World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    NO WAY.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    NOOOOOO!

W.S. ABREU G. WITH THE CHIPPER.

STR9 LOCO BROS'N'SIS. LOCO.

FUCK.

Oh well.

gg.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    I feel awful for Gyan.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ketan said:
    I feel awful for Gyan.

Absolutely. The further your team gets in a tournament, the more painful it gets to lose on penalties... and Ghana were really taking the game to Uruguay, and should've had that.

I hope Holland knock them out of it in the next round. That handball is bad karma.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    That was unbelievable. Uruguay!!!!!!!!!!

• This sets up nicely for the Oranje, they don't have to battle a continent and Uruaguy is tired and without Luis Suarez.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    fuck suarez... he did what he had to do but still.... fuck suarez.. that's some shit that will come back to get you

i feel very very bad for Gyan... and what was up with Mensah's penalty? Terrible.

thursdayalley said:
    This sets up nicely for the Oranje, they don't have to battle a continent and Uruaguy is tired and without Luis Suarez.

The Dutch will beat them 3-0

catalist said:
    thursdayalley said:
    This sets up nicely for the Oranje, they don't have to battle a continent and Uruaguy is tired and without Luis Suarez.

The Dutch will beat them 3-0

I think the harder question is who will the Dutch play in the final...

Tomorrow is going to be awesome.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    catalist said:
    fuck suarez... he did what he had to do but still.... fuck suarez.. that's some shit that will come back to get you

i feel very very bad for Gyan... and what was up with Mensah's penalty? Terrible.

Am I missing something here? He saved what would have been a goal, was correctly punished for it AND Ghana choked on calitalizing off it.

mannybolone said:
    catalist said:

Am I missing something here? He saved what would have been a goal, was correctly punished for it AND Ghana choked on calitalizing off it.

No you got everything right, still.... fuck suarez

mannybolone said:
    Am I missing something here?

Sportsmanship.

(Oh, and I really wanted Ghana to win, so I'm a teeny bit jealous of Uruguay.)

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    bassie said:
    I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK.

THIS IS TEH MAGIC OF THE SOCCERBALL.

THIS IS WHY WE KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE PUNISHMENT.

Uraguay obviously have help from above.

And speaking on wipeouts: as a one-man superpower of sports predictions, I would always advise against those...

Damn.

Ghana! GHANA!!!!

That was harsh.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    ketan said:
    mannybolone said:

Sportsmanship.

GTFOHWTBS, any player defending goal like that would have done the same. You wouldn't be trying if you didnt stick your hand out like that. It was the only way to stop that goal at that distance.

And, what's all this talk about Ghana "deserved" to win the game? F*ck em! Im still salty they beat the US.

• BTW The Orange Summerfest raer smiley face is ideal for today.

and Suarez did the right thing... but the karma gods didn't get it right.

phongone said:
    ketan said:
    mannybolone said:

Sportsmanship.

GTFOHWTBS...It was the only way to stop that goal at that distance.

And I do believe that you've just made my point. It's called FOOTball. Maybe as an American you weren't aware of that minor detail. (Just kidding!)

dukeofdelridge said:
    Uraguay obviously have help from BELOW.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

DRAMA

• planless said:

DRAMA

I wonder what the FIFA president will say about THAT.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Mad lulz at "sportsmanship," talk... When Ghana feigns death in extra time, it's part of the game. When Suarez stops the ball and gets punished, it's deplorable.

Soccer also has a lot of, "they deserved ______," talk, which to me, has no place in sport. If you win, you deserved it. If you don't, you didn't...I know this is very American or something, but it is something I can't get behind in sports.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Nothing but respect for Luis Suarez, he did what he had to do and it kept his team in the tournament.

And yeah the canary thing is a reference to Brazil's Canarinho nickname.

gareth said:
    Mad lulz at "sportsmanship," talk... When Ghana feigns death in extra time, it's part of the game. When Suarez stops the ball and gets punished, it's deplorable.

Tony Fernandez would not agree with your mad lulz'ing of sportsmanship, gareth. (Was he the Blue Jay in those "Fair play...it's the only way to play" ads back in the 80s? Anyone??)

Believe me, I was also (less) frustrated by the series of "injuries" that the Ghana team were rolling around with. I hate that sh*t. Makes players look like babies.

• dukeofdelridge said:

Jesus, you live in a cave as well?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Saying: I thought Ghana deserved the goal at the end insofar as only a clearly illegal handball prevented the score but this ain't basketball. Still have to make your PK count and Gyan flubbed it. Heartbreaker but didn't seem unfair.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    suarez was flopping all over the place and missed that beautiful opporunity
    forlan stepped up
    crazy finish and no hatt here

paraguay needs penalties to beat spain
    GO PARAGUAY!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    mannybolone said:

Am I missing something here? He saved what would have been a goal, was correctly punished for it AND Ghana choked on capitalizing off it.

You are correct sir. Uruguay is through bc of suarez taking on the keepers role.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    So what's the difference between Uruguay and Paraguay?