Pics of Your Now Setup

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
It's been a while since we've done one of these, and since the Strut's got a new look I figured it was time for a new thread. Plus I recently upgraded my setup and saw this as a good opportunity to nerd out. Been using milk crates and slabs of ply wood for about 8 years now and finally got around to getting a custom turntable booth built by a friend. Couldn't be happier with it.

I know I'm not the only one who loves looking at pics of people's setups, records, and whatever other eye candy you got. Go!

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Ooh... I can show off my new SF balleur penthouse setup :cheese:

Records in the library

Setup in the solarium

Fun on the roof deck

The only problem with having my setup in the solarium is I can only work at night!

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    whoa, nice pad. you looks like you would have no problem finding money for an airconditioner, a freezer and some drank in order to work during daytime.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    FortyFivan said:

The only problem with having my setup in the solarium is I can only work at night!

Nice pad - I was going to say - isn't that hot in there?

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    for real. i wanna live there. verocai o.g. sneakin up in the recordroom and shit. sunproof film (or whatever its called in english, the ones used on car windows) for the top windows could be a good idea?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    is this in San Francisco?

• maru said:
    whatever other signs of dementia you got.

...longtime collaborator, perpetrator, and all around maniac, my boy dj skitlz in denver

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    pff, this is from my old place - nothing new really under the sun

[expedit to the back]

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Murdock said:
    is this in San Francisco?

Yup... top of Nob Hill.

So I was thinking of some kind of rolling or sliding shade for the windows just above the desk. I gotta get some plants in there too. The temperature control in that room is pretty tough for sure. I have a space heater under the desk that works great when it's cold in there, but when it's hot... it's hot! I do my Bikram yoga in there so it's not all a total loss! It may look cool, but it's the least practical studio setup on the planet

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    Maru that's a cool turntable/record shelf. Love the color.

Why did you do double vertical slats in those 2 spots?

• just re-arranged setup and the best part of it is that i can slide/swivel in my chair and access all my shit...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Since moving into our house back in Fall 2008, I had to wait to fill other "essential" rooms before getting to my music room/studio. Finally, I finished setting it up in March 2010, and here are some cell phone pics of "Stacks's Laboratories":

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    highscheme said:
    Maru that's a cool turntable/record shelf. Love the color.

Why did you do double vertical slats in those 2 spots?

My friend built it in three pieces so that I could un-assemble and re-assemble as necessary. I think it looks kind of cool but another person actually asked me about that too.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    Yeah it actually does look cool, I just thought it might be tougher to clean if it didn't come apart like that.

Once I get in a more permanent living situation I'm definitely going to build something custom.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    This thread needs some record pron. Barely any vinyl being displayed.
    I'll try to post something when I get my camera...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    ost said:
    This thread needs some record pron. Barely any vinyl being displayed.
    I'll try to post something when I get my camera...

Hey Ost,

Sorry about that man, but I'm not really the "show-off the vinyls" type. :real_headz: I tend toward modesty. In future pics, I'll display some jawns.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah, I feel the same way. What I meant was more specifically people's record walls, expedits, storage setup, etc..

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    i realize i need to take some new pics, so i'll try to get some done tonight

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    BOOM

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    jammy said:
    BOOM

whoa

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I've had a bit of a clean out of some things, rearranged & moved some LPs downstairs
    CDs + 45s

LPs

LPs cont

LPs & CDs at the top of the stair

downstairs 1210s & CDs

downstairs LPs

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

these were taken not too long ago

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

This room was added onto the house by a previous owner. Originally it was a outside covered patio area. They framed it in, added some small windows and a sliding glass door, and ran A/C to it. This picture is from about 6 months ago with random records pulled out of the bins. What you don't see here in the other half of the room is 20 boxes of records that need to be filed, and a second matching desk and computer.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

• rookrook 357 Posts

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    coldcuts said:

nice!

some pics, excuse the mess

• shitty cell phone pic sans records

• kemskems 120 Posts
    I see coldcut has the same stand for his sp1200 as my boy lumin has for his mpc 60. Those things are nice.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    billbradley said:

random records pulled out of the bins.
    :NO: :off_the_wall: ;)

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    BigSpliff said:

:NO: :off_the_wall: ;)

OK, I didn't "randomly" pull a record from each bin. I should have typed "various" records from my bins.

• the_dL said:

Where are those box from that your 45s are in?