Midweek-ish finds

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Florida boutique digging. Cafe con leche and empanadas served whilst you browse.

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The 'Underground Sunshine' is some pop-psych covers which suck. Then there's an 11 minute brain melt and mellow out track as the last song on the b-side, penned by the group members. And it is outstanding.
    The Sons of Champlin is nice as it's mint and has the insert which i've never seen before.
    The Prince Buster is in amazing condition (especially for a reggae LP) and is chock full of goodness.
    The 'Soul' LP is just a comp but the cover is great. I remember TSL had one framed on their wall for years.
    Nona Hendryx's 'Transformation' was a come up as I didn't know it came on 12.
    And you can never go wrong with an original pressing of Sister Nancy.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Goddamnit I need a Boutique Digger Graemlin stat!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hilarious boot-sale find. Middle aged lady insisted the buyer take the lot for equivalent $3. Natch, most will go to the local charity shop, but some goodness amongst the chaff. See if you can spot it.

Drum break on Love Beach

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    The 'Underground Sunshine' is some pop-psych covers which suck. Then there's an 11 minute brain melt and mellow out track as the last song on the b-side, penned by the group members. And it is outstanding.
    used that on aeiou2...bizarre as interludes of silence in that song, but do a touch of editing and its some shit i could listen to all day long

The Sons of Champlin is nice as it's mint and has the insert which i've never seen before.
    boom boom chop! thers a little something on every sons record ive heard. i never heard their first prviate press "wihtout stems and seeds" anyone got that?

actually just picked one up about an hour ago out the dollar bins

along with:

and doubles of

and a vg copy of

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Just hit another Goodwill. Nothing major but everything's pretty minty though. The Grover Washington (we were just talking about this T**y ) is clean despite the cover.

damn!!! i was just talking with delay about mental record manifestationing!!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    kringloopwinkel finds from yesterday

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    nice finds, love that ella,who was asking about that hoezo the other day?

used that on aeiou2...bizarre as interludes of silence in that song, but do a touch of editing and its some shit i could listen to all day long

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    a couple agent diggeur style:

• subsub 311 Posts

iperialistic diggin alert

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Looks like you got some free shit on there. The best I ever got was a mouse poo in a Hessa.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    nice finds, love that ella,who was asking about that hoezo the other day?
    that was about the dj vadim mikser no?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Sometimes Indian post offices will seal stuff with wax (I'm not saying that's what that is though).
    That Deewaar is not the "right one."

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    Sometimes Indian post offices will seal stuff with wax (I'm not saying that's what that is though).
    That Deewaar is not the "right one."

thanks for the heads up on deewaar, i may be having the other one coming in another bunch. it came in handy anyways for sound effects.

yeah, i must admit ive had pretty bad luck so far with india, i think every third package dissapears.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i've heard about the canvas sealed with wax from india but never seen it. thx for the pic.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    India packages apparently indicate in India that:
    Cloth is cheaper than paper
    Styrofoam is cheaper than cardboard

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I can finally check this long time want off the list!!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Just hit yet another GW.

is that the andy angel you got for $5??

got my grover washington record today....i'mcue burning those horns. those things are ridiculous. perilously close to blowing my speakers out

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Yup,$5!! I couldn't believe it. It's damn near spotless too.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Yo Breakmaster Breeez, what are your top ten breaks OAT?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    pulled this raer off the street yesterday!

• doomdoom 305 Posts

funny lyrics! would sit well with artificiell prana etc

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

funny lyrics! would sit well with artificiell prana etc

picked up two other sonet label releases recently you might be familiar with;
    the group made in swedens made in england album from 1970, and burning red ivanhoes www record from 1971

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Yo Breakmaster Breeez, what are your top ten breaks OAT?

This list changes every day, but as of right now:

10) Don Mock - "Stellar Stomp"
    9) S.O.B. _ "The Soil I Tilled For You"
    8) Lou Donaldson "Ode to Billie Joe"
    7) Piotr Figiel - "Dyplomowany Galernik"
    6) Lee Dorsey - "Get out my Life Woman"
    5) Bob Azzam - "Rain, Rain Go Away"
    4) Keith Mansfield - "Soul Thing"
    3) Surprize - "Sweet Love"
    2) Skull Snaps - "It's a New Day"
    1) Melvin Bliss - "Synthetic Substitution"
    or
    The Honey Drippers - "Impeach the President"

it's always a toss up between these 2.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Some long time wants, I'm listening to for the first time! Got that Maggot Brain from Age. Eddie Fisher looked clean, but plays slightly crackly. Didn't expect too much out of that JB's, but boy was I wrong. Danny Woods is a terrific soul record with some funky moments.