NFL 2010 Schedule Released/Draft Talk/News

13»

Comments

• I got to love the Raiders. Always surprising us all with their 1st Round Picks. I thought that they would pick Clausen if he dropped to them so that they could drop Russell, but appparently they're going to ride the JaMarcus train a little bit longer.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nope, Gradkowski.
    Clausen will suck.

• Nope, Gradkowski.
    Clausen will suck.

Seeing what Gradkowski did, even in the limited time he played against my Skins, he knows how to get to the receivers and he can move around to buy his receivers some time. I think they should move Russell to offensive line and protect a real quarterback. As for Clausen, only time will tell. He had "pro" experience at Notre Dame, but even so, they didn't win much or do anything significant.

And Tebow to the Broncos! Orton might want to get his passing game in order.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Rock, you got TO part 2 coming your way, good call.

Giants pick up a defensive end. Osi on the trading block?

• Turns out Kindle has some sort of serious injury ? hanging over him, in addition to being Narcoleptic and having ADD.

Wasn't thrilled with the Saints pick at first, but after actually studying up on it...I am good w/ it. We were worst on defense last year when Porter and Greer were out.

Interesting and fast-moving first round. SEems like the primetime move was a winner. ONly complaint: how about some suspense around the pick instead of showing dudes on their phones!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Turns out Kindle has some sort of serious injury ? hanging over him, in addition to being Narcoleptic and having ADD.

Wasn't thrilled with the Saints pick at first, but after actually studying up on it...I am good w/ it. We were worst on defense last year when Porter and Greer were out.

My blog comment from last night...

For weeks, I've been hoping the Saints could somehow snatch up OLB Sergio Kindle from Texas with their 1st round draft pick. And sure enough Kindle was still available at the 32nd position. But the Saints went with a cb in Patrick Robinson from Florida State. That's alright...I guess. Kindle, or Daryl Washington from TCU for that matter, could have been able to replace the departed Scott Fujita at OLB. But I suppose if Darren Sharper really isn't coming back that we might need to slide Malcolm Jenkins back to the safety position and thus would need another corner ala Patrick Robinson. My bet is that the Saints were salivating over OLB Jerry Hughes persisting presence on the board only a pick away from their own and when the Colts went ahead and nabbed Hughes, the Saints were forced to go with a plan b in Robinson. At least it was a defensive pick and likely a solid one at that...geaux Saints!

This morning is when I found out about the Kindle "injury". He played a great game against Alabama with it, so I'm not sure if it bothers him to any serious degree. Some reports are now saying he needs surgery. I dunno...but he was one hell of a playmaker here at Texas. He did underachieve a bit from his high school-derived hype. But I still think Sergio will be a beast...for some lucky team...in the NFL.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Giants pick up a defensive end. Osi on the trading block?

Jerry Reese says he's keeping him (for now, anyway).

Looks like the Jets are 'cornering' the market.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Any insight as to why the Jets are getting so loaded on the cornerback position? Apart from the Pats, the other division teams aren't really air threats.

Any insight as to why the Jets are getting so loaded on the cornerback position? Apart from the Pats, the other division teams aren't really air threats.

Not sure, but according to the Post Ryan loves corners as part of his schemes and he might want to bring a lot of different looks, I think they're going to use Wilson as a nickel and punt returner next season.

Also, getting shredded by Peyton Manning to end their season must have burned them.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    So much Patriot fan handwringing up here it's gold. It's like a hug from Jesus.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I'm pretty surprised that McDaniels drafted Tebow. I am not a fan of Tebow and everybody on earth thinks it will be very difficult to turn him into an NFL quarterback. Good luck McDaniels, hope you know what you're doing youngin'.

The WR they picked up from Georgia Tech looks promising though. Plus the Broncos have several more picks coming. two in the 2nd, two in the 3rd, and I think still one in the 4th, and one in the 6th or 7th. All that pick trading got me a little confused.

The Tebow pick of course trumped it in dumbness...not so much that they picked Tebow that early but all that they gave up to pick Tebow that early, at a point where noone else even wanted him...but picking Thomas (also too early) over Bryant will prove itself as abundantly stupid as well.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ..but picking Thomas (also too early) over Bryant will prove itself as abundantly stupid as well.

Harv...remember that 90% you disagreed with....we can start the debunking now...

Will be picked higher than projected - Earl Thomas

..but picking Thomas (also too early) over Bryant will prove itself as abundantly stupid as well.

Harv...remember that 90% you disagreed with....we can start the debunking now...

I saw him projected anywhere from 7-20. He went right within that range.

But according to you, too early.

I was talking about Damaryius Thomas, the wide receiver from Georgia Tech, who the Broncos picked instead of Dez Bryant.

I was talking about Damaryius Thomas, the wide receiver from Georgia Tech, who the Broncos picked instead of Dez Bryant.

Then Eff me....I'll shut up and go to my corner now.

• Dez Bryant going to the Cowboys is a disaster. That team does not have the structure to deal w/ knuckleheads, yet they keep bringing them in.

"Don't worry, Deion Sanders says he's good people". Great. A ringing endorsement.

And they gave him Irvin's old number. Perfect!

Dez Bryant going to the Cowboys is a disaster. That team does not have the structure to deal w/ knuckleheads, yet they keep bringing them in.

"Don't worry, Deion Sanders says he's good people". Great. A ringing endorsement.

"Raises hand".....can I come out of my corner now....

I agree 100%.

They will have Calvin Hill on this guy 24/7 trying to get the knucklehead out of him....only I don't think he's a knucklehead, I think he's just dumb.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    It seems like they could've got Tebow with one of their second round picks.

As for Thomas over Bryant, yeah Thomas probably shouldn't have been picked in the first round, but I'm guessing they were hoping some of the other guys would've lasted (like Pouncey or Iupati), and when those guys went, they decided to go ahead and pick a WR. It seems like they took Thomas because of his "solid character profile", basically. McDaniels couldn't handle Marshall's ego/problems, so I'm sure he wasn't interested in a guy being reported as having an attitude similar to Owens. Either way, what's done is done. On to round 2 and beyond. Maybe they can make up for it with some sleeper picks.

Dez Bryant going to the Cowboys is a disaster. That team does not have the structure to deal w/ knuckleheads, yet they keep bringing them in.

Dude is hardly the "knucklehead" people are making him out to be. He got scared and lied during an NCAA investigation...he didn't rape a coed with the foot of a dead pitbull or anything like that.

The Cowboys landed the steal of the first round for certain.

• Dez Bryant going to the Cowboys is a disaster. That team does not have the structure to deal w/ knuckleheads, yet they keep bringing them in.

Dude is hardly the "knucklehead" people are making him out to be. He got scared and lied during an NCAA investigation...he didn't rape a coed with the foot of a dead pitbull or anything like that.

Not talking about that.

Talking about rumors dude couldn't be counted on to show up on-time on *gameday*.

He is a certified flake.

Not talking about that.

Talking about rumors dude couldn't be counted on to show up on-time on *gameday*.

He is a certified flake.

Whatever...I'm just glad we got more secondary help to stop him when we play the Boys this year.

The Jets releasing Faneca???

I don't get it. I know Ducasse is supposed to be good, but let's see him play in the pros first. Also, they aren't saving much money since most of Faneca's salary is guaranteed - why not keep him one more year?