Post an out of stlye hihop clothing cie

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I'm just wondering if/when "the sag" will ever end. It seems to only have gotten worse. I see these emo/hipster/whateverthefuckyoucallthemnow kids with women's jeans on that are skin tight around the ankles with the crotch around the knees. I feel embarrassed for people when I see that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Clarks is in

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
    Walker Wear / Ruuff / Pelle Pelle /

I guess if you listen to that Wu-Wear song, pretty much everything in there

Shabazz Borthers

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Shabazz Brothers

(and a few others)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,084 Posts
    At the college I attend, there are nothing but girls who wear eyesore sex kitten shirts way too small for them and men who wear neon, 80s revival tees way too large for them. I'm no fashion plate either and I couldn't give a fuck about what people drape over their naturally self-conscious buttnaked selves, but...damn, don't any of you kids look in the mirror before you leave the house?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Remember the Ecko Lyricist Lounge mixtapes from around 96? Those ruled.

Ecko has a store in one of the local Chicago-area malls. I don't remember which one (could be an outlet) but it was definitely a stand-alone store. I did not peruse.

Always did like Mecca -- their designs were fairly simple, classic stuff.

P.S. Somewhere, deep in the archives, I had a pair of Ecko cargo pants back when it was still spelled "Echo."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I saw someone with a Triple 5 Soul bag the other week - they fell clean off the earth didn't they?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    someone just go ahead post the Rza verse from "Wu Wear" and we can be done with this thread.

Clarks are timeless

I saw someone with a Triple 5 Soul bag the other week - they fell clean off the earth didn't they?

no they still make jackets; I saw one at macy's a couple yrs ago. nice jacket actually.

• I'm just wondering if/when "the sag" will ever end. It seems to only have gotten worse. I see these emo/hipster/whateverthefuckyoucallthemnow kids with women's jeans on that are skin tight around the ankles with the crotch around the knees. I feel embarrassed for people when I see that.

i've been wondering the same thing. when i got detention for doing it 20-someodd years ago i never imagined it would still be around in 2010.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

P.S. Somewhere, deep in the archives, I had a pair of Ecko cargo pants back when it was still spelled "Echo."

Did you guys have the discount version, Exco, in the States, too?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Not a clothing brand as such but twenty years ago, you could throw a stone over your shoulder and hit half a dozen dudes wearing one of these.

Hmm, I don't recall.

Another brand that does come to mind is Spiewak. They had a lot of hip-hop inspired fits for a while, in addition to the longstanding lines of classic, commerical and uniforms. I had a pea coat that's at least eight years old, and it's held up great.

I'm just wondering if/when "the sag" will ever end. It seems to only have gotten worse. I see these emo/hipster/whateverthefuckyoucallthemnow kids with women's jeans on that are skin tight around the ankles with the crotch around the knees. I feel embarrassed for people when I see that.

i've been wondering the same thing. when i got detention for doing it 20-someodd years ago i never imagined it would still be around in 2010.

Its time will come sooner or later. There are only so many things you can do with pants. At some point, high-water or hip-huggers will have to come back, even amongst the directionless youth.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

i meant to ask the same question

the people that still wear this are the ones that keep these ''fresh gears/thug wear'' stores alive here in Qc

oddly engouh if you are a terrible qu?b?cois hiphop act your provincial tour shcedule consints of various mall shows in these outlets but that warrants a thread of its own

• I'm just wondering if/when "the sag" will ever end. It seems to only have gotten worse. I see these emo/hipster/whateverthefuckyoucallthemnow kids with women's jeans on that are skin tight around the ankles with the crotch around the knees. I feel embarrassed for people when I see that.

Its time will come sooner or later. There are only so many things you can do with pants. At some point, high-water or hip-huggers will have to come back, even amongst the directionless youth.

perhaps it has come full circle. considering how snug the average pair of levis was in the late-80s--it would be a few years before i embraced the concept of over-sized pants--i probably looked not unlike the tight-pants kids who are doing it today.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

perhaps it has come full circle. considering how snug the average pair of levis was in the late-80s--it would be a few years before i embraced the concept of over-sized pants--i probably looked not unlike the tight-pants kids who are doing it today.

Its the "20 year Sag" phenomenon.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Hmm, I don't recall.

Another brand that does come to mind is Spiewak. They had a lot of hip-hop inspired fits for a while, in addition to the longstanding lines of classic, commerical and uniforms. I had a pea coat that's at least eight years old, and it's held up great.

Spiewak is different in that it's more like Carhartt or Dickies - an industrial clothing brand that was adopted by hip-hoppers, and whose marketing people were savvy enough to recognise the benefit of targeting that market.

I still have a reversible Spiewak goose-down jacket that I bought in '97 which is only just beginning to lose its shape, and if the peacoat I bought a couple of years ago holds up as well, I won't be mad at all.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Its the "20 year Sag" phenomenon.
    sad news. already happening.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    tommy hillllll....

like it never existed....

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Some of the worst shit I've ever seen was those trompe l'oeil jeans that had a regular, non-sagging waist, but then had an extra seam creating a downward parabola over the ass, with everything above the extra seam dyed some solid color (to look like underwear) and everything below it just regular denim. The selling point was supposed to be that you could wear these bullshits hiked up to your regular waistline but still seem--from a moderate distance--to be "rocking The Sag." They were truly an abomination.

I was sure that they'd been lost to the sands of time, and hopful that they'd never actually made it off of the pages of The Source to sully the real world. But then--in a sighting as appalling as it was inevitable--I saw someone wearing some at Taste Of Chicago a few years back. Lower-middle-aged black dude rocking 'em with some family-reunion t-shirt, a McDonald's(!) ballcap, and a waxed bag full of some beer-battered something, just walking around out in the open like that, like shit's all good in some fake-sag jeans in two-thousand-and-five. I almost called security.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ed Hardy is tryin to hang in there w/ some subway billboards.

• Clarks are timeless, man. I still rock Wallys and desert boots.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    for the longest time I thought the line in the song went "Rockin' Wu-wear, the latest in police uniforms".

I thought that was odd.

only lately did I realize he was saying "fleece uniforms".

• Clarks is in

And all of his clothing, except of course the Clarks, will belong in this thread next year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I havent seen Clarks on the street in a long minute.

But I agree that they are Classic.