Where's the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors DIRTY SOUTH Thread?

2»

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    barjesus said:
    Virginia is most definitely the south, except Northern Virginia which is pretty yankee.

wrong. you on eastern time, beeitch.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:

Also: did he and Cham squash their beef? They gave each other pounds and performed together. I was shocked

i believe sometime last year they settled their issues. to the point, i believe they have performed a few songs together at a few shows. i would not be mad to see those guys work together again.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    jdeez said:
    barjesus said:
    Virginia is most definitely the south, except Northern Virginia which is pretty yankee.

wrong. you on eastern time, beeitch.

As much as I love Pimp C, that was one of dumbest things I've ever heard an entertainer say.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    jlee said:
    hogginthefogg said:

Also: did he and Cham squash their beef? They gave each other pounds and performed together. I was shocked

i believe sometime last year they settled their issues. to the point, i believe they have performed a few songs together at a few shows. i would not be mad to see those guys work together again.

They did a full show during SXSW...which was cool for all the heads in the house that night, but the performance was rather eh.

They'll never be as good as when they were releasing tracks on the internet pre-Get Ya Mind Correct.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    faux_rillz said:
    hogginthefogg said:
    I've been waiting all day to complain bitterly about Drake doing Pimp C's verse on "Get Throwed."

Jesus. Disgusting.

The idea that any one artist could singlehandedly kill hip-hop is pretty ridiculous but, having given the matter some thought, I think it can be legitimately argued that Drake has damaged it more than any other rapper in history. He's certainly done his best to castrate it.

See also "Asher Roth as Ludacris."

Although, unlike Drake, I don't think any black people actually listen to Asher Roth.

Dont let my high yellowness discount me. ;-P

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    jlee said:
    oh yeah....and everyone in Houston (bar Cham) got even fatter. less papadeaux's and more soup or salad for these dudes.

Also: did he and Cham squash their beef? :pasue: They gave each other pounds :pasue: and performed together :pasue: . I was shocked.

:oh_my:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Bun B needs to quit cosigning garbage...

See what I'm saying...

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    While expectations were decidedly low, the 2 Live performance was a sad state of affairs. You'd think they could at least get instrumentals. Shit was weak, though I was relieved when they didn't actually perform "Banned In The USA," choosing instead to let Luke talk shit over the track. And yeah, was there even a Memphis segment? Not including Triple 6 (I can't really see them declining to appear) is kind of an aberration. Ditto for Ball & G.

All told, fairly grim.
    Why did they hold this in NYC again?
    And when did Lil Romeo get all diesel?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Fresh Kid Ice looks seriously unhealthy. Is he sick or something?

• My biggest complaint was it was held in NYC and not in the south somewhere. The crowd was fucking horrible.

• Haha