Midweek-ish finds

124»

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

what about the matthew larkin?!? not the highlight?
    lol

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    oh shit maru!

Even if the MLC was OG, a Ndikho Xaba in the field is a huge score.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    oh shit maru!
    and i was just thinking how rarely that first niteliters pops up.

whats on the jimi-hush now boot? never seen that
    and whats that assagai look alike next to expensive shit ?

nah, Matthew Larkin is the new comp. yeah i never see that niteliters in the field, and it's super clean.

didn't you use that "Hush Now" track for AEIOU2 tripledouble? i bought it for that track alone.

that one next to expensive shit is El Babaku. Afro jazz joint on the MPS label.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    you shoulda hollered at me when you were in town

i definitely would have if i had been in town longer. it was really on some 24-hour drive by shit. next time.....

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hush now is on a bunch of those german boots. inever seen that one, or any that were actually named after the song tho.that track is ridiculous. a rock music encyclopedia olhead i know maintains that it might not even be jimi but just some cash in recordings made to sound like him. doubtful but interesting.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

how the hell does this happen? explain.

how the hell does this happen? explain.
    I suppose there was a bunch in a shipment of 45s which was brought over by the chain of stores here. I got one out of my local store about 18 months ago & then there was another turn up in the branch at the other end of the country & now these two. I got a bunch of unplayed stock Greenville 45s from a guy who bought them from another branch of the store & these were from that same source, so 4 copies in NZ in the last 18 months. Crazy.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    so 4 copies in NZ in the last 18 months. Crazy.

Damn, and I can't even find one and they were released, pretty much, in my back yard compared to you being half a world away. Good finds bro!!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Post deleted by Breez

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    just caught this on Sun...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

I've seen this before and never new what it was. Is it dope??

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    hush now is on a bunch of those german boots. inever seen that one, or any that were actually named after the song tho.that track is ridiculous.

Yeah, there's like a gazillion of those euro Hendrix/Hitson/Youngblood/Knight budget LPs and they're all over the place. I've got that one somewhere too. I think it's on Timewind.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

I've seen this before and never new what it was. Is it dope??

Not really for me. Interesting I suppose. Guess it's valuable to some though.

• few from yesterday, been finding some cool things this month

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    How's that Explainer- Positive Vibrations ? Soca cheese?

• yeah that and the kung fu trumpet player record were kind of duds, lot was cheap so I threw them in