Most Annoying Current Slang Word to You

124»

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    walter_chron said:
    Horseleech said:
    Possum Tom said:
    Nobody should be riding for "wicked" over any slang term, played out or not

I don't use either, but I would ride for 'wicked' over 'hella' by a thousand miles.

u sound old/white

Darn, I was trying so hard to sound young and black.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Oh yeah, can't stand when folks use the term "dro"...when they clearly don't even know what it means, i.e. not every weed even slightly better than bricked Mexican dirt weed is dro. Hell, not even every top flight weed is dro for that matter.

Never liked a bong being called a "bubbler" either.

Yeah, dro = hydro = hydroponic = grown without dirt. I'd say 95-99% of people who smoke weed has NO CLUE how their weed is grown.

And a bubbler and a bong are two completely different things.

Gotta agree with Garcia Vega, "dead ass" is about the worst thing ever.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:

Hella and Finna is cool as well. Dont over use shit.

Finna ain't slang though, at least not intentional slang. Either you just naturally say finna, along with bouta...or you just shouldn't.

"Fixin' to" is slang, it's not proper English, so the contracted version "finna" has to be slang also.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    what do the uk strutters think of "seen" and "safe"?
    :shitty: I'm surrounded by people who use this vernacular constantly whilst at University.

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    "Bleed" and "bleedgame" -- I think this is some serious Texas shit, cos the only two dudes I've ever known who used it seriously were both from Greenville, which is basically a Breaking Bad episode. It means "to bum, steal, or acquire through illicit means," with or without knowledge of the recipient of the bleedgaming: "Yo, patna, can I bleed a cigarette?" contrasted with "I bleedgame shit from the 7/11 on the daily."

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    maldorurr said:
    "Bleed" and "bleedgame" -- I think this is some serious Texas shit, cos the only two dudes I've ever known who used it seriously were both from Greenville, which is basically a Breaking Bad episode. It means "to bum, steal, or acquire through illicit means," with or without knowledge of the recipient of the bleedgaming: "Yo, patna, can I bleed a cigarette?" contrasted with "I bleedgame shit from the 7/11 on the daily."

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Diggin.
    In all of its possible incarnations.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    maldorurr said:

Comes from saying "bleed the block".

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    48volts said:
    hipster dudes in brooklyn that say "cheers".

"no worries"

Are you sure you aint in Sydney (or have a bunch of down unda cats moved to Brooklyn?)... hehehe

Thats Oz slang 101- cheers, no worries mate!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    smoking_robot said:
    Duderonomy said:

I'm still turning over "I could care less" that Rock mentioned.
    Maybe this is a pond thing, but I'm sure over here, the people that use this say "I couldn't care less", a bit like "I couldn't give a fuck". I could care less seems to prompt the response, "You could? Well, I give you permission to care as little as you like, it's really not that important", while "I couldn't care less" seems correct as it's stating a lack of interest, like "I couldn't care less than I did before you brought this up, so save your breath".

here you go:

So... couldn't care less is like the ultimate don't-give-a-shit, while could care less is admitting to giving a shit, but considering giving less of a shit? While neither one is 'correct', one seems to be a more definitive response than the other with less room for confusion.

what do the uk strutters think of ???seen???

In my experience, only heard used by middle-class students in their early twenties. They also described things that were not good as 'brass' (like ass) if they were bad. Or was it good?
    Not a fan.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

In my experience, only heard used by middle-class students in their early twenties. They also described things that were not good as 'brass' (like ass) if they were bad. Or was it good?
    Not a fan.

Seen.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Paul said:
    Duderonomy said:

Not a fan.

Seen.

Brass!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Allow it.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    "Dead ass"

I don't ever want to hear anyone saying that.

i HATE that one with a passion of christ

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    LokoOne said:
    sabadabada said:
    48volts said:
    hipster dudes in brooklyn that say "cheers".

"no worries"

Are you sure you aint in Sydney (or have a bunch of down unda cats moved to Brooklyn?)... hehehe

Thats Oz slang 101- cheers, no worries mate!

I ride for "cheers," but only out of my undying love for NORTHERN!

• Paul said:
    Allow it.

Standard!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Not a word, but an expression : FML/fuck my life
    are you kidding me?! you missed an effin' bus, you aren't in a labour camp.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    same difference

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    cove said:
    Not a word, but an expression : FML/fuck my life
    are you kidding me?! you missed an effin' bus, you aren't in a labour camp.

yes, i agree with this.

(trying carefully to not use one of the aforementioned bad words.)

• awkward!!!

i hear young twenty-year-olds applying this word the everything fuckin' phenomenon.

• awkward!!!

i hear young twenty-year-olds apply this word to every fuckin' phenomenon.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    parsec said:
    All I know is, you shouldn't be allowed to be married if you use the word "wifey".

Ugh

My Facebook status update from earlier today:

"The missus" > "wifey"

I'm kinda confused by "dead ass." Is that the same as "ass" as an adjective suffix? 'Cause if so, I use that all the time.

Examples:

- "Man, I'm dead ass tired."

-"Damn, that's a dope ass beat!"

-"Whoa, that fine ass lady has some big ass nalgas!"

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    parsec said:
    I'm kinda confused by "dead ass." Is that the same as "ass" as an adjective suffix? 'Cause if so, I use that all the time.

Examples:

- "Man, I'm dead ass tired."

-"Damn, that's a dope ass beat!"

-"Whoa, that fine ass lady has some big ass nalgas!"

it's meant as "dead ass serious" / "dead serious". i don't think most of the kids who use it, know that. they just repeat what they hear others say. it's used commonly used like a punctuation at the end of a statement as "REAL TALK" is.