New Official Breaking Bad Thread (spoilers)

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Man....my homeboy just broke it down for me. I didn't realize the opening scene of this week's ep (which was bonkers) was a flashback to the young cousins and that was a younger "My Tio" talking about a younger Gus. Insane!

so here is a good question: which brother is pinned between the cars and tells the other to finish hank off? is it the one that young tio tried to drown or the brother that saved him?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    "Tio" played by Mark Margolis, who played "Alberto The Shadow" in Scarface.

Alberto The Shadow was the dude that Tony shot dead in the car [very popular voice sample taken from this scene], who wanted to blow up the car with the wife and kids.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Wow. I don't see how or why you dudes are hating on any of the Jesse scenes from that ep.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Man....my homeboy just broke it down for me. I didn't realize the opening scene of this week's ep (which was bonkers) was a flashback to the young cousins and that was a younger "My Tio" talking about a younger Gus. Insane!

so here is a good question: which brother is pinned between the cars and tells the other to finish hank off? is it the one that young tio tried to drown or the brother that saved him?

I think the brother that's always wielding the axe is the same one that broke the toy.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i believe i called it in the other breaking bad thread that Hank would kill the two brothers. He is the only "good" character left...and as soon as he refused to lie to the internal affairs department, the show instantly boosted him to hero status.

imo, walt is half way between two worlds with hank pulling him towards the good, and jesse (who has fully broken bad and has no signs of coming back) taking him towards the bad.

the last scene was amazing but as others have said, the jesse monologue was atrocious.

i predict that the season will end with Walt inching closer and closer to the good side. jesse hit the nail on the head when he said (in his monologue) that walt has only been concerned about himself thus far. i think that signaled a turning point.

Yeah, but did anyone catch in the "scenes from the next" that one of the two brothers lives? So who know what kind of shit that will reap...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Wow. I don't see how or why you dudes are hating on any of the Jesse scenes from that ep.

All love, baby. Pinkman's been super awesome this season, like I said the monologue was just a dissonant note for me.

I think we will find out which of the Cousins was which kid in the flash-back. The show invests too much in character to have them stay so two dimensional that it wouldn't matter.

You have to admire how lean the storytelling is on the show. I loved how they incorporated the wad-cutter bullet into the story without it blaring "this is Checkov's pistol!"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    brilliant episode

try watching the last scene muted with different music playing in the background

parts of the last scene were very reminiscent of the Michael Mann Tom Cruise Jamie Foxx movie "Collateral"

Trunk shot was a nice touch too

"NO, MUY FACIL"

Yeah, but did anyone catch in the "scenes from the next" that one of the two brothers lives? So who know what kind of shit that will reap...

I've mostly started skipping the scenes for Breaking Bad because they've been so spoilery like that this season, although I couldn't help notice that, so I think we'll see the Cousins storyline continue. As to why they showed the flashback, I think we can assume from his end of the phone conversation that Don Salamanca was against going into business with "The Chicken Man". If he and his sons the Cousins represent a faction of their cartel, I could see this vendetta spilling over into war against Gus by that faction and possibly subsequently a civil war within the cartel with those who like to work with Gus.

"sucia gente"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    cabbage

6 more episodes. hard to imagine how they could set the bar any higher.

I think the brother that's always wielding the axe is the same one that broke the toy.

This is correct, the Cousins have names now. The one that Hank shoots was Marco, who is the one who got his head shoved into the ice water as a boy. The other brother who's toy is broken and Hank runs his truck into is Leonel.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    THAT WAS SOME OF THE GREATEST TELEVSION EVER FILMED

seriously!! now i'm finally all caught up. the parking lot scene with hank was so intense and nerve racking that i kept pinching my bf's arms during the whole thing.

this show rules. i love how they are all such f*ck ups but sympathetic characters and are really likable at times. at different times i find myself rooting for hank, walter & jesse even when they are in direct opposition. everyone suffers from some sort of backlash for their choices on this show and it never gets old. and the whole cat and mouse plot is exciting, i love the RV scene with hank trying to get inside. what an amazing episode!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i believe i called it in the other breaking bad thread that Hank would kill the two brothers. He is the only "good" character left...and as soon as he refused to lie to the internal affairs department, the show instantly boosted him to hero status.

imo, walt is half way between two worlds with hank pulling him towards the good, and jesse (who has fully broken bad and has no signs of coming back) taking him towards the bad.

the last scene was amazing but as others have said, the jesse monologue was atrocious.

i predict that the season will end with Walt inching closer and closer to the good side. jesse hit the nail on the head when he said (in his monologue) that walt has only been concerned about himself thus far. i think that signaled a turning point.
    i dont really agree w/ this, at a couple points walt has made it clear that he has less pathos for human beings than jesse does -- letting the girl choke on her own vomit, and when he tried to get jesse to consider killing badger when he got picked up by the cops (even if just for a brief second) -- anyone who thinks walt is still morally ambiguous is crazy. dude has been acting out of selfish self-interest for many many episodes, and the fiction that he tells himself (!) about doing it for his family proved to be a total lie when he starts being enraged about 'my formula' for the meth ... basically since receiving the news of cancer hes been spiraling further and further into madness, and once his wife broke entirely away hes just been careening like a loose canon with absolutely no center or moral purpose. this is what made it so easy for gus to exploit him in returning to cooking meth

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i mean, i dont think jesse has been a 'bad influence' on walt at all really ... jesse's an accessory at best. the relationship between the two of them is more some weird father/son friendship than it is about jesse pulling dude to the dark side.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    anyone who thinks walt is still morally ambiguous is crazy. dude has been acting out of selfish self-interest for many many episodes, and the fiction that he tells himself (!) about doing it for his family proved to be a total lie when he starts being enraged about 'my formula' for the meth ... basically since receiving the news of cancer hes been spiraling further and further into madness, and once his wife broke entirely away hes just been careening like a loose canon with absolutely no center or moral purpose. this is what made it so easy for gus to exploit him in returning to cooking meth

the whole show is walt's inner struggle. if he completely broke one way or the other, there wouldn't be a Breaking Bad anymore.

"morally ambiguous" could easily be the name of the show.

jesse was getting on my nerved last night but i guess that was the point.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

I really like last night's episode in that the previous one was so action-packed, while the one last night was all about waiting, and so was kind of "slow", and more of a thinker. I liked the back-to-back mood transition like that. I am really curious as to what Gus's next moves will be. He is one hardcore dude.

gus is creepy. his vacant expression reminds me of an evil, secretly alive mannequin

gus is creepy

the smile on gus's face when he heard the gun shots and broke the phone was extra-creepy on account of the fact that he is always taciturn and expressionless.

good call edith on the "mannequine come alive" comparison. gus has been activated!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    gus is creepy.

i meant gus the character, i'm aware of who giancarlo esposito is and he has been different in almost every role i've seen him in.

gus is creepy

the smile on gus's face when he heard the gun shots and broke the phone was extra-creepy on account of the fact that he is always taciturn and expressionless.

good call edith on the "mannequine come alive" comparison. gus has been activated!

^^^THIS

Skylar must be stewing inside

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Disposing the syringe scene was classic.
    Bloody crawling knees across the hospital floor too.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Bloody crawling knees across the hospital floor too.

skull melting.

I'm sensing something big happening with Walt Jr. in the next couple of episodes. Anybody with me?

• i was hoping meth geek would stick around for a few more episodes

oh, and chicken dude rules

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Jessie should get killed soon.

POLLOS COMMERCIAL MADE ME LULZ