World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    It seems like a lot of people who have visited Argentina would like to see Uruguay win. Why is that?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    BigSpliff said:
    It seems like a lot of people who have visited Argentina would like to see Uruguay win. Why is that?

I thought the babe next to her was way hotter.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    BigSpliff said:

I thought the babe next to her was way hotter.

That was PARAGUAY! :comedy_gold:

I'm trying to remember the name of this American actress, she usually plays the maternal/older sister or friend of the hot, younger actress that's getting banged by John Travolta or somebody.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    not a clue.

also, no clue on the fantasy league. Haven't looked at it in a week...took my ball and went home LOL

I'm watchin both them shits tomorrow though: believe it.

Just realized I'll be in the middle of nowhere for the final...a wedding in the mountains.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    BigSpliff said:

I don't know about people who've visited but Argentinians & Uruguayans are strongly connected, so it's natural to encourage them & take their side as well.

DOR said:

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

I'm trying to remember the name of this American actress, she usually plays the maternal/older sister or friend of the hot, younger actress that's getting banged by John Travolta or somebody.

catherine keener?

thrope said:
    Duderonomy said:

catherine keener?

FUCKING THANK YOU! That's her!

They don't look so similar in these picks, but in Argentina's opening match, Beansy scored a header, and from that moment on, the camera men obviously thought he was a star player who's reactions to goals, offside calls and what-have-you needed to be shown in glorious slow-motion. And I kept thinking, "Why does he remind me of somebody I'd like to bang?" :pasue:
    It's because he looks like Catherine Keener, who I've always had a thing for.
    Worrying horn for Argentinian left-back VINDICATED!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    :oh_my:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I just got back from Argetina and it was impossible to get a straight answer out of those people

What do you mean by THOSE people? :-P

Duderonomy said:
    And I kept thinking, "Why does he remind me of somebody I'd like to bang?" :pasue:

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    this makes me happy!

http://www.twitvid.com/DVMG7

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Someone sent me this today and I thought I'd share with SS.

"Twilight is like soccer. They run around for two hours, nobody scores, and its billion fans insist you just don't understand."

J i m s t e r said:

Ha ha who would have thought at half time that we'd have the current scoreline? This match is starting to get very entertaining.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Oh shit here comes the Netherlands!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Junior said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Ha ha who would have thought at half time that we'd have the current scoreline? This match is starting to get very entertaining.

:oof:

Brazil were playing like a pub team by the end.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Whoa

Yeah Holland were a different team once they actually got Robben to play down the wing and run at them. He can be such a frustrating player but on form he's a terror. Brazil totally self destructed. One of the most entertaining halves of football I've seen at this WC. Lacking in quality sure, but for sheer drama hard to beat.

back earlier, when this thread was about to derail, when it was BraZil's Living Off Beautiful Game Image, someone called their play "cynical." That was perfect, and pretty much on display there at the end of that game... It was the fourth Brazil game I watched this World Cup, and the fourth time I was rooting for their opponent. They seem salty.

That second HOLANDA goal was pretty sick. foot to the head to the head to the goal.

it's cloudy today, I had to step up my antenna game:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i knew the ramires card would come back to bite us in the ass

dukeofdelridge said:
    someone called their play "cynical."

That was me, and I stand by it. The Dutch aren't saints by any means, but then they don't benefit from lenient treatment by officials and media alike. To give an example, during the post-match analysis on ITV, Kevin Keegan was acting all outraged about Marc van Bommel escaping a card for three fairly innocuous, if a little physical, challenges, and declaring that the referee had a bad game. A few minutes earlier, you'd have seen all three panellists tying themselves in knots as they tried to avoid admitting that Felipe Melo's red card for stamping on Robben was deserved.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    A few minutes earlier, you'd have seen all three panellists tying themselves in knots as they tried to avoid admitting that Felipe Melo's red card for stamping on Robben was deserved.

That wasn't the case at all. They said it was nasty and Kevin Keegan said he'll get an extra 3 game ban for it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    someone called their play "cynical."

That was me, and I stand by it. The Dutch aren't saints by any means, but then they don't benefit from lenient treatment by officials and media alike. To give an example, during the post-match analysis on ITV, Kevin Keegan was acting all outraged about Marc van Bommel escaping a card for three fairly innocuous, if a little physical, challenges, and declaring that the referee had a bad game. A few minutes earlier, you'd have seen all three panellists tying themselves in knots as they tried to avoid admitting that Felipe Melo's red card for stamping on Robben was deserved.

The ESPN coverage here was very balanced in this regard. Felipe had to go and so did Von Bommel. Robben should win an oscar for his acting. Still, Brazil made some huge errors and deserved to be sent home.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    merda.

Shears said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    A few minutes earlier, you'd have seen all three panellists tying themselves in knots as they tried to avoid admitting that Felipe Melo's red card for stamping on Robben was deserved.

That wasn't the case at all. They said it was nasty and Kevin Keegan said he'll get an extra 3 game ban for it.

After Andy Townsend said, "At first we thought he [Robben] was making a meal of it..."

Now, why would you think that, Andy?

I wouldn't bet the house on that extra three games, btw.