Genres you actively hate

hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
No pussyfooting. Only genres you find no redeeming value in.

modern country
nu metal
top 40 rap and rnb
reggaeton
pop punk
happy hardcore
trance

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    anything with the pearl jam creed singers. anything. bonus points for acoustic guitar intro and/or bald goatee heartfelt yeaaahhhhh stone temple pilots anything yikes

that one's an easy one, so I'll admit:

I can't stand the clarinet in dixieland jazz. And, since I think clarinet's in all of dixieland jazz, I am an active hatteur of dixieland jazz.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Reggaeton

peace,xavier

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hip Hop

• Dubstep..

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    l a working on not actively hating any kind of music.
    more challenging, l am trying not to hate any one artist. Garth Brooks excepted.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I am currently very actively h8ing your local/regional Jam Band.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    Hip Hop
    Very Undope of you.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    I dunno about hate, but I have yet to hear any soca that was even listenable.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Horrorcore

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Zouk

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Things that will make me leave a place and/or knock a small child down to change the station

drumnbass
    earnest sing-songy breathy end-credit of shit-ass TV show music
    screeching rock guitar noodling
    jazz fusion guitar noodling

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Reggaeton

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    These are too easy... I mean, hating Nu Metal or Current Pop Country are easy. Hell, it takes more effort to like them.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    anything with the pearl jam creed singers. anything. bonus points for acoustic guitar intro and/or bald goatee heartfelt yeaaahhhhh stone temple pilots anything yikes

i call this goatrock. pearl jam not so much as creed -- creed or staind are basically the epitome of this genre.

breadwinner said:
    dukeofdelridge said:

i call this goatrock. pearl jam not so much as creed -- creed or staind are basically the epitome of this genre.

ed ved's hair is the only thing that's fooling you. it's the same shit. pearl jam is goatrock.

I like the term, by the way...HEY IS THAT GOATROCK DUDE? WELL, TURN IT UP MAN!

YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    breadwinner said:
    dukeofdelridge said:

ed ved's hair is the only thing that's fooling you. it's the same shit. pearl jam is goatrock.

I like the term, by the way...HEY IS THAT GOATROCK DUDE? WELL, TURN IT UP MAN!

YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's kind of amazing that this style of corporate rock is what you hear on mainstream airwaves to this day. That Pearl Jam album came out 20 years ago ! The fact that it still has relevancy boggles the mind.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    double-bass drum metal

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Psytrance

and

90s/00s Rock Hop

• i've never been able to handle soca. even the most "radio friendly" of jawns. it always ends up like someone smashing a filing cabinet with a balpeen hammer while whistling 'oh susanna'.

reggaeton gets the middle too.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Zouk
    zouk soukouss

it's ridiculous how DJing african music could be two totally different spectrums
    and the 'club' zouk makes reggaeton sound like gabriel garcia lorca

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    Two words... Ga Ga or any other types of the sort. Also, southern gospel, but it doesn't attack me on the radio every few minutes like Gaga does.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    pretty much any genre whose name was coined in the last 10-12 years...

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Modern Yacht
    (Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews,Train...)

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    Goth.

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    crabcore/"scene"/whatever they call this bootleg hardcore with trance synths and autotuned hooks vs. screamed verses

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Sweet_Premium said:
    Dubstep..

particularly, "the dubstep remix of [insert well known song here]"

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Hate...that's a powerful word.

Christian folk & most Christian rock.metal. (Nothing against religion).
    Polka
    Most music using accordians
    Cutesy kiddie pop
    Humperdink easy listening

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    IDM makes itself easy to hate by self-applying the adjective "intelligent", even if you've never heard an note of the music.

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    Christian gangster rap anyone?
    .....also the Friends theme song makes me roll on the ground in agony.