Guide to the New Strut

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    pj4533 said:
    I am diggin the new design, Raj.

I havn't tried it on any mobile devices yet though. Did you scale it down for them or is it the same? Interested to see how it looks on iPhone/iPad.

Also, I forget the graemlins...helped to have a list. I am sure you kept it here someplace, but I can't seem to find it...

-pj

It IS iPad friendly.

This summer I'm going to make the site iPhone friendly as well... but still need to work out kinks here before I go into that world of insanity,

hammertime said:
    RAJ said:
    hammertime said:
    So when you post something in the "classifieds" is there a way to reply to it or bump it? Or it's just a one-shot thing now?

Once you edit a listing, it bumps.

OK well I did that and it didn't budge...maybe there are just that many stickies??

Anyway overall I love the new look, well done and thanks for all the hard work!

Fixed it. Thanks!

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    digging the new site...looks great!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i don't see needing classifieds, is there a way I can throw in some cash to get a little av-banner anyways? a different designation like "boutique poaster" or something? or just pay for ads and not use them...

i've come to really appreciate this place, it's the only site that runs the e-Nets like it used to be...

dukeofdelridge said:
    i don't see needing classifieds, is there a way I can throw in some cash to get a little av-banner anyways? a different designation like "boutique poaster" or something? or just pay for ads and not use them...

i've come to really appreciate this place, it's the only site that runs the e-Nets like it used to be...

Thanks.

You can always just pay for a subscription and not use anything

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i'm ted danson in CYE, wanting my anonymous donation to be made public lolol

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Hey Raj,

Is the "desert theme" something we can bring back as a custom option?

• NateBizzo said:
    Hey Raj,

Is the "desert theme" something we can bring back as a custom option?

Yes. But it will be an adapted version seeing I'm not on UBB Threads any more.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I don't know if it's a glitch or if I'm cool enough to access it now, but I can go to the Real Heads Know the Deal forum...

I hope it's a glitch ;)

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the site is beautiful raj. as a long lost web desiginer, i can only image the complexity behind this monster. i have not had any major issues as of yet (and i can see Real Headz just fine), and the thing somehow loads pretty clean in IE6 at work!?!?

again.. CONGRATS and THANK YOU.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    RAJ said:
    The jump to the latest reply feature is working now.

Not for me. Am I doing something wrong?

hogginthefogg said:
    RAJ said:
    The jump to the latest reply feature is working now.

Not for me. Am I doing something wrong?

you have to click on the little arrow thingy.

Attached files

• One issue I have is that I don???t seem to be able to disable avatars despite me unchecking the radio button in the options. Is it possible to get this fixed as, as delightful as they are, Sheep???s boobies are not an ideal image to pop up on the screen in my open office.

Site looks great, well done RAJ! I'm having the same problem however, unable to disable avatars. Any ideas? Thanks.

HankScorpio said:

One issue I have is that I don???t seem to be able to disable avatars despite me unchecking the radio button in the options. Is it possible to get this fixed as, as delightful as they are, Sheep???s boobies are not an ideal image to pop up on the screen in my open office.

Site looks great, well done RAJ! I'm having the same problem however, unable to disable avatars. Any ideas? Thanks.

This will be fixed in a little bit. I'm also going to abandon the avatars on the post view page to speed up things.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just wanna say the search feature is on point. 100X better.

Thanks for all the hard work raj

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Site looks great, R*c*. This will definitely take some getting used to, but I'm feeling it.

Is there a way to see who's quoting who in the threads or am I missing something?

day said:

Is there a way to see who's quoting who in the threads or am I missing something?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    RAJ said:
    day said:

Yeah. Show's who you are quoting. Maybe Day mean who you are replying to?

On the old board you could easily follow who was talking to who because it told you who one person was replying to. Unless quoting is used, you have no idea.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Okay this is going to take getting used to but I like it.

thanks for all the work you put into this, raj!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Thanks again for putting in the work Raj, I know it must have been a beast. One thing I miss is being able to jump to the first unread reply in a thread, not just the most recent reply. Am I missing something or is there a way to get that functionality back?

asstro said:
    Thanks again for putting in the work Raj, I know it must have been a beast. One thing I miss is being able to jump to the first unread reply in a thread, not just the most recent reply. Am I missing something or is there a way to get that functionality back?

Yeah... I don't think this board has that functionality. Again.. there are trade offs.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    sorry if this was covered already, but my post count was reset to 0

i see everyone else still has their old post counts

any way to get my numbers back (i.e. my only claim to credibility ) ?

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    leisurebandit said:
    sorry if this was covered already, but my post count was reset to 0

i see everyone else still has their old post counts

any way to get my numbers back (i.e. my only claim to credibility ) ?

oh shit never mind- i'm a dumbass

still getting my bearings

thanks Rajy Mahal!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    RAJ said:
    day said:

I was looking at posts from the old board and they weren't in there. Maybe I should start reading new one's... :grin:

Just to let everyone know... I'm working on two "themes" at the moment. One is Minimal (no avatars, no nothing, really.... ideal for folls on iPhones or those who HATE my sexy graphics) and of course DESERT.... The problem with Desert is I have to restyle everything for this new board software. So it will be my interpretation.

Also... I will be doing something this weekend that will shave a couple seconds load time from the page loads here... so hang on in there.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Just to let everyone know... I'm working on two "themes" at the moment. One is Minimal (no avatars, no nothing, really.... ideal for folls on iPhones or those who HATE my sexy graphics) and of course DESERT.... The problem with Desert is I have to restyle everything for this new board software. So it will be my interpretation.

Also... I will be doing something this weekend that will shave a couple seconds load time from the page loads here... so hang on in there.

Hey Raj,

Mike James Kirkland would be proud :real_headz: .

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Flomotion said:
    The beautiful new site is pretty slow for me over here in London. 10-15 second page transitions, 10 seconds for links to be be clickable. Any other UK folks getting this or just me?

The forums are the biggest culprit... the rest of the site is not so bad. I'm working on optimizing things so pages will load faster... including a barebones forum skin that you can choose...

Much, much quicker now. Even taking into account that most US Strutters aren't online yet it's still ten times faster. Good work.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Hey Raj, Site looks nice and clean and thanks for the work. One question: Has something changed in the procdures to embed the youtubes? i have many funny videos of cats doing really funny things that i'm just dying to share with the rest of the strutter community as soon as possible.

mrmatthew said:
    One question: Has something changed in the procdures to embed the youtubes? i have many funny videos of cats doing really funny things that i'm just dying to share with the rest of the strutter community as soon as possible.

No. Same old embed video code:

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I probably just can't see the forest for the trees, but where is the "delete post" function hidden?

I made a double post the other day and couldn't figure out how to delete #2.
    Fortunately some moderator must have done it later, but it would be nice to know how to do it myself.