Do You Like LOX?

2»

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Can you f*ckers not ever just eat something simply prepared and fresh?

I make almost all of my own food from scratch. The fish taco is actually rare instance where I simply could not replicate the flavor of the fish tacos I had in San Diego without using the ranch dressing.

Breakfast today: flax and fiber toast and a glass of low-sodium V8
    Lunch: roasted vegetables, sauteed kale, spiced salmon
    Dinner: probably chicken tacos with salsa fresca, cabbage, and hot sauce

b/w

You Brits have no place talking about food. Seriously.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I thought he was being sarcastic!

I never have salsa out of a jar anymore. It's no thing at all to make your own and totally worth the 20 minutes it takes to do it.
    Tacos are some of the easiest and freshest things you can make. Most of it is fresh vegetables!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Can you f*ckers not ever just eat something simply prepared and fresh?

I make almost all of my own food from scratch. The fish taco is actually rare instance where I simply could not replicate the flavor of the fish tacos I had in San Diego without using the ranch dressing.

Breakfast today: flax and fiber toast and a glass of low-sodium V8
    Lunch: roasted vegetables, sauteed kale, spiced salmon
    Dinner: probably chicken tacos with salsa fresca, cabbage, and hot sauce

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    FOUR BILLS A MONTH ON TACO DECORATIONS

You Brits have no place talking about food. Seriously.

You're just envious to an absurd degree of our culinary mindset.

Breakfast today: a tall latte
    Lunch: Fishfinger sandwich w/ HP Sauce
    Dinner: whatever's put on the f*cking table tonight

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    FOUR BILLS A MONTH ON TACO DECORATIONS

I MAKE IT RAIN IN THE PRODUCE AISLE

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Hey guyz, lets take a perfectly good lox thread and talk about fish tacos and what we ate today!

And Cooper, ranch dressing?! I might have to officially revoke your culinary credentials.

Hey guyz, lets take a perfectly good lox thread and talk about fish tacos and what we ate today!

And Cooper, ranch dressing?! I might have to officially revoke your culinary credentials.

I freestyle in this bitch. R******. You know that. And hey ? I'm not proud of the ranch dressing. I actually got that tip from the chef at The Tin Fish in San Diego when I asked why couldn't get my fish tacos to have that same pop. I was messing with all manner of fat free sour cream/cilantro/lime juice combos, but to no avail.

Anyway........lox. Yeah, I'll fox with it. But I don't do bagels much anymore (empty carbs-related) so I don't often get down like that these days.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Haha, I know you're thorough with yours!

Back on track!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Greengrass game over.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Oh hell yeah.

One of my favourite foodstuffs. If I decide not to go out, i always buy some to keep me company at home. Capers, capers, capers.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Just a quick aside - caper berries are waaaay better than capers.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Lox and goat cheese makes for an amazing omelette

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    For a long time I thought capers = juniper berries. I edumacated myself a few months ago and now I know. I'm not really a huge caper fan to begin with...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Just a quick aside - caper berries are waaaay better than capers.

Capers are the tiny buds of the caper flower. I doubt people would go through the trouble of picking them if the berries would be better...

Capers have a much stronger aroma than caper berries which are great with italian cold cuts and cheese but I wouldn't substitute them for capers on a lox sandwich or in any recipe that comes to mind like Vitello Tonnato, a Headcheese Salad or K?nigsberger Klopse... hmmmm...