What record are the drums on....

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
......Black Moon-Headz Aint ready from? i know ive heard them used a gazillion times buti dont know where they come from. someone help.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    That's a "brain buster" right there,i'm out for the night later.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Is that the Climax Rock Band "Louisiana Blues" joint???

• I was under the impression that was Giant s/t, but maybe thats another classic black moon joint.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    thats "sound bwoy bureil" asp...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    nope, not Giant or the Climax drums

• I finnin' the know the drums to:

Slum Village's "Fall In Love"
    and Dre's "explosive"

ive always wondered about the Fall In Love drums too

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    ive always wondered about the Fall In Love drums too

Always thought it was Daly Wilson slowed down.

• naw I've slowed those drums down myself and those aren't it. I've heard the same drums on other songs as well.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    ......Black Moon-Headz Aint ready from? i know ive heard them used a gazillion times buti dont know where they come from. someone help.

New York Rock Ensemble Freedomburger I think. Its been a minute since I've heard that song.

I finnin' the know the drums to:

Iron Butterfly with the white cover.

and Dre's "explosive"

I think they jacked em off Lil Kim's "Queen B Shit" but the original is a comp that Carlos Bess did called Funky Drummer. I want that shit bad.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    thats "sound bwoy bureil" asp...

ok..my bad

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I think they jacked em off Lil Kim's "Queen B Shit" but the original is a comp that Carlos Bess did called Funky Drummer. I want that shit bad.

Any idea what the record looks like or how many copies were pressed up?? You ever see that shit for sale?

peaee.

Any idea what the record looks like or how many copies were pressed up?? You ever see that shit for sale?

peaee.

I've never seen it myself. I think I had a no breakbeats rule lol at the time it came out. The Diamond D lyric had me tryin to be "pure digger" at the time.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Tell us a bit about how your first compilation came to fruition.

It was 1990 and beat digging for me was at its infancy. When I got my first studio gig in 1991 I met 2 guys that forever changed my life. Their names were "Calvin Trouble Jones "and "T-Kae Mendez". T-Kae was down with BDP and Trouble was Salaam Remi's Partner. T-Kae broke all my Street Beat records and taught me how to engineer and lock up loops and Trouble took time and taught me the art of beat digging. In turn, that inspired me to make "FUNKY DRUMMER VOLUME 1" I wanted to play my own drums but at the same time disguise them so that no one could tell that they were recorded by me. So T-Kae and I would experiment with microphone placement, mock up ill recording techniques and sample them. It was so hard for me, at first, to make a break. It took me a whole year of testing before I landed a job at the legendary FIREHOUSE STUDIOS as an engineer. At FireHouse, I had better microphones and a 24-track machine to play with. Once I finished the master I passed it to RZA while Wu-Tang was recording their first album and I released a 12" of Funky Drummer under an indy label called JBR Records. Every body from RZA to other known producers were going MAD off those breaks. Then the 'Big Break' came when Q-Tip (from ATCQ) used one of my Funky Drummer drums for the Sprite commercial he did, that's when all hell broke loose. After that I released 3 more volumes and called it quits 'cause it took me a year to make a decent Funky Drummer album and my time was more and more going towards mixing and producing. Funky Drummer has been used in more than 20,000 unique productions worldwide and it's one of the most sampled records in the market to date.

That makes me proud.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Ren't the Fall in love drums just "power of zeus" with some ill reverb?

headz ain't ready I think is James Brown of some sort

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I finnin' the know the drums to:

and Dre's "explosive"

Oh, the Iron Butterfly joint. Hmmm.
    Who was talking about doing a Jay Dee originals mix...Jake?

I'm assuming this is what people are talking about?:
    IMG SRC=http://www.goodfootwax.com/images/funkdrummer.jpg>
    Got it last fall in a storage auction.
    I'll try to get up audio if people need it.

• I finnin' the know the drums to:

and Dre's "explosive"

wow, im pretty sure i have that funky drummer record somewhere, found it recently for a buck in some hiphop collection.

dope! Never seen it before, plaese post audio. I was goin to do a Dilla mixtape with J Rocc but we are both too lazy and busy with other nonsense to get anything done. I've also become weary about exposing samples people haven't cleared.

• Oh, the Iron Butterfly joint. Hmmm.

dope! Never seen it before, plaese post audio. I was goin to do a Dilla mixtape with J Rocc but we are both too lazy and busy with other nonsense to get anything done. I've also become weary about exposing samples people haven't cleared.

dam that would be dope. I always thought a lot of his beats where some of the best chops and filter jobs. I'd be interested to hear the originals to a lot of his joints.

New York Rock Ensemble Freedomburger I think. Its been a minute since I've heard that song.
    ahhhh yup thats them. how stupid of me!!!

and yo, i dont think the Fall in Love drums are Iron Butterfly. can we get Einstein in here? he used the same drum loop on a song off Journey to Anywhere

and yo, i dont think the Fall in Love drums are Iron Butterfly. can we get Einstein in here? he used the same drum loop on a song off Journey to Anywhere

Its a loop scrapper. Definitely Iron Butterfly. Organized Noise used them on Outkast "Mainstream". My favorite Outkast song.

• ......Black Moon-Headz Aint ready from? i know ive heard them used a gazillion times buti dont know where they come from. someone help.

Its a loop scrapper. Definitely Iron Butterfly. Organized Noise used them on Outkast "Mainstream". My favorite Outkast song.

Those "Fall in love" drums CAN"T be "GET OUT MY LIFE" Iron Butterfly!!??! Unless Dilla did some crazy Paul C-esque panning.

WHO KNOWS!!!

• dope! Never seen it before, plaese post audio. I was goin to do a Dilla mixtape with J Rocc but we are both too lazy and busy with other nonsense to get anything done. I've also become weary about exposing samples people haven't cleared.
    fil-thee

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Talking about Explosive drums, i think Carlos got the solution too...but he didn't spill it out yet. I gotta holla at him...

The thing is since he was recording with RZA and Choco back in the Cuban Linx era, he prolly knows about thos drums better than others. The reason being that RZA used it before Dre in Rae first LP. The mix was less punchy, but the drums are mos def the same ones. One difference may be that RZA looped it and Dre isolated the kick and snare.

I think Cee talked about releasing a new FD volume with those drums on it...

Those "Fall in love" drums CAN"T be "GET OUT MY LIFE" Iron Butterfly!!??! Unless Dilla did some crazy Paul C-esque panning.

WHO KNOWS!!!

Iron Butterfly "Soldier in Our Land" off the Metamorphasis (sp) album.