Common say it ain't so

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Just when you thought he could not fall lowerhe's made itjust ..wright

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    As usual this is the same kind of formulaic script regurgitated again from uncreative people in Hollywood...

What's up with Queen Latifah always playing the same over the top tomboy-ish-hip-hop clown.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it's not the first movie (and won't be the last)
    where she is the main romantic attraction
    and she will probably only loose her spot at the top of the cutesy tamed black experience to Mo'nique

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Faux Rillz is gettin me free passes.

Why the NETS? Tri-State Appeal?

Whoopie Goldberg/Eddie type steez.

Latifah has done some real roles regardless of her bigger mainstream trash.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    it doesn't look as horrid as bringin down the house or taxi. wouldn't watch but hey, get money latifah.

common is a HORRIBLE actor.

pam grier still looks smashable at :38, not so much at the end of the trailer.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Common's dunk looked hella fake.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    If they're gonna cast a non-actor in this role why not cast a f#%kin basketball player at least! They couldn't find a NBA player that wants to be in a movie?!

If they're gonna cast a non-actor in this role why not cast a f#%kin basketball player at least! They couldn't find a NBA player that wants to be in a movie?!

Love Story %90 - basketball - %10

I dont want to see Jordan Farmar kiss Latifah.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

But you would want to see Common kiss Latifah? I'm thinking Sheryl Swoopes would be more believable.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Wow i felt like i'd just seen the whole movie after watching that trailer i mean why even bother going to see it ?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Compared to NBA players, Common is an actor. Didn't you listen to Dwight Howard's single awkwardly-delivered line in the trailer? (yes, i watched the whole trailer)

But you would want to see Common kiss Latifah? I'm thinking Sheryl Swoopes would be more believable.

In defense of Common, dude's acting is just as mediocre as LL,Busta Rhymes,Sticky,Method Man, and them.

Being surprised that he's casted here shows u havent been in the loop.

This is not Blue Chips.

U need a real Basketball player to convince you that Latifah is more affectionate than Paula Patton?

Common is Just Wright for this silly shit.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    what character is Mos Def in this movie?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

Latifah has done some real roles regardless of her bigger mainstream trash.

I saw The Secret Life of Bees on a flight last year and she was pretty good in that.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Common is Just Wright for this silly shit.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    As usual this is the same kind of formulaic script regurgitated again from uncreative people in Hollywood...

What's up with Queen Latifah always playing the same over the top tomboy-ish-hip-hop clown.

That's who she is, she's not an actor.

This movie looks absolutely terrible. I was when I saw that commercial for the first time last week.

Oh yeah, and wasn't Common's pops a baller? ABA or early NBA or something? I think he lives here in Denver...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Common is not on the same level as master thespians Vanilla Ice and RZA. It makes one yearn for the days when professional wrestlers, retired football players and Italian supermodels starred in quality, Oscar worthy films.

i cant believe there isnt more (public) outrage by legitimate black actors over the fact that black roles are constantly filled by music stars who can barely deliver their lines. hollywood is slapping the entire black community in the face on a daily basis by casting tyrese etc.

Should the Caucasoid Community be mad at Frank Sinatra,Kris Kristofferson,Harry Connick Jr. and Cher as well?

This is a dead issue in 2010....IMO.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

In defense of Common, dude's acting is just as mediocre as LL,Busta Rhymes,Sticky,Method Man, and them.

Whoa! Pump your brakes there, now. LL was brilliant in Deep Blue Sea.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I prefer singers/rappers acting than actors singing/rapping...

And both those over (for the most part) models trying to do either.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I prefer singers/rappers acting than actors singing/rapping...

Here's PROOF

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

"Yessssss, that was a roofie in your drink"

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    The Bruce Willis LP is actually not that bad.

Explore the recorded works of Don Johnson at your peril.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

That doesn't sound like an opinion you'd want to put out there.

for the most part....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Common's dunk looked hella fake.

about a year ago (or less) there was a craigslist ad for a Common look-a-like who could play ball. the ad actually stated that Common was doing a movie with Queen Latifah in NYC and they needed a fill-in for the harder basketball shots.

i know this because a buddy of mine looks just like Common (but with hair) and played college ball. he did not get the job.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

for the most part....

Yeah.

But I believe she studied theater in college before anything. And was acting in the early 70's.

One of the few exceptions of a model that can pull all three off.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

That doesn't sound like an opinion you'd want to put out there.

It's my opinion and I'll stand by it. Have you heard the record? The Bruce Willis record is not some purist neo-blues orgasm, but it is decent bar rock/blues. Considering that it's a novelty record, it's actually fairly impressive. If you calibrate your expectations to the Don Johnson/Eddie Murphy level of celebrity music releases, it will blow you away.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    If you calibrate your expectations to the Don Johnson/Eddie Murphy level of celebrity music releases, it will blow you away.

I guess you got me there.

If you calibrate your expectations to the Don Johnson/Eddie Murphy level of celebrity music releases, it will blow you away.