New Official Breaking Bad Thread (spoilers)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
HANK!!!Best episode this season.

Comments

• where is this still from?
    he was wearing his coat when he was trying to crowbar the door open....

..anywho, best thing on tv since the wire...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Very dope episode indeed

The RV & hospital part with Hank was tense.
    I enjoyed Walt and his nerdy assistant too though

him reciting the poem was like

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Great show. Any good TV show recommendations aside from the Wire, Sopranos or Oz ?

• When I heard the learn?d astronomer;
    When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
    When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
    When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
    How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
    Till rising and gliding out, I wander?d off by myself,
    In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
    Look?d up in perfect silence at the stars.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Great show. Any good TV show recommendations aside from the Wire, Sopranos or Oz ?

United States of Tara

I might be alone on this one. But I find it very amusing.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    When I heard the learn?d astronomer;
    When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
    When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
    When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
    How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
    Till rising and gliding out, I wander?d off by myself,
    In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
    Look?d up in perfect silence at the stars.

b/w

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    where is this still from?
    he was wearing his coat when he was trying to crowbar the door open....

AMC

I wanted a still from when they zoomed in after his wife called him at the hospital and he realized he was tricked. I was expecting him to either drop dead or explode. I could almost hear his eyes sizzling.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I could almost hear his eyes sizzling.

yeah, Jesse is in for some shit, I would have to think.

the Vince Guaraldi meets Busby Berkley meth-processing sequence was phenomenal.

lab assistant dude was also on the show that I'm convinced I'm the only person who watches it, Damages.

agreed, best episode of BB this year. things are happening all over the place.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Not fully a spoiler but a friend of mines had a prominent role on the first episode of the season as the campfire leader/ rehab counselor and he let me know that character will be in upcoming episodes this season, he didn't reveal any storylines though

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Not fully a spoiler but a friend of mines had a prominent role on the first episode of the season as the campfire leader/ rehab counselor and he let me know that character will be in upcoming episodes this season, he didn't reveal any storylines though
    Based on how the show has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if that character was used in a flashback or something.

• wasnt the counselor the dude from "dear john"?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Yeah, that's my dude Jere

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

without a doubt

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THAT WAS SOME OF THE GREATEST TELEVSION EVER FILMED

PROPS TO HANK SCHRADER

SANTA MUERTE CLAIMS MANY LIVES TODAY

LA FAMILIA ES TODO

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I kept looking at my watch, then the show and then when it went down I swear I may have had a small heart attack.

FUCK YES.

i jumped my feet for the last few minutes of the episode and me and my girlfriend were hollering at the screen. my heart was racing.

my god, was that ever well done.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I don't know, that hospital bed scene with Jesse saying what "he was going to do first" was very pretentious and

I don't know, that hospital bed scene with Jesse saying what "he was going to do first" was very pretentious and

man, you're tough to please. jesse's character always teeters on the brink of annoying but it never goes there. i bet that monologue wins him some award.

That monologue was as sik as the final scene
    best episode evar

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

best episode evar

AMEN, anyone who is not watching this show is seriously sleepin'...!!

What about the flashback at the beginning?

LA FAMILIA ES TODO

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

man, you're tough to please. jesse's character always teeters on the brink of annoying but it never goes there. i bet that monologue wins him some award.

Don't get me wrong, that episode was great, but that little "mono" that Jesse gave in the hospital was not his character, dude plays an evasive wanna be drug dealer that wouldn't do schitt. To express it in a manner as he did after getting his face caved-in wasn't convincing me.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Don't get me wrong, that episode was great, but that little "mono" that Jesse gave in the hospital was not his character, dude plays an evasive wanna be drug dealer that wouldn't do schitt. To express it in a manner as he did after getting his face caved-in wasn't convincing me.

I ride hard for the show, but I have to admit that that monologue took me out of the moment a little as well. I could kind of see somebody who just got their face crushed would feel that way. He would want to get revenge, and with Hank assaulting him he thinks he can get satisfaction through the courts. Who knows if he would have been successful, but it would have been bad for Walt and bad for Saul. That said, I thought the monologue was just a little too explicit, perhaps channeling Marsellus Wallace a bit too much, "If Hank goes to Indochina there'll be someone waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass."

Great episode, although I was a little sad seeing Walt sacrifice his nerd-romance with Gale to bring in Jesse. The final action scene had a strong Sam Rami quality to it, and it's always good to see Hank kicking butt.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Yeah, that was some serious edge-of-the-seat, yelling-at-the-TV business on Sunday night.

I agree w/ T*m on the nerd-break of Walt and Gale but disagree on the Jesse/AP criticism. That's where dude is coming from. He's taken soul-shaking beatdowns in every season due to WW (season 2 beatdown = waking up to dead girlfriend). He'd been edgy since rehab but that was the full-fledged meltdown he had coming to him due to all he's been through. He's still a businessman though, in the end.

Fukkin Saul. That track suit was *pimp*.

3rd best TV show ever. 1 and 2 in the crosshairs.

3rd best TV show ever. 1 and 2 in the crosshairs.

what are the two you rate higher?

with sundays episode, breaking bad just sped ahead of sopranos on my list and is now number 1 of all time.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Sopranos and the Wire would be my two favorites, with a severe drop-off to anything else after that.

Man....my homeboy just broke it down for me. I didn't realize the opening scene of this week's ep (which was bonkers) was a flashback to the young cousins and that was a younger "My Tio" talking about a younger Gus. Insane!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i believe i called it in the other breaking bad thread that Hank would kill the two brothers. He is the only "good" character left...and as soon as he refused to lie to the internal affairs department, the show instantly boosted him to hero status.

imo, walt is half way between two worlds with hank pulling him towards the good, and jesse (who has fully broken bad and has no signs of coming back) taking him towards the bad.

the last scene was amazing but as others have said, the jesse monologue was atrocious.

i predict that the season will end with Walt inching closer and closer to the good side. jesse hit the nail on the head when he said (in his monologue) that walt has only been concerned about himself thus far. i think that signaled a turning point.