NFL 2010 Schedule Released/Draft Talk/News

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
2010 Schedule was released today!Vikings at Saints for the season opener.AFC South teams got the toughest schedules.Giants don't play an NFC East team until week 7 for some reason.5 primetime games for the Jets.First round draft tomorrow. Will the Rams pass up on another first round quarterback yet again?Rothlisburger suspended for at least 4, maybe 6 games. Leftwich back in the mix.What's good fam? Only about 140 days left until the start of the season!!!!!

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The Jets have made a lot of moves in the off-season.

Will they be a better team or a hodge-podge of problem/old players?

• Roethlisberger is probably getting traded. Rooney had a press conference canceled minutes before it was to start. Rumor is they're talking to the Browns of all people to gauge interest.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Wow is Ben such a problem? I mean, he's a franchise QB and totally in his prime years.

Jets I think were the most active team during the free agency period. They got so close last year, I think they are going a little overboard bringing in so many big names. I guess time will tell if Rex knows what he's doing, or just getting in over his head. One thing is for sure, expectations are at peak levels, lots of pressure.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Pats picked up Torry Holt, so I think it's safe to say we've got the championship already wrapped up. You dudes should just look forward to 2011.

• All I can say is that I can't wait to put on my burgundy and gold on Opening Night. Cowgirls vs. my Skins. I can't ask for a better opening game. And I'm thankful that our bye week is in the middle of the season unlike the past few seasons. For the draft, Trent Williams fits our type of offensive scheme, but Okung seems to be the type of tackle that'll give you a solid decade of defending the quarterback.

Considering McNaab's past history with injury, the skins would be stupid to not draft Okung and shore up a pitiful o-line.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    As a Jets fan I have to say I am really apprehensive about the moves they've made. They'll either be a huge success or massive failure. I really hate the Jason Taylor signing, but if he is effective I'll get over it.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    What are the chances of Denver getting Dez Bryant with the 10th or 11th pick?

• Considering McNaab's past history with injury, the skins would be stupid to not draft Okung and shore up a pitiful o-line.

Considering his past history with injury, it would be best if we also keep Campbell as a security blaknket backup. With Okung on the left, Heyer on the right, and an o-line that is looking for something to prove from the disappointment of last season, it might be the return of the Hogs. Or maybe the Pigletts.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Wow is Ben such a problem? I mean, he's a franchise QB and totally in his prime years.

For several years there have been rumors that he's a major A-hole (to the extent that it's a problem in the locker room) and that the motorcycle accident screwed him up mentally and physically, much more than has ever been let on. Apparently they thought he was dead when he was bought into the emergency room.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What are the chances of Denver getting Dez Bryant with the 10th or 11th pick?

He'll be there, that's for sure.

But everything I hear locally is he is a major knucklehead and may not even go in the 1st round because teams are afraid to invest in him.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yikes. Lots of reports in Denver are saying he's our target, but who knows. Now that Marshall's gone, we need another WR. You'd think Denver would be wary of a guy with an attitude problem, being that we got rid of arguably one of the most talented WR's in the league because of it...

Yikes. Lots of reports in Denver are saying he's our target, but who knows. Now that Marshall's gone, we need another WR. You'd think Denver would be wary of a guy with an attitude problem, being that we got rid of arguably one of the most talented WR's in the league because of it...

It's weird....he's from a town east of Dallas and came from a rough background. He's never been in trouble with the law or at school....doesn't drink or do drugs...works his butt off in practice...all his teamates like him...he doesn't have a posse or hangers-on.....apparently the kid is just dumb as a rock...can't get to ANYTHING on time.....can't remember more than one play at a time.....and has a high opinion of himself ala T.O.

At least this is what's being reported here through various means....and still the talk is Jerry Jones wants him on the Cowboys.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just started up an NFL blog. Plaese to check it out from time to time...

http://chachingandthangs.blogspot.com/

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In Byron we Trust!

In Byron we Trust!

Over Dixon?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I hope the Chiefs go for Eric Berry if he's there with the 5th pick. Looking forward to Eagles / Skins game! Will Big Ben get traded????

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    In Byron we Trust!

Over Dixon?

I was at the Ravens/Steelers game in Nov. Dennis played great and was scary on the run. I wish he'd get some reps to see what he can do..........................says the guy from Oregon.

• I sincerely think that Big Ben will get traded. I don't think Pittsburgh will make the same mistake as Philadelphia and trade him within the division to Cleveland, but I do see him going to another AFC team. Buffalo, Oakland are in play. Maybe Jacksonville will trade Garrard to get Big Ben so that maybe some of their games won't be blacked out this season.

• Last word I heard was that, if he were to be traded, Oakland was the only team talked to who might bite.

• If Roethlisberger goes to Oakland, Darius Heyward-Bey might actually start looking and playing like the top-round draft pick that he was.

I expect the Cowboys to trade their #27 pick and Marion Babrber to move up and pick Earl Thomas.

• I expect the Cowboys to trade their #27 pick and Marion Babrber to move up and pick Earl Thomas.

I've been hearing talks of sending Marion Barber to another team for some time, but I have yet to believe it. If they can't trade him, they might make him solely a 3rd or 4th down back or a closer in the 4th quarter. I think he is still an invaluable back to the Cowboys, although Felix Jones should be the primary back instead.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Cardinals should trade for Ben......Leinert is going to be a disaster.

• Leinert had a few years to learn from one of the best in the game in Kurt Warner. I would think that having been on the sidelines for so long should humble him and help him keep his focus on winning for the Cardinals. Bringing Ben won't help in his progress.

• The Jets have a loaded roster but I actually expect that team to show regression in the two most important areas: Coach and QB.

If the Steelers are hot to trade Big Ben, dude must be a serious character question mark. They must know shit.

The Jets have a loaded roster but I actually expect that team to show regression in the two most important areas: Coach and QB.

Contrary to general consensus, Sanchez had a shit year last year. Statistically, he was at the very bottom of the qb pile. IMO he can only get better from there.

Sanchez wasn't that bad, considering it was his rookie season, the Jets had a run heavy offense, and a mediocre receiving corp.

That said, the Jets will stay run heavy so as long as he doesn't fuck up consistently, the Jets loses shouldn't be on him. And will Rex regress? To what? Was he really that much of an amazing coach last year? Lets not forget the Jets made it to the playoffs on a fluke.

If Ben goes naywhere its going to be Oakland. They have other draft necessities and Ben is an established QB.

• I look at broader trends....and of course they dont always play out that way. But I can think of several rookie coaches who made serious hay in their rookie seasons and then had to go through some learning. Sean Payton and Jim Haslett come to mind just from my recent experience. Mike Smith.

Jets do play an old-school style of football that isn't dependent on the passing game. They play in a tough division, save Buffalo. We'll see...

• Let's talk first round though.

Who do you want for your team?

Rock: Earl Thomas is going to be a helluva player. You better hope JerJo doesn't reach for the profect Bruce Campbell, which could happen.

GV: I hear rumblings Giants might go RB in the first.

The semi-realistic player I have in mind for NO waaay down at #32 because we are the WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS is OLB Sean Weatherspoon from Mizzou. Super dream pie-in-the-sky player would be Sergio Kindle.