World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    North Korea didn't just roll over, though. Really good, solid, well-organised performance that only floundered due to the kind of trademark Brazilian magic that would have beaten any team. A good game.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Indeed. I enjoyed their goal also, even though it kinda fucked my fantasy team.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    North Korea played very well, great foot work. They definitely have a different style than other teams. Probably the most interesting game so far this World Cup 2010.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    north korean fans in the stadium
    :post_modern: :next_level:

North Korea enlists Chinese fans to cheer for them at World Cup

• North Korea really did win me over with their performance. They did great in limiting the amount of open shots Brazil was able to take, and they were persistent. I was praying they'd at least tie, but now I think that this performance will give them the confidence to do well in their remaining matches.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The first goal by Brazil was incredible. Dude was basically parallel with the goal when he kicked the ball and squeezed the ball b/w the korean goaltender.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    phongone said:
    The first goal by Brazil was incredible. Dude was basically parallel with the goal when he kicked the ball and squeezed the ball b/w the korean goaltender.

I reckon it was luck and he meant it as a cross. The second goal was pure quality though.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Okem said:
    phongone said:

I reckon it was luck and he meant it as a cross. The second goal was pure quality though.

I don't think Maicon's goal was an accidental cross.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Okem said:
    phongone said:

Luck? Please do not speak on football techniques again.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    almost a mirror image of that crazy one:

almost.

crazy

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    coffinjoe said:
    nzshadow said:
    If anyone feels like a laugh, New Zealand are about to play another country noone cares about.

New Zealand is playing in the football world cup...

what sick parellel world are we living in.

at least the team is called the 'All Whites...'

SMFH

if you are lucky you will get to see the 'All Whites' do the Haka.

Oh god.

decent game, cliffhanging ot kiwi goal
    was hoping our old championship star cappy nelson would do the honors
    but
    a danish maori will do just fine

the next match up today looks promising
    hope c reynaldo makes a big mistake

Greatest day in New Zealand football history so far. It is all over the news everywhere. I was up until 2am watching it. Massive achievement for us to draw a game at only our 2nd world cup in 28 years. I was watching it thinking a 0-1 loss is respectable & was just glad we hadn't disgraced ourselves. Then that last minute goal to equalize blew me away, it's seriously as if New Zealand won the whole tournament here. Amazing. Even if we now get slaughtered by Paraguay & Italy the whole thing will still be considered a success. The All Whites will probably win NZ Sportsteam of the year for this & Reid will probably win NZ sportsman of the year. Epic. Basically I am happy & anything after this is gravy for the All Whites in South Africa.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    catalist said:
    Okem said:
    phongone said:

I know all you Brazil fanboys will say he meant it, but it's highly debatable.

If you watch the video Maicon doesn't even look up to see the goalie off his line, he is concentrating purely on getting the cross/shot in before the ball goes out. And good as he is, he's no Roberto Carlos (a highly over rated player imho) when it comes to striking a ball.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    Okem said:
    catalist said:
    Okem said:
    phongone said:

I know all you Brazil fanboys will say he meant it, but it's highly debatable.

If you watch the video Maicon doesn't even look up to see the goalie off his line, he is concentrating purely on getting the cross/shot in before the ball goes out. And good as he is, he's no Roberto Carlos (a highly over rated player imho) when it comes to striking a ball.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yes, please let us not get carried away with the Brazilian "magic", the shot was blatantly a cross and should never have gone in if the keeper was properly marking his near post. This isn't 1982.

Best game of the WC so far though. I thought North Korea did themselves proud and their goal was the best executed move of the game. Brazil were solid nothing more and once again proved that these days they're a workmanlike side with a few flair players. Their defence looked pretty iffy, Kaka looked like he had a lot to prove and failed, Robinho was excellent as per normal when he's playing outside the British Isles. I mean, come on, Brazil won 2-1 against North Korea, pitiful.

Still yet to see a single team make a statement of intent (Germany would be closest to this but they only really did it once Australia were down to 10 men) so interested to see if Spain can step up this afternoon.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DOR said:

Love it!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Okem said:
    I reckon it was luck and he meant it as a cross.

I'm inclined to think he meant it simply because Clive Tyldesley didn't.

Junior said:
    Yes, please let us not get carried away with the Brazilian "magic", the shot was blatantly a cross and should never have gone in if the keeper was properly marking his near post. This isn't 1982.

Best game of the WC so far though. I thought North Korea did themselves proud and their goal was the best executed move of the game. Brazil were solid nothing more and once again proved that these days they're a workmanlike side with a few flair players. Their defence looked pretty iffy, Kaka looked like he had a lot to prove and failed, Robinho was excellent as per normal when he's playing outside the British Isles. I mean, come on, Brazil won 2-1 against North Korea, pitiful.

Still yet to see a single team make a statement of intent (Germany would be closest to this but they only really did it once Australia were down to 10 men) so interested to see if Spain can step up this afternoon.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a fanboy, but I'd nonetheless always be wary of treating the performances of group-stages Brazil as a reliable measure of their performances during the later stages. Let's not forget that the Brazil of these days has still appeared in three out of the last four finals and won the competition twice, and none of those sides were ever considered as good as the great sides of the 70s and 80s (who, incidentally, were much less successful). As usual, they're doing the bare minimum required to get out of the group. Come the next stage, you'll see a very different approach.

DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:

portugal / brasil 2008

Where's Jimster to evaluate the performances of Robinho & Elano?

I blame Hughes. Sh*t manager imo.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i thought on the replay it showed Maicon
    looking up,
    more at the NK keeper's fail on the near post
    and was trying to bang it in off of him

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    mickalphabet said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:

portugal / brasil 2008

That's crazy, you may have convinced me. But like others have said, it was also down to goal keeper mistake, so I'm going to stick with the Elano goal as the pick of the two.

Okem said:
    mickalphabet said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:

portugal / brasil 2008

That's crazy, you may have convinced me. But like other have said, it was also down to goal keeper mistake, so I'm going to stick with the Elano goal as the pick of the two.

no goalie would expect an inside shot though really, he can't be everywhere at once.

apparently he has scored 3 like that, mad skills.

Okem said:
    mickalphabet said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:

portugal / brasil 2008

That's crazy, you may have convinced me. But like other have said, it was also down to goal keeper mistake, so I'm going to stick with the Elano goal as the pick of the two.

no goalie would expect an inside shot though really, he can't be everywhere at once.

apparently he has scored 3 like that, mad skills.

DocMcCoy said:
    Junior said:

I am by no stretch of the imagination a fanboy, but I'd nonetheless always be wary of treating the performances of group-stages Brazil as a reliable measure of their performances during the later stages. Let's not forget that the Brazil of these days has still appeared in three out of the last four finals and won the competition twice, and none of those sides were ever considered as good as the great sides of the 70s and 80s (who, incidentally, were much less successful). As usual, they're doing the bare minimum required to get out of the group. Come the next stage, you'll see a very different approach.

Yeah I have no doubt that they'll make it to the later stages but don't see any indication from this line up that we're suddenly going to be shown a prettier or more dominant side of their game. They look very similar to the 2006 squad which ground out results until they met a well organised team with decent players who shut them out. It would be a brave or foolish man to ever write them off and they have a great centre to the team in the City rejects but I certainly didn't see anything there to scare me. I also think their back four look suspect and ripe for opening up by decent strikers.

Back to the Maicon goal, I'm still not convinced personally. While the goalkeeper should never be beaten at his near post anyway he actually left the line after Maicon went to shoot which would suggest the Brailian either processed this at an incredible speed or skewed his shot. Either way, a goal's a goal.

Junior said:
    Either way, England are shit and should've beaten USA

Still waiting for the draconian time-keeping to result in the ref disallowing a winning goal because he'd blown the whistle. Got to be the tv companies thinking every minute of football played is a minute of advertising space wasted.

Lies, England are awesome and going to win the world cup. Crouch for golden boot, Jamie C for first pick in Pele's WC eleven.

In other news, Chile look entertaining, will have to catch their other matches now. Torres on bench for Spain, hoping, praying, sacrificing small animals, that this is going to be an entertaining match otherwise I'm going to actually have to deal with my inbox before I head off on annual leave

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Well, this is the side I've been waiting to see, this game better not disappoint.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    chile's looking good
    the goal was meant why would he cry and it's maicon
    hate on brazil at your own peril