Guide to the New Strut

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    weird, I tried searching for record stores in SF and it came up with no listings. I ended up adding one for Groove Merchant and now I searched again and I see multiple Groove Merchants. I feel silly.

Is there a way to make one entry per map location? Then just have people add on to the original? Mine could just be added as a comment on the previous entries.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    weird, I tried searching for record stores in SF and it came up with no listings. I ended up adding one for Groove Merchant and now I searched again and I see multiple Groove Merchants. I feel silly.

Is there a way to make one entry per map location? Then just have people add on to the original? Mine could just be added as a comment on the previous entries.

I fixed the filtering fields on the City Guide page. I will also be putting a live search on the submission and city guide page to deter dupes.

Can you add your review to the bottom of sheep's then close your review.

To close your review, just click the edit box and change the status from open to closed.

Danka.

-- RAJ

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    done. Thanks Raj.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    When I click on my "premium user" avatar it goes here:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/65052/{path=products/advertise}

"Invalid URI"

mylatency said:
    When I click on my "premium user" avatar it goes here:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/65052/{path=products/advertise}

"Invalid URI"

Fixed. Thanks!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hi there - How to delete a post please?

bassie said:
    Hi there - How to delete a post please?
    Attached files

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thanks - that's what I thought, but when I put my cursor on the X, the heart icon takes over and 'Subscribe to this thread' is all I can access.

Here's some lame shit. Only moderators can delete posts. Drop me a PM of the one you want deleted.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    World cup thread. Posts don't seem to be working for me.

This is weird

DOR said:
    World cup thread. Posts don't seem to be working for me.

The server went down and the time got all messed up. Seems to be fixed now?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah fixed.

Guess those posts I made didn't make it.

No worries. Thx Raj

• Raj do you have any idea why i seem to get a red X about 80 percent of the time a youtube video is posted on here? I'm on Explorer 8. Thanks

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    Raj do you have any idea why i seem to get a red X about 80 percent of the time a youtube video is posted on here? I'm on Explorer 8. Thanks

Yeah, I was just going to post the same question - I'm still getting a red x for some if not most of the youtube clips posted - in fact, in the NBA thread, I got a red x when MyLatency posted a clip, and then someone quoted him and I could see the clip ... ???

SoulOnIce said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    Raj do you have any idea why i seem to get a red X about 80 percent of the time a youtube video is posted on here? I'm on Explorer 8. Thanks

Yeah, I was just going to post the same question - I'm still getting a red x for some if not most of the youtube clips posted - in fact, in the NBA thread, I got a red x when MyLatency posted a clip, and then someone quoted him and I could see the clip ... ???

I have done some e-investigating and this seems to be a problem with youtube's player and embedding in IE. I tested the Westcoast bounce thread in IE 8 and some youtubes show/some don't. There doesn't seem to be any solution other than join the Firefox/Google Chrome/Safari family

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, but how about more categories for the City Guide? A few that seemed to come up in travel-strut threads:

live music venues
    book stores
    movie theaters
    restaurants (maybe even sub-categories for diners, vegetarian-friendly, etc?)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Unlock the Drake!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Sorry if this is a repost, but just wanted to point out that when you click on the search box, the word "search" should dissapear so that you can type in your search term and it doesn't.

Get on this ASAP. Thanks.

sabadabada said:

Get on this ASAP. Thanks.

It's fixed.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Raj,

Is it possible to bring back the feature where you click on a thread and it automatically takes you to the newest posts? This is a pain not to have with some of the longer threads, especially if they go beyond 5 pages.

Thanks

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Raj,

Is it possible to bring back the feature where you click on a thread and it automatically takes you to the newest posts? This is a pain not to have with some of the longer threads, especially if they go beyond 5 pages.

Thanks

That feature is here - click on the little arrow after 'last reply time'

where's that located?

never mind found it. thanks!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Who else would like the "Location: [whatever]" back under the avatars?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Did the avatar issue get resolved? I'd love to contribute more, but Sheeps makes it so I can't surf the site during the workday.

-pj

pj4533 said:
    Did the avatar issue get resolved? I'd love to contribute more, but Sheeps makes it so I can't surf the site during the workday.

-pj

Yes. If you change your theme to Desert (scroll down below) and turn off avatars in your prefs. Avatars will not show up.

-- RAJ

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Who else would like the "Location: [whatever]" back under the avatars?

hear hear!

• Love the new site. Used to come on here daily, but havent been on in awhile. Thx Raj

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Currently, embedding youtube clips or other video effs up the page layout, on pc's, not on macs. Makes it very annoying to read the threads? Can this be fixed?