Midweek-ish finds

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ya -- but more specifically, pretty much the biggest flea market in the US --

http://www.brimfieldshow.com/

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Why didn't you holler at homeboy?

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    I've done really good there before, i live like 20 minutes away, was going tomorrow night.

peace,xavier

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few thrift store finds from today, 3 for $1.
    Alvaro Torres (top left)is loaded with some incredible loops

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Finished a couple of weeks of going through a quite large collection at a local Haitian cultural centre. I'm quite happy I got to it in time, because today I learned that the owner of the collection, who lives in the savannah, had shown up on Monday and disappeared with the records. Here is what I left with:

45's

LP's

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Finished a couple of weeks of going through a quite large collection at a local Haitian cultural centre. I'm quite happy I got to it in time, because today I learned that the owner of the collection, who lives in the savannah, had shown up on Monday and disappeared with the records. Here is what I left with:

So...you're happy you got to steal records from their owner before he could take them back. That's kinda foul.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

So...you're happy you got to steal records from their owner before he could take them back. That's kinda foul.

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I paid a lot of money for these, and they will go to the owner when he comes to claim them from the centre.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I've done really good there before, i live like 20 minutes away, was going tomorrow night.

peace,xavier

Really? I mean I wasn't really expecting much, went more for the furniture and stuff, but I only stumbled upon three of four places that were selling records in large quantities (at least 5 - 6 crates or so).

Would love to know what you've found there....and from who?!??!?!

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I paid a lot of money for these, and they will go to the owner when he comes to claim them from the centre.

I'm sorry that I assumed the worst. I'm glad both parties are getting what they want. Nice scores.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Just got from US after maniac 2.5 weeks of serious down and dirty diggin 68 Uhaul boxes at 125 pieces equals 4000lbs of freight coming back to OZ. Guard dogs not included.

Too many to list...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What's the shipping cost on that???

US$1000

• good call training your dogs to sniff out records worth over $20.

Also, do records fit perfectly in those Uhaul small boxes?

The dogs are trained to sniff out OGs and are yet to be trained in appraisal

Uhaul boxes are perfect and can tightly fit 125-130 pieces a box. 27 fit on a pallett

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    a certain soulstrutter who shall remain nameless basically saw this record on my wantlist and sent it to me out of the blue, for free. last year around this time another unnamed strutter also sent me grail out of the blue.

i just wanted to say that for all the arguing and name-calling that sometimes goes on (and that i am often a part of) i really do love this place.

raj: you have created something that has improved my life in so many ways. thanks.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    US$1000

works out to 11 cents a record. good work!!!

what type of stuff in there????

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    And is that for a store you have out in Australia? Or just personal edification?

I do fairs here in Australia and is for stock. I will probably keep 100 records for myself mainly disco and boogie 12's

Picked up heaps of disco promos Miami Bass,Electro as well rock psych etc. Generally a broad range of everything as it is important to cover every base

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

peace,xavier

Really? I mean I wasn't really expecting much, went more for the furniture and stuff, but I only stumbled upon three of four places that were selling records in large quantities (at least 5 - 6 crates or so).

Would love to know what you've found there....and from who?!??!?!

Last year i scored Bob Smith's "The Visit" along w/ some good private gospel lp's, some jazz funk stuff like 'Rass" by Monty Alexander, David Walker 'Plum Happy"......... a copy of the Burnt River Band lp. Most of these came from a guy named Don who i met selling at a flea market, he wasn't there this year, but had alot of stuff last year (Don't know if you went last year)

The Year before that i scored 8 unplayed copies of the Wendy and Bonnie 45, along w/ a nm copy of their lp. I found a copy of Linda Jones 'Can't Live My Life" on WB. Got some decent xian shit too. Got these from one person, he has like a million 45's and he sets under a tent by himself, sells toys and other shit, the wendy and bonnie 45's had their own section. The W and B lp was 3 bucks.

peace,xavier

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    This year was pretty sad w/o Don there, i only looked around for two hours, scored a copy of Fraser and Debolt, thats it

peace,xavier

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    nice finds this week. some lp's

and some 45's

a lil piece of hardware.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I do fairs here in Australia and is for stock. I will probably keep 100 records for myself mainly disco and boogie 12's

Picked up heaps of disco promos Miami Bass,Electro as well rock psych etc. Generally a broad range of everything as it is important to cover every base

Were you in Jacksonville, FL a few weeks ago?

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Used some more store credit today and picked up the following:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great Funky Scientology Jazz! For some strange reason I now feel the compulsion to watch Tom Cruise movies!

Hippie Yoga Spiritual Free Space Jazz Sect LP

Generic Swiss LP cover with one funky jazz track!

Great jazz comp

Great 45 in answer to Burt Bacharach's original

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    Flea market finds. All where $2 each.

Not the greatest haul, but I could flip some of them. None of the Gasolin ones are the "right" pressing, except the one to the far right. Its on blue vinyl and is supposedly extremely rare. Goes for $500

• minimini 879 Posts
    From few weeks time:

Were you in Jacksonville, FL a few weeks ago?

Never made it that far north just spent 2.5 weeks in Sth Florida

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Finds from my trip to Philly, New Jersey and New York last week. The highlight was definitely the Ndikho Xaba. Never thought I'd find that in the field let alone in Princeton.

oh shit maru!
    what about the matthew larkin?!? not the highlight?
    and i was just thinking how rarely that first niteliters pops up.

whats on the jimi-hush now boot? never seen that
    and whats that assagai look alike next to expensive shit ?

you shoulda hollered at me when you were in town