Weekend Finds

1235»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What is that "Almost Heaven" LP like??

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    It's from here (B-more). Notre Dame put it out. It's pretty funky. It's mostly covers but real good ones. "Killing me softly", "Waterloo", "Black & White". This is like the 3rd copy I found in the past 2 months. I was surprised how decent it actually is.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i see a couple people caught "heaven right here on earth"...real nice record

some of the last two weeks highlights. jazzy bonanza:

damn, good ones!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Here's a New Zealand private modern soul Gospel kinda cut that I found earlier today

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    This weekends finds are a combination of cashed in MVE vouchers and from a small local fair today:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Was gutted that I didn't make it to the actual concert (especially after hearing everyone rave about the attractiveness of the violinists!) so this is the next best thing. Double LP with DVD of show limited to 1000.

Nice to get a copy of this Numero comp that I missed first time around, great island funk.

Great Houston Person LP with a version of Sissy Strut amongst other things.

Euro Big Band funky jazz

A cheap spare of this scat classic!

One 45, don't know anything about this one but I like it. Can anyone give me any details?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^

wow, a record with BOTH of the dudes that fall into the "grab the record if they are producer/arranger, but dont bother if they are the artist" rule

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    haha, too true. although Andre has some OK singles under
    his own name from the late 60's (and his late 50's shit is unfukwitable - "Jail Bait" rules all!)

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Just got rid of "Get Outta My Way!" His other LPs are actually good?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Hit another Goodwill a few hours ago.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hit another Goodwill a few hours ago.

Hey Breez,

I took some slices from that Earl Grant LPs some years ago, and chopped drums from "Cosmo's Factory." Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    [
    Hey Breez,

I took some slices from that Earl Grant LPs some years ago, and chopped drums from Cosmo's Factory. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I feel you, thanx. I've had many Cosmo's Factory's before but this one is A LOT louder than any other. It has all the signs of being a foreign pressing (flimsy cover, very bright crisp label & very thin vinyl) but it says the .U.S. Oh well!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    [
    Hey Breez,

I took some slices from that Earl Grant LPs some years ago, and chopped drums from Cosmo's Factory. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I feel you, thanx. I've had many Cosmo's Factory's before but this one is A LOT louder than any other. It has all the signs of being a foreign pressing (flimsy cover, very bright crisp label & very thin vinyl) but it says the .U.S. Oh well!

Hey Breez,

It's funny you mentioned the volume issue, because I did have to turn my input volume real high to sample drums from the LP. Fortunately, I was able to filter out the extra input noise that can result. Still, it's a great album poor gain or not.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

"Cosmo's Factory."

Still, it's a great album poor gain or not.

Yessir!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

Just got rid of "Get Outta My Way!" His other LPs are actually good?

you want "the real thing":

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Slim pickins, but the Grass is Always Greener/ Josie's Castle OST has some funky stuff on there. Private press, too

http://www.divshare.com/download/11168285-1aa

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    "Mariluna" on that Narcisho is a nice song.

"Mariluna" on that Narcisho is a nice song.

The horns are

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I've seen that Swing to Fitness before. Is it anything on it?

I've seen that Swing to Fitness before. Is it anything on it?

Pretty sure Cut Chemist used this on some mix:

There's a few other nice open breaks on the LP, too.

• zlatorogzlatorog 66 Posts

scored a mint copy of Bitches Brew for $.50 at Goodwill today. haven't listened to any Miles in quite a long time.

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    Hit up the usual spots this weekend (Goodwill, Savers, Salv. Army), plus found a new store ran by the same guy who owned a store that shut down when I was 17.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    bike ride in the San Juan Islands:

best "you can throw up your tent in my yard after the party" setup of my entire life AKA get on my clifftoplevel AKA callin bluffs:

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    wow.

Im jealous and hungry now

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    That Bill Black surprised the hell out of me. It holds some heat!