Pics of Your Now Setup

13»

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    what are all those colored tabs in the shelves. artist letters?

i started marking them with a note like that when i heard something good, to come back to later and sample. then i realized after i captured the sample id rather keep the note attached, so id add a little checkmark. theres no real good reason why. it comes in handy sometimes though - "oh, heres where that one thing is" etc. as many as 1/3 or 1/2 of the noted records you see haven't been sampled (by me) yet, an unfortunate relic of the time when i was marking them but not staying on top of actually sampling them. now i listen, capture anything i may find, and mark it, before it gets filed. OCD i guess!!!

did you collect horror comix?

among many other types yeah. im a big fan of the "atomic age" stuff, horror sci fi and fantasy in the 1947-1960 range. also i got a ton of marvels and dcs from golden age to modern, and all sorts of indie/postmodern stuff. i still pick up a few books now and then, new and old.

haha as for the toaster oven...well, that little shelf represents the last remaining "practical" storage in the whole place. when i run out of upper shelving for 45 boxes, thats where im annexing next.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Karl, do i see tech deck ramps lol I got the records too btw, thanks heaps man.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Karlophone that is off the hook.
    This is my current hub, i need to sort my records out again and hook everything up properly but there you have it.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Very impressive collections! Karlophone, that seriously does look like a radio station. Some of you are so organized, which I appreciate, as organizing things is a hobby of mine.
    My own collection is alphabetized, but it's pretty small. Plus, I never go out and buy records. I just have what I have. Maybe one day I'll start building it up again.
    Do any of y'all ever feel like you're hoarding?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Almond said:

I have a tendency to hoard stuff so I'm pretty regimental about getting rid of stuff from my collection, I'm always consigning stuff locally/setting up at fairs just to keep things tidy at home.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Almond said:

Have you seen my pics?!! LOL!! IMO, collecting is hoarding. I know I have a problem, fuck it.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    karlophone said:

damn.. dude .. i really hope u never have to move brother.....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Breez said:
    billbradley said:
    SteadyMurphy said:
    Dude, Breez......

Breez is going to be on the next episode of Hoarders.

LOL!!! That's just my part of the basement. The wife would kick my ass if the rest of the house looked like that.

Hey Breez are you like me...whenever I clean up my cave I cant find anything...when i got shit all messed up, somehow I know where everything is.... :-)

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    LokoOne said:
    Breez said:
    billbradley said:
    SteadyMurphy said:
    Dude, Breez......

Breez is going to be on the next episode of Hoarders.

LOL!!! That's just my part of the basement. The wife would kick my ass if the rest of the house looked like that.

Hey Breez are you like me...whenever I clean up my cave I cant find anything...when i got shit all messed up, somehow I know where everything is.... :-)

Exact-a-mundo homber!!! What looks like a mess to everyone else is actually very organized confusion. That mess that yall seen in my pics is actually me in the midst of shelving everything. And when I shelve my stuff I do it alphabetically with no genres. So, Pink Floyd will be next to Patto, Pointer Sisters, etc. The only things that I do separate is soundtracks and I keep spoken word, childrens records, anything with alot of dialog, together in one spot so I can use them for my mixes.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    This is my setup as of today.. about to put a Brazilian mix together, hence the records out on the floor there... I did some minor 'placement' of a couple records I like in the shelf but didn't want to go overboard.

Some killer setups you guys have!! Karlophone.. that is the definition of a record library.