Pics of Your Now Setup

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    SteadyMurphy said:
    shitty cell phone pic sans records

How do you like that Otari? I've been thinking about copping one.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    My spot is not clean. It's dusty, smokey, messy and it's just how I like it. It's my "Beautiful Mess".

Now, this is just 2 small record walls in my "Office" on our first floor.

• day said:
    SteadyMurphy said:
    shitty cell phone pic sans records

How do you like that Otari? I've been thinking about copping one.
    The otari is pretty nice for being 1/4". warm sound, adequate saturation and low noise floor. its probably callobration issues, but every now and then the wow and flutter is so obnoxiously appearent i have to re-track, mostly though, prefectly smooth. nice machine, but i would recommend something with at least 1/2" tape if you got the cash.

• Dude, Breez......

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    SteadyMurphy said:
    Dude, Breez......

Breez is going to be on the next episode of Hoarders.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    the_dL said:

this pic is my fave so far because of the little truck.

im overdue to take fresh pix of my cave, will post asap.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    billbradley said:
    SteadyMurphy said:
    Dude, Breez......

Breez is going to be on the next episode of Hoarders.

LOL!!! That's just my part of the basement. The wife would kick my ass if the rest of the house looked like that.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    karlophone said:

im overdue to take fresh pix of my cave, will post asap.

prepare for minds to be blown

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Lumin, how do you like the Voyager OS? I'm thinking I should have got one instead of my Anniversary Edition because I never save patches and hardly use MIDI but shit was kinda cheap so..

I'm currently selling a bunch of stuff and REWIRING DA LAB so no pictures. Thinking about going from this:

Alesis Andromeda
    Moog Voyager
    Virus TI
    Korg M3-M
    TR-909
    Elektron Machinedrum

to

Alesis Andromeda
    Moog Voyager
    TR-909
    Maschine
    Ableton

I'll probably still end up doing nothing with all my equipment but have less money tied up in shit I don't use..

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The recreation center is a mess, but I'm actually in the middle of moving it, so i thought i'd shoot some before and after pictures.

BEFORE:

should have the after photos by thursday

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    if my place wasnt this messy i would post up aswell, i have my studio in me and my girls apartment. and tom, what is your turntable standing on? looks like some antivibration science?

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    duct tape rolls with rubberbands?

• Breez, your record pics- Fifty Foot Hose, cool. I was talking to Electrode a couple weeks ago about that Wonderland Orchestra/Jeff Wayne 'Planet Of The Apes' record above it. I need to make more of an effort to look for that.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    The recreation center is a mess, but I'm actually in the middle of moving it, so i thought i'd shoot some before and after pictures.

BEFORE:

should have the after photos by thursday
    AFTER:

now i have to wire everything . :ewf:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    highscheme said:
    that's a big 10-4 there, buddy.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    karlophone said:
    the_dL said:

this pic is my fave so far because of the little truck.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Possum Tom said:

AFTER:

now i have to wire everything . :ewf:

the reorg turned out swell, sir! i have been searching for a deal on a juno for the last year.. with no luck.

did the records get the beautification treatment as well?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    gloom said:
    the reorg turned out swell, sir! i have been searching for a deal on a juno for the last year.. with no luck.

did the records get the beautification treatment as well?

lately ive been using the juno as a midi. the feel is much nicer than any on those newfangled crap keyboards, and I got a huge bundle of reason instruments that sound great.

the records are going to have to live somewhere else for now, but they're definitely going to get a custom shelving treatment soon. I will miss those old milk crates for their modularity, but they just arent cutting it for my aesthetic upgrade

Possum Tom said:
    highscheme said:
    that's a big 10-4 there, buddy.

nice you got a real clean setup

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    F*ck this place. Everyone finds better records than me, has doper setups than me, and are way cleaner (except for two of you). I don't find good records, my setup is a crate and a turntable, and I'm apparently a slob. I hate all of you.

Nice places though.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    F*ck this place. Everyone finds better records than me, has doper setups than me, and are way cleaner (except for two of you). I don't find good records, my setup is a crate and a turntable, and I'm apparently a slob. I hate all of you.

I hear you. I wish I could keep my shit clean but I just buy waaaaaay more records than I should and when I'm down there the last thing I'm thinking about is cleaning. Fuck what it looks like, the music that comes out of it is all that matters.

P.S. Yall kats do have some very ill set-ups though.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Studio Pron (NOT mine):

I want to see some finished flicks of Day's new lab.

Why arent you guys posting more beats???

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    heres the underground karlophone lair as of 2 days ago. I figure ive maxed out the space i have, so theres no excuse anymore to stop adding stuff and start getting my next album finished...right?

some years ago, my book library upstairs got overloaded so i moved all the juvenile/sci-fi/fantasy/childrens/weirdo books downstairs to this area. its a nice colorful break from the endless rows of records.

the "new arrivals" section (hi age, see the records you just sent me?)

all the "wall records" are just empty covers or the record was cracked or thrashed. i dont have room for a "real" wall of fame, and anyway i like to file and play the "good ones", not put them up.

might as well include the comic book section (theres a lot more but endless white boxes are not exciting).
    the skateboards are a small selection out of a huge pile that mostly lives in the garage now.

as for that there comic... :real_headz:

• sick looking collection/setup... did you collect horror comix?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Karlophone FTW!

love that setup--it looks like a damn radio station.

what are all those colored tabs in the shelves. artist letters?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

So many goddamn records!

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    My very humble setup:

classy setup facesd

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    where is the facemelt when you need it.?.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    karlophone said:

this picture is my favorite because of the toaster oven.