Iron Man 2.

2»

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

The cat who played Justin Hammer almost stole the show.

Agree. He was great.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I also dug IM2 except the part where Iron Man Starks creates a new element in the span of three hours using a map of an amusement park.

I kinda got misty-eyed seeing DJ Adam Goldstein in that flick. RIP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I also dug IM2 except the part where Iron Man Starks creates a new element in the span of three hours using a map of an amusement park.

I wouldnt say it was three hours, but I didnt really get this shit.

SPOILERS>......................

So the park was his father's futuristic Energy formula hidden for his son to decipher?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Sam Rockwell is one of the most under rated actors in the biz IMO.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I love Marvel comics, when I was a kid we would endlessly talk about movie versions of comics. We would dream about how amazing they would be. Talk about who would we cast as Psylocke, or Deadpool so on and so forth.

Then finally our dreams came true, and we got Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Wolverine, Xmen, Spiderman 1-3, Ghostrider, Hulk - Bana, Elektra. All those movies suck on so many levels. Almost every Marvel comic movie to me has felt as interesting as dog shit on the sidewalk.

Iron man came out, and it wasn't too bad, but still not great. So I wasn't too into watching part 2, but my girlfriend dragged me. I guess I'm just not a big fan of paper thin blockbuster superhero movies, that heavily rely on Celebrity and CG to cover up shitty writing. Ignoring the strong mythology laid by the original creators of the characters.

There was 2 visual scenes I liked in this flick. The initial jump from the plane to the Stark Expo, and the Iron Man/War Machine droid fight. I didn't like the soundtrack to this one, not into AC/DC.

I do like Robert Downey Jr. entertaining dude. Really didn't like Scarlett in this at all in hindsight, they probably should have casted someone who could act. Really enjoyed Gwenyth in the Pepper role, but thought the romance felt very forced.

Didn't like Cheadle as Warmachine, was he not having any fun? He looked as uncomfortable being in this movie as I felt watching him in it. Did like Rockwell a lot, he definitely made the movie bearable. Mickey rourke on the other hand bleh, I've seen better acting by high school students.

The story was overall amusing at parts but instantly forgettable. Just felt like a filler comic in between series, nothing groundbreaking.

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- d

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    ohh shit, this is what i watched last night?

someone copped a $1 bootleg of this yesterday and brought it over and i thought it was the first joint.

i need to not watch movies high.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    What did you comic book geeks think of Kick Ass?
    After realizing i was really watching a dark comedy i could fully appreciate it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    After realizing i was really watching a dark comedy i could fully appreciate it.

Kick Ass was pretty entertaining, well done.

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts

Yeah, he was brillant in Heist.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Anyone who is interested, should check him out in Moon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Very rarely is there a decent flick where there is almost only one actor in the whole damn film.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

Anyone who is interested, should check him out in Moon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Very rarely is there a decent flick where there is almost only one actor in the whole damn film.

Really liked Moon. I had no idea what was going on when the second guy came on the scene but it all worked out.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    just saw it in imax..feeling it..scarlett was not as awful as i thought
    i liked the basis of the plot
    cheadle was good as a sraight man and not as uncomfortable as i thought when i saw the trailer7.8/10

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm not getting the hatt on this, especially from people who enjoyed the first.

Saw it today in a day-off afternoon IMAX screening, had a blast.

Scarlett is a pretty terrible actress but she looked hot and
    I have held-over puberty lust for Black Widow, the bill was filled.

I have held-over puberty lust for Black Widow

Hells to the jeah. Dude that was serious highlight.

and lets not even get into Frank Miller's short hair cut/Grey outfit version.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Saw this last. I enjoyed it, but liked the first one better. My wife said to me today "that part in the commercial wasn't even in the movie." she was talking about that part where Pepper throws Tony's helmet out of the plane and he says " you complete me." it's weird how they use a clip to promote a movie and it's not even in the final cut of the film.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Thought it was enjoyable for what it was. A RDJ fuel Action Flick with some flaws.
    I do like RDJ in almost everything hes in though. Might be biased on this.

Oh yeah did anyone else feel like the showdown was basicaly a real long ad for a multiplayer online shooter?

Oh yeah did anyone else feel like the showdown was basicaly a real long ad for a multiplayer online shooter?

Some of these games are better than movies.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Kick Ass was pretty entertaining, well done.

I liked it, but it was kinda weird how it tried to both satirize stereotypical over the top comic book flicks while embracing it as well. I understand why they made the changes from the comic, but think the change in Big Daddy's character neutered what made Hit Girl work for me in the first place. (The "the idea of kid sidekicks is screwed up" vibe is still there, but a better payoff in the comic.)

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Apparently Genndy Tartakovsky did a lot of the story-boarding for the action scenes. I definitely got a strong Powerpuff Girls/Samurai Jack feeling from it.

I thought Iron Man 2 was enjoyable enough. From all the bellyaching on-line I had low expectations but I went and saw it on a giant screen with the sound turned way up and I had a pretty good time. I'm sure it could have had more humor, violence and sexy assassins but on the other hand it didn't do anything to annoy me.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I just IM2 again with the whole fam last week and found that I enjoyed just as much the 2nd time around and now think that it was as good as the first one.