Guide to the New Strut

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
All documentation can be found here:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/guide/

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    amazing site! loving it RAJ!

i don't understand the Premium Strutter structure though. are you saying anyone who posts to classifieds gets those privileges as long as they contribute financially to the site? or are you just explaining to the unaware that you cannot post in classifieds without paying the rate?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    behemoth said:
    amazing site! loving it RAJ!

i don't understand the Premium Strutter structure though. are you saying anyone who posts to classifieds gets those privileges as long as they contribute financially to the site? or are you just explaining to the unaware that you cannot post in classifieds without paying the rate?

Anyone who pays for a subscription (which right now only gets you posting rights to the Classifieds) are considered a Premium Member.

Whatever their membership privileges (like being able to post to the blog) were before you purchased the subscription will stand. Make any sense?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    no but probably only because i had no rights to post to the blog beforehand so i don't know what it consists of...

where are the membership rates? in the FAQ? i missed it probably....

behemoth said:

where are the membership rates? in the FAQ? i missed it probably....

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/products/advertise/

and if you want Blog access , lemme know.

• The new site looks incredible Raj, congratulations. :ahhh:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The new site looks great RAJ!!!! Good work.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Well done RAJ! The new strut looks great.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Having an entirely separate forum for the classifieds seems like a surefire way to push the page views even lower than they've already sunk.

noz said:
    Having an entirely separate forum for the classifieds seems like a surefire way to push the page views even lower than they've already sunk.

I'm banking on people going to other parts of the site now that it is all cohesive.

For those that are stuck in the forums mentality, there is a handy classifieds side bar for the latest entries.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Looks great and so far the functionality is top notch. Are animated avatars a thing of the past? [del]Strikethrough is a plus though.[/del]

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Are animated avatars a thing of the past? [del]Strikethrough is a plus though.[/del]

No linking to another host on avatars?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Sexy site. I really like the subscribe to thread features.
    Kinda bummed that i seem to have lost 150 post counts though ?
    I lost a whole bunch in the last great thread crash. Seems im stuck on being under 1000.
    Oh and no gifs yet ?

• JehovWetJehovWet 40 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    Kinda bummed that i seem to have lost 150 post counts though?

A lot of user's post counts are going to be lower because the News, Haiti, Heatrocks, and deleted threads didn't come over to the new site. Not counting deleted thread posts is probably the biggest hit to post counts.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Wow...slick indeed. Will definitely take some getting used to...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    raj, when i p ull down the profile menu, it unfolds behind the banner ad...effectively blocking the options.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj,

You guys did an excellent job on the new site!!! The only problem is I'm having a bit of an "inferiority complex" as a mere "Basic Strutter" :-). I'm old-school up in this piece!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

tripledouble said:
    raj, when i p ull down the profile menu, it unfolds behind the banner ad...effectively blocking the options.

What browser you on?

• minimini 879 Posts
    I??ve posted almost 500 times but my post count says 317. I lost almost 100 on the crash and now again :shitty:

Otherwise lookin great.

• TET :necessary:

flatblackplastic said:
    TET :necessary:

Whattup Jay! Been awhile since the days of AOL and cooking sunscreen in the back.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    looks good Raj, oh and my options go behind the banner also, I'm on chrome 5.0 beta

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    chase crusher said:
    looks good Raj, oh and my options go behind the banner also, I'm on chrome 5.0 beta

Me too, Raj.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    mini said:
    I??ve posted 400 times but my post count says 317. This is the second time already. After the crash I also lost almost 100. :shitty:
    (So I have actually posted almost 500 times)
    Otherwise lookin great.

I think I just lost a couple of thousand lol

Not sure yet if thats a bad thing or good to be honest hahaha.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Site looks fantastic RAJ! Real clean and well organized with just the right amount of social networking and user generated content options.

It's been said before, but I just gotta cosine the respect for the effort put into this by someone with a real world job, family and life.

Word,

Ivan aka Forty Fivan formerly aka DJ Ferrari

PS - Thanks for letting me change my username too!

• joostjoost 46 Posts
    :feelin_it:

thanks. will post about the update on solesides.com too.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    looks great!
    lost about 100 posts too though

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    I noticed that i lost over 150 posts and my user name went back to the original one i created in 2004, did that happen to everyone?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the post count thing must come from the previous crash
    AMAZING! new site
    everything is more focused...the city guide is the illest

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Looks great...appropriate for 2010.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    job well done man. love the fact that it's going to be a more user generated site. can't wait to contribute!