Most Annoying Current Slang Word to You

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:

Hella and Finna is cool as well. Dont over use shit.

Finna ain't slang though, at least not intentional slang. Either you just naturally say finna, along with bouta...or you just shouldn't.

i was gonna say... i mean if "hella" gets grandfathered in, "finna" gets great-grandfathered...

• 48volts48volts 18 Posts
    hipster dudes in brooklyn that say "cheers".

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Breez said:
    We met Common back in like '96 and this dude said, to Common, "Yo, niggaz be sleepin' on your skillz son". Common was like, "I know this white boy didn't just say niggaz". I felt like such an idiot being with this dude.

If I meet him I want to say "Sorry, this cracker forgot his rollerblades."

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    what does "based" mean??

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    "Random"

E.g.

"Oh, we ended up at this random bar."
    "It was like, soooooo random."
    "We were the there with all these randoms."
    "It felt so random."

People seem to title every photo album on Facebook 'random' as well.

Grrrrr.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    "Sick".

The 6-yr olds are using it at #1 son's school. "Sick goal" etc.

Sounds muy bad.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    "Sick".

Sounds muy bad.

SICK!

That's not so bad, but it doesn't seem to be over-used in my local experience.
    Random has always pissed me off, because it's always used incorrectly.

I'm still turning over "I could care less" that Rock mentioned.
    Maybe this is a pond thing, but I'm sure over here, the people that use this say "I couldn't care less", a bit like "I couldn't give a fuck". I could care less seems to prompt the response, "You could? Well, I give you permission to care as little as you like, it's really not that important", while "I couldn't care less" seems correct as it's stating a lack of interest, like "I couldn't care less than I did before you brought this up, so save your breath".

This reminds me of Rock's "Wait on line" question. I could see a lot of confusion arising between us.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    48volts said:

"no worries"

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    48volts said:

"no worries"

Assholes who go to Costa Rica and come back saying "Pura Vida" to everything.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hahaa...i just found a bar of costa rican pura vida soap the other day in a shoebox.

hard to describe, but my pet peeve is more of a common inflection, most often used by women. theyll say something like "we want to the new bistro and the brunch was slammin" but they will put a high pitched inflection/falsetto on the last part, usually the adjective. makes me wnat to strangle people

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    All I know is, you shouldn't be allowed to be married if you use the word "wifey".

Ugh

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    "Current" apparently no longer means what I thought it meant. Hipsteurs of the strut please enlighten me.

I mean, I hate when people say "groovy" or tell me to "keep on truckin", but I'll still call you a "turkey" in a heartbeat.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    "Current" apparently no longer means what I thought it meant. Hipsteurs of the strut please enlighten me.

The rate of flow of electric charge?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    48volts said:

Ha!! So true!!

• MINUTE

Yo I haven't seen you in forever, it's been a minute.

I'll see you in a minute,

GAHHHHH I hate that

• Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    "Sick".

Sounds muy bad.

SICK!

That's not so bad, but it doesn't seem to be over-used in my local experience.
    Random has always pissed me off, because it's always used incorrectly.

I'm still turning over "I could care less" that Rock mentioned.
    Maybe this is a pond thing, but I'm sure over here, the people that use this say "I couldn't care less", a bit like "I couldn't give a fuck". I could care less seems to prompt the response, "You could? Well, I give you permission to care as little as you like, it's really not that important", while "I couldn't care less" seems correct as it's stating a lack of interest, like "I couldn't care less than I did before you brought this up, so save your breath".

This reminds me of Rock's "Wait on line" question. I could see a lot of confusion arising between us.

here you go:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:

Hella and Finna is cool as well. Dont over use shit.

Finna ain't slang though, at least not intentional slang. Either you just naturally say finna, along with bouta...or you just shouldn't.

this is true. also, fixin'.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Me and my bestie out poppin' collars, beastin' like a dead ass. What happened? Real talk, me and my bestie out and could care less about the bling, but I would blap that monster donk right along with some unexpected and surprising dro from the bubbler. Both icey and dope, I seen this amazing, no, brilliant jump off so wet she's epic. Thinking I hella cut for material swag. Really? So much ignant up in my wheelhouse, bruh bruh, but I thought I'd have to give a fail along with a facepalm, but it's all good. It gets hecka biffy when the goodest be chillin' like cheers. So based when randoms are so sick, but no worries, been living the pura vida with wifey for a minute.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    ridiculous..

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    motown67 said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    "Hella" simply annoys me to death.

That word has faced the test of time here in the Bay and I don't mind at all. It's been around for at least 20 years or more.

As a Northeasterner I've always dreaded the possibility of 'hella' crossing the country and establishing itself here.

I think 'wicked', though, would get territorial and stomp it's ass if it tried.

• Horseleech said:
    motown67 said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

That word has faced the test of time here in the Bay and I don't mind at all. It's been around for at least 20 years or more.

As a Northeasterner I've always dreaded the possibility of 'hella' crossing the country and establishing itself here.

umm.... does 'wicked' mean the same thing as 'hella' out there ?

walter_chron said:
    Horseleech said:
    motown67 said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

umm.... does 'wicked' mean the same thing as 'hella' out there ?

I'm not sure either word has 'meaning' per se when used this way, but they are both used as exclamatory modifiers in similar ways.

i.e. 'hella cool' = 'wicked cool'

• ParkdaleFunk said:
    MINUTE

Yo I haven't seen you in forever, it's been a minute.

I'll see you in a minute,

GAHHHHH I hate that

I hate it as well. Everytime my friends tell me, "Man, I haven't seen you in a minute." I go, "Wrong. You haven't seen me in a while, which consists of many minutes in between."

• what do the uk strutters think of "seen" and "safe"?

• incompletejigsaw said:
    I go, "Wrong. You haven't seen me in a while, which consists of many minutes in between."

this is so lame. much more annoying than saying 'minute'.

• walter_chron said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I go, "Wrong. You haven't seen me in a while, which consists of many minutes in between."

this is so lame. much more annoying than saying 'minute'.

I have only said that to my friends to show them how annoying the term "minute" is to me. My friends haven't said it to me since, so it has worked. For me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Nobody should be riding for "wicked" over any slang term, played out or not

Possum Tom said:

I don't use either, but I would ride for 'wicked' over 'hella' by a thousand miles.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Possum Tom said:

I don't use either, but I would ride for 'wicked' over 'hella' by a thousand miles.

This is why we as a people can't have things and go nice places

• Horseleech said:
    Possum Tom said:

u sound old/white