World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Damn Mexico played some great ball today. Completely dominated the midfield and put together some beautiful attacks. I like them to beat Uruguay. Aguirre knows what the fuck is up.

USA 2 Slovenia 1. Let's go.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Tournament wise, there's been a lot of over-hit passes & shots. Is it a marketing ploy, because I almost want to buy one of these new balls just to see how poor they are or aren't.

The world cup 'beach' ball debate is ended by the best player at the tournament:

So yesterday's football was brilliant.

Argentina look amazing - I'd completely forgotten they have teh next Maradona Mk II on the bench (Kun Aguerro), while Mk I showed his class setting up a goal as an immediate response to S.Korea nearly scoring. Is Higuain good, or could Harry Rednapp's granny put away those chances?

France, doe. Sidney Govou is shit. I don't play as a striker, but I do think I could do a better impression of a professional footballer than he can.
    Is it the pressure of filling Zidane's shoes that has made Riberry into such a greedy waster?
    Evra - was he injured, knackered, or couldn't give a toss? In the build-up to the penalty, the Mexican dude strolled past him so easily. Walcott would be wondering why he never had to play against that Evra.
    Danny Baker on the Beeb was talking about how Evra ripped off the armband at the final whistle... what about the substitutes all walking away from manager and hiding behind the goal - what kind of a message are they sending Domeneche? F*ck you, we'd rather see you drown than help? Or was it just childish pouting because they hadn't been called on earlier? Henry may be past it now, but anybody that has to sit on the bench while Govou plays would be gutted imo.

Nigeria vs Greece was also great, but what was that guy thinking kicking out like that? He hadn't even been goaded. Crazy. And shit, at 1-1, and down to ten men, Nigeria had a GOLDEN opportunity to score on the break.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Ballbag ref just fucked my fantasy side.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    serbia just scored against germany. end of first half, score 1 - 0. schiesse!

• DocMcCoy said:
    Ballbag ref just fucked my fantasy side.

Total ballbag. If he continues to be this strict there will certainly be another sending off. Apparantly he has shown 11 red cards in 17 La Liga fixtures.

I need Lahm to get a goal or an assist to salvage some fantasy points from this match.

Germany just missed a penalty..?

Hang on, I have to stop typing as I need to get a photo of these pigs flying in formation over the back garden.

It's making England's 1-1 result look quite competent.

• Really, this ref is a knob. There are challenges going in now that he was happily giving yellow cards in the first half. I'd be furious if I were German.

Bonus stat, Germany haven't missed a penalty in open play since 1974.

Does the Fantasy league we're all in not do automatic substitutions?

J.Cole didn't play, didn't get any points, but Dempsey did play, but sat on the bench! I should've had goal-scorer points from him.

EDIT: Grope, how do you spell Schaudenfrade?

Duderonomy said:
    Does the Fantasy league we're all in not do automatic substitutions?

J.Cole didn't play, didn't get any points, but Dempsey did play, but sat on the bench! I should've had goal-scorer points from him.

I still haven't figured out the point of selecting a squad that you're unable to rotate, nor of a transfer system that doesn't apply immediately, especially since it's a daily rather than weekly game. There's certainly no point in rotating squad members on the days they don't have a game if you're going to lose all the points they've accumulated - fine if you're transferring them out of your squad completely, but otherwise you're no better off than you would be if you picked the normal starting XI and subs.

That said, I'm doing a lot better at this one than I usually do at these things.

SLOVENIA!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Is this an alias of teh Duke?

OWNAGE!

2-0 to SLOVENIA!

WOOOOOOOT! BRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    2 nil to Slovenia just before 1/2 time.

Ha ha.

Donovans corners are fucking shocking.

Where's the Dukeofdelridge? I'd like to hear his expert analysis.

b/w

Teams that sit back and defend, then score on the counter-attack seem to be doing quite well. It's not pretty to watch, but gets results.

Well done to that clever chap at nike who decided to make the heel of their new boot bright fucking orange.

i count 1 pair of the new bright fucking yellow Adidas boots on the field, the rest is a blur of bright fucking orange nikes.

Looks like USA shot their bolt on Saturday night.

EDIT: Great goal by Donovan, though. Perhaps I spoke too soon.

• Hahahaha...!

Big up, Slovenia.

So why exactly couldn't England do this?

After all the trash-talking from Dukeofdelridge, I started a thread just for him in the announcements section, but he hasn't responded yet...

David James in goal tonight then.

Good thing?

Would prefer James or Hart to Green, when all the pre-tournament headlines were saying Capello had definitely decided on his number 1 keeper, I didn't think it would be Green.

USA is back, Donovans making up for the corners...

This is quite a good game.
    Will Slovenia start play acting their way to the final whistle, or go for another goal?

• Good goal from Donovan.

Duderonomy said:
    This is quite a good game.
    Will Slovenia start play acting their way to the final whistle, or go for another goal?

go for goal.

Atmosphere at the games has improved too - can hear the crowd over the vuvuzelas.

SAVE!

Bloomin' hell.

I hope England's game isn't this nervy.

I can see USA getting an equaliser soon.

yellow cards all over this bith

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I'll laugh so hard when they get eliminated from this cup.

GOAL USA!!!!!!!!