SS10: NEED FORUM FEEDBACK

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I'm curious about how you feel about the current forum structure.Are all of you still happy with how the forums are currently set up ? with CDR being the pulse for everything or should I break it down into sub forums? like General talk, Record Talk, Strut Moms... etc.Any suggestions for New forums?

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I like that record tawk is mixed in w/ the general.

I think its all kinda interconnected.

Too much breakdown seems kinda forced....IMO.

Cat Piss and Moog discussion is alright w/ me.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Break it down and most of them will get chirps and tumbleweeds. It's best when it's all together. Too much of one thing is no good, plus having it all mixed makes you end up reading about stuff you normally wouldn't.

• I'm with Fox & Controller

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    I'm with Fox & Controller
    +1

I never go to Music You All.

Shouldnt that just be part of dudes blogs?

Or one should be a smorgasboard of dudes stuff and then u have all the blogs in a different area?

Im a fan of the different visual skins/themes.

Like a rock the Desert Look for Lucious.

BATMON checks thru the old Jungle look. Purple green and shit.

Will that be an option?
    Its not essential, but I like to play dress up and shit.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I embrace the chaos, and prefer the one-stop shopping of CDR. Even if you tried to sub-divide, one forum would emerge as the alpha anyhow. I think that's just the way it tends to work.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Leave the forum structure the same. These discussions don't need genre tags any more than your record collection does. Straight A to Z.

Oh, and dead multiple identities. Hampers community.

Oh, and dead multiple identities. Hampers community.

Bullshieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Maybe no sub forum area is needed. I'm starting to really like the stuff on the new strut.

What about an alias part to profiles. Too many times I read a strutters comments whose name has changed for whatever reason and I have no idea who the hell I'm reading anymore haha

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    bring back thread star ratings!! (but eliminate anonymous voting)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    bring back thread star ratings!! (but eliminate anonymous voting)

How about like/dislike?

The big reason I removed star ratings here was the classifieds. Folks would add a classified ad and Joe Shmoe would give it one star... which was not fair.

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    I have a suggestion (which has nothing to do with the forum):

Maybe each user could have a want list attached to his/her profile where you could write down a certain number of records you're after (10? 50?), and then soulstrut could have a search function so people with records they want to get rid off could search for people here that wants them, and then make a deal.

Would be quite cool. I suggest that the list is a small one, just for your top ten wants or something. Some kind of fee should be paid to you if a deal takes place.

What do you think? Stupid or useful? Would it be difficult to add to the new super site?

For letting the community getting the first option on

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Raj:

Normally, I'm of the mind that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but since you're about to reboot anyway, I'd at least be intrigued at seeing, say, a "politics and lifestyle" forum exist on its own and see how that may or may not impact the degree of posting on it and a separate music/record-related forum.

After all, you can always re-integrate later, no?

But if you absolutely HAVE to go with just one or the other, I'd say keep things as they are.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Just keep up the good work.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I want to be able to see more than 99 posts on one page in flat mode. 500 is a good number.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I wouldn't mind if politics was a separate section... and I know the City Guide is coming, but I still feel like a Travel Strut forum section might be good for discussions. would make searching a little easier maybe

are you unable to add thread ratings but disable for the Classifieds?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I wouldn't mind if politics was a separate section...

define politics

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    please keep CDR pluralistic. Everything should be happening there. I really love how all things come together, just as in "real life"...breaking things down only makes it more complicated...less is more imho...