TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Just seen this, hope everything is going well for you Marc. Doesn't seem like much else has happened while I was away, wondering whether to even click on the WC thread. Bastards.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    New manager, new broom. Put out the nippers. They can't be any worse than the fat millionaire's club.

Yeah couldn't hurt could it, rebuild from scratch, we didn't get to the last Euros anyway so would hardly be any worse by rebuilding with a manager who doesn't fall in love when he meets Beckham or think that Terry is a top bloke.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Was there any team that played worse than England? The Germany game was our best performance, and we were absolutely battered 4-1. They could have scored more. Maybe they should've, just to hammer home the message that those English players are a shite team, and even as individuals, they're mediocre, with poor technical ability and a limited understanding of how to play football. Franz was right when he said we'd regressed to the days of kick'n'rush.

David James, for a 40 year old, was good, but hopelessly exposed, but makes you wonder why Capello plumped on Robert Green as his first choice keeper when the guy had spent a season at West Ham picking the ball out of the back of the net.

Ashley Cole, Gareth Barry, Defoe and Milner came out of this looking like decent squad players who gave it their best shot.

I don't think Upson, Johnson, or Heskey would've have made the bench for any other team at the finals.

Terry, Lampard, Gerrard & Rooney were all hype, and they're, supposedly, the 'world class' players of the team.

Anyway, just glad that lot are going home so I can get on with enjoying the football played by real teams. Argentina looked awesome. Interested to see what Brasil do. Have Holland been tested yet? Although Torres isn't doing well, David Villa keeps scoring and Spain seem to have put their early wobble behind them. Argentina vs Germany will be a great match.

Argentina! Argentina! Argentina!

On a more selfish plus point from this world cup, Javier Hern??ndez Balc??zar looks like a great signing for Utd. I can only hope that he finally breaks the South American curse we have.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Well now Rooney is no longer the world-class legend we thought he was, it's lucky we have a proven World Cup scoring player (the true sign of greatness) to fill his boots.

No argument that he was lethal in the prem - so, is he tired, injured, outclassed/outhought or just too moody to put a shift in when the opposition is not quaking at the thought of playing Un*ted?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    No argument that he was lethal in the prem - so, is he tired, injured, outclassed/outhought or just too moody to put a shift in when the opposition is not quaking at the thought of playing Un*ted?

All of this. I get the impression that him and Gerrard were sitting on a different lunch table from the rest of the team.

I've always enjoyed Rooney as being a slightly temperamental artist rather than necessarily a workhorse.

You'd also think the ball was designed to stifle players like this (no, no excuses) because his first touch was such a drastic fail.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Weina weweases the baww to Cawwagher, who swips it out to Gewwawd on the weft. Gewwawd cwosses it fwuwenty to Aquiwani, who sees Towwes dwifting into space behind the weft-back and dwops a cwispwy-measured baww at the feet of the one-time Atwetico Madwid ace. Towwes wushes onto the cwoss and dwives the baww into the top wight-hand corner beyond the weach of the hopewesswy fwaiwing keeper. The Kop goes cwazy!"

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Junior said:
    On a more selfish plus point from this world cup, Javier Hern??ndez Balc??zar looks like a great signing for Utd. I can only hope that he finally breaks the South American curse we have.

Mexico is in North America. Pull out an atlas and have some fun learning about countries that play inventive, attacking football.

Can this be the thread where DocMcoy re-evaluates his pick for world's greatest wingback?

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    belated bigups to moke, hope he's doing good.

BigSpliff said:
    Junior said:

Mexico is in North America. Pull out an atlas and have some fun learning about countries that play inventive, attacking football.

Actually in Europe Mexico is not considered to be part of North America. We class it as Central or Latin America. Best you go back to your adopted home nation threads.

B/w just pulled out the atlas and learnt about Uruguay and Paraguay. Amazing inventive, attacking football on offer there. Thanks for the heads up.

BigSpliff said:
    Can this be the thread where DocMcoy re-evaluates his pick for world's greatest wingback?

I think he said left-wingback.

Maicon/Danny Alves are easy picks for rightside, but who is the number one on the left?

Beansy for Argentina? Not likely.
    Capdevilla for Spain? Recognised as the weakest link in a great team.

Have any of the teams still in it got a great, marauding LB? Lahm played there before moving to the right.

I must be missing an obvious choice.

Duderonomy said:
    BigSpliff said:

I think he said left-wingback.

Maicon/Danny Alves are easy picks for rightside, but who is the number one on the left?

Beansy for Argentina? Not likely.
    Capdevilla for Spain? Recognised as the weakest link in a great team.

Have any of the teams still in it got a great, marauding LB? Lahm played there before moving to the right.

I must be missing an obvious choice.

Only one that's really blown me away at this tournament is Carlos Salcido for Mexico. Jury's still slightly out on his defensive qualities but attacking wise he was an absolute menace.

Junior said:
    BigSpliff said:
    Junior said:

Actually in Europe Mexico is not considered to be part of North America. We class it as Central or Latin America. Best you go back to your adopted home nation threads.

B/w just pulled out the atlas and learnt about Uruguay and Paraguay. Amazing inventive, attacking football on offer there. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, they are from SOUTH America. Hey, so you live "in Europe" now?

I think Paraguay in 98 and 02 were the reason that the golden goal was scrapped. Mexico were playing very differently.

What's with the colonial beef?

Junior: For shame. I know it's incredibly hot and muggy, and I feel tetchy too, but I sense some snark, and the bait wasn't even juicy!

Bigspliff: Stay on lane!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    BigSpliff said:

Heh. Yeah, well...

On his day, Cole is very, very good, though.

BigSpliff said:
    Junior said:
    BigSpliff said:
    Junior said:

Yeah, they are from SOUTH America. Hey, so you live "in Europe" now?

I think Paraguay in 98 and 02 were the reason that the golden goal was scrapped. Mexico were playing very differently.

Yep we've been part of this continent for a while now. In England itself North America = USA & Canada in a similar way to Britain = England in the States.

Latin America wise, no argument over Mexico's style. Same for Chile and, of course, Argentina. However Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil are all different forms of slow torture.

DocMcCoy said:
    BigSpliff said:

Heh. Yeah, well...

I don't like him but yeah, can't front with his "B2B"-skillz.

Bobberto Carlos wasn't bad IIRC. 100+ caps for Brasil. And they had Cafu on the other side.

Duderonomy said:
    What's with the colonial beef?

Junior: For shame. I know it's incredibly hot and muggy, and I feel tetchy too, but I sense some snark, and the bait wasn't even juicy!

Yeah I hang my head on that one. Blame it on the weather, lack of sleep, first week back at work, adverts on Spotify, seeing Fwanks smiling mug in the paper this morning, Lucy Mangan, Example on MTV, general high male time of the month aggression levels and the detached nature of the new boards. I have nothing but love for the one BigSpliff anyway. 3

England fans got a rude awakening in South Africa so I understand the coochiehurt, especially if your PL team is built on Rooney (sell asap but who will pay? Everton?) and a bunch of US shopping malls that are about to go bankrupt. But the rest of the world (Scotland, Wales) has definitely been trying to tell you the truth for a while

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement

Junior said:
    detached nature of the new boards.

I think the simple act of re-adding...

"Location: [equivalent of 'funny' t-shirt]"

...back under the avatars would rewl.

DocMcCoy said:
    BigSpliff said:

Heh. Yeah, well...

No disagreement.

PS I heart Junior. I just imagine he was born in Salford and had no choice about which team to support.

BigSpliff said:
    England fans got a rude awakening in South Africa so I understand the coochiehurt, especially if your PL team is built on Rooney (sell asap but who will pay? Everton?) and a bunch of US shopping malls that are about to go bankrupt. But the rest of the world (Scotland, Wales) has definitely been trying to tell you the truth for a while

Ha no asshurt here, I never expected us to do much at the WC so in a suitably English way hoping this is the rude awakening the whole English FA system needs though doubt it will be. Rooney is a footballing god anyway, a fat, baby headed, possibly inbred, granny shagging, footballing god admittedly but a footballing god all the same. In a few years time if the team is built round him and he is fit we'll be glorious.*

*That is if Wales don't knock us out at qualifying. Shout out to Neil for his tact and restraint after Sunday.

BigSpliff said:
    I just imagine he was born in Salford and had no choice about which team to support.

Ha, touch??. In my defence it was North Essex which as everyone knows in the early eighties were the second homes of Liverpool and United. I can only thank my childhood self for knowing that the years of suffering for my choice at the time would be well rewarded later in life.

On an entirely unrelated point, are there no smileys on this board or is something to do with me using the Desert scheme?

Junior said:
    detached nature of the new boards.

I think the simple act of re-adding...

"Location: [equivalent of 'funny' t-shirt]"

...back under the avatars would rewl.

Hell yeah I even updated my Z-ro location to 99.9% White before I realised that someone had to go through the trouble of clicking on my profile to see it. I then got lost down a tunnel of concern that I had to make it worth their while by filling in all other possible areas before getting tired and over stressed about the whole thing and retreating back to as blank a profile as possible.

One for Paul: what do you think of that Busta track Don't Touch Me?
    I know you think I don't like rap, but I just had a second listen to Gucci Mane in case my revived rap enthusiasm would open a new angle for some appreciation of Lemonade, but they're still chalk and cheese to me... to my ears, Busta raps rather than mumbles, and comes across as an entertainer that could be appreciated by people not even into rap. That Gucci track just isn't interesting! I know different styles and tastes are things that people's ears get attuned to, but the guy Gucci should be doing more to help out his listeners imo.

Bussa-bus always entertains. I used to think his rap technique was one-dimensional, consisting of mainly rhyming the ends of consecutive sentences (as long as they ended in "-eo" or "io" words. No drama doe if the word didn't, he simply added these endings to them).

I still think that, but it is harder than it looks on paper.

He is an entertainer doe. As an official old man, I get the feeling a lot of CONNECTED rap is made for passing the time in prison. No room for entertainment there son.

And naturally, it is the very nature of the music-made-by-criminals-for-criminals trench that is attractive to the out-of-laners bored with the mainstream scenery of their comfortable suburban journey down life's interstate. Those "Outrageous" GaGa billboards get real old real fast etc...