World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,786 Posts
    Spain have already played better in 20 mins than England will manage during the whole tournament.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/all-whites/news/article.cfm?c_id=117&objectid=10652305

First the pavlova, then Phar Lap, then Russell Crowe and now, those shameless Aussies are even claiming the All Whites.

Cringing from the still raw memory of their own team's hiding at the hands of Germany, the Sydney Morning Herald today ran a story on the All Whites' 1-1 draw with Slovakia under the headline 'Australasia 1 - Slovakia 1'.

That's right - apparently New Zealand has ceased to exist and is now part of a country called 'Australasia'.

The paper reported that Aussie fans were bristling at the prospect of being upstaged by their trans-Tasman neighbours.

"Even those hardcore Fanatics, camped out at Tent City in Durban, were becoming toey yesterday at the prospect of being upstaged by the Kiwis at the greatest game on turf," said the Sydney Morning Herald.

"As if we didn't have enough to worry about, we're going to have the bloody Kiwis climbing into our faces," Australian Luke Williamson was quoted as saying.
    CCID: 35227 | adwidth=300

Scott Kittelty contacted nzherald.co.nz to register his disgust at the Aussies' "blatant attempt at salvaging some remote pride for the Socceroos' dismal performance".

"How dare the Aussies take credit for our win," he wrote. "That we had a fantastic moment of glory for them to piggy-back off is unacceptable."

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Spain have already played better in 20 mins than England will manage during the whole tournament.

Unfair comparison, the Swiss have Senderos on the pitch.

Spain look good so far but I need goals.

So far most impressive teams have been Argentina, Chile and (with mitigating circumstances) Germany. Spain don't need to do much more to join that group.

Puyol is such a class act.

Senderos just got subbed, so that excuse is out the window.
    Perhaps you can use that golden touch next time England play?

Spain are missing Senna though. Not only was he great at snuffing out attacks with all of the assurance of Makalele in his pomp, but his passing set up counter-attacks and he had that sledgehammer shot he could unleash. Who have Spain got at DM? That cock Sergi Busquets, or Xabi Alonso? Neither as good as Senna.

VILLA OVER-ELABORATING! Should be 1-0.

I'm confused - I don't know what the golden touch is or what I'm supposed to be defending? Is it that middling, unstructured England are better than European Champions, qualifying record breakers and World cup favourites Spain?

In that case, South African internationals:

USA 2 - Spain 0
    USA 1 - England 1

There you go, facts don't lie.

Spain need Torres on the pitch, it's all build up no finish at the moment. Trebles for show, doubles for dough etc etc....

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes. Torres should be on. & Busquets and Alonso are better than Senna. Alonso's passing was one of the highlights of that frankly dull 45mins.

Yeah Alonso is a fantastic passer of the ball, I think they've got no issues there, just need someone on the end of it, especially with Iniesta playing so wide. Please Spain to do something great.

In other news

Argentina coach Diego Maradona:
    "Pele has to go back to the museum. Regarding Michel Platini, I always had a very distant relationship with him - hello and goodbye. We know how the French are and Platini is French and he thinks of himself as being more than the rest of the world. I've never paid him any attention and I won't do it now."

What a legend.

Junior said:

USA 2 - Spain 0
    USA 1 - England 1

There you go, facts don't lie.

Laugh-not-quite-Out-Loud. Yeah, Alonso's passing was good, but Sergi & Alonso make the tackling bit look like hard work (in comparision) while Senna was one of those players who's positioning was soo good... he seemed to break up attacks without needing to break into a run.

Would like to see Torres on. Fabregas should save himself for Arsenal; he'll have lots of game time next season when we do the Prem-FA Cup-Champs League treble.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    :face_melt:

I take everything back.

SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!

LOL doesn't do that justice, you know, the more of this WC I watch, the more I feel better about last Saturday. Spain are lucky that went in as there was some rather dubious defensive play going on there which seems to have been overlooked.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There's very little in this game.

It's early doors and I expect the Swiss to tire just in time for Torres and future treble winner Cesc to come on but you can't help but feel that if they had spent more time on finishing and less time on crafting a classic goal they'd never have ended up in this situation.

I was just looking at my Fantasy team and reflecting that I shouldn't have wasted money picking a defender just because he's called 'Ponce' when I hadn't got my full quota of Germans, who are obviously best value at this stage of any WC.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Xabi fucking Alonso, best player on the pitch.

I just noticed - I CAN BARELY HEAR THE STUPID VUVUZELAS! It's like there's an actual **atmosphere**

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    :face_melt: :face_melt:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it pains me to say the swiss deserve to win

This is a game.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    pcmr said:

They don't but I'll be happy if they do.

COME ON YOU STAYING NEUTRAL GOLD HOARDING MUTHA FUCKERS!!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Okem said:
    pcmr said:

They don't but I'll be happy if they do. COME ON YOU STAYING NEUTRAL GOLD HOARDING MUTHA FUCKERS!!

Don't mention the war.

If Switzerland can win this... England can win the World Cup. Easy.

• really hate spain right now. messing up my fantasy team.

stop hitting speculative crosses, you idiots, you're clearly not going to hit any of your useless, midget strikers. also, iniesta, as good as he is, has been off the pace completely...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Nah, Spain are prestigious tournament chokers.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Quelle surprise!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Well, there's the first proper upset of the tournament.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Wow.

Yes that fusked by fantasy side, but that's not going to stop me enjoying it.

Chile to win the group.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    switzerland!