Weekend Finds

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Found a new spot in my neighborhood that's pretty well hidden. I believe it's only been open for a few months.These are what I found there today for $1 each.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Each were $3 or less:

Lucho Bermudez is straight

Gaylords of Dominica has a nice deep island funk tune that I will rip and post soon!
    Too bad the cover is wrecked.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Gaylords of Dominica has a nice deep island funk tune that I will rip and post soon!
    Too bad the cover is wrecked.

"Wicked World Outside"

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Willie Neal Johnson and the Gospel Keynotes - Ain't No Stopping Us Now (We're on the Move).

• mannix, gordon;s war and buster williams are dupes on the trading block...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Couple things from the beatswapmeet in LA this afternoon.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Beatswapmeet was crazy! My first time going so I didn't know what to expect and mostly, shit was *LOUD*. And then when Awol One started rhyming about being a dinosaur, I knew I was too old for that scene.

But, on the positive side, met up with Steve Kader from SD and copped this quartet:

The Costanzo has been a small white whale of mine for probably close to two years. Very rarely shows for whatever reason.

And in terms of mailbox finds, this quartet of Latin joints have all been from recent weeks.

The Marin/Latin Chords is sealed. I might keep it that way until the next time I get a chance to build with Bobby and get him to sign it.

The Ray Terrace I finally got on the cheap; I'm always surprised at how high it goes. I think the version of "Manteca" on there is aces but otherwise, it's not really that great of a boogaloo LP.

And I copped one of FunkYou!'s sealed Los Parajos' LPs. I like this a lot, partially b/c it's a rare Latin soul LP feat. female singers. I'm surprised FunkYou isn't moving these for more than 9.99.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    Long time since I've done this. Went to a lot of flea markets + some record stores saturday. All of the records were $1-$2, except Weldon Irvine which was $25 and in close to mint condition.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

I found these for really good prices at a local store, all originals except for the Bo Diddley, which is a french pressing. The Asahi was an ebay bargain, but is actually not really that good imo.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Naakt over de Schutting and Frits Kaatee are doubles so holler if you wanna trade.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    This is like all of your friends getting laid while all you get is a kiss from the ugly chick.

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    This is like all of your friends getting laid while all you get a is kiss from the ugly chick.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I haven't been digging in over a week and these finds you guys have is getting me real itchy. Yall found some great stuff!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This is like all of your friends getting laid while all you get is a kiss from the ugly chick.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I saw that a crusty/moldy OG Trinidad pressing of this Bro. Valentino has gone for $200, but can I get a on the US pressing?

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts

from a local record sale...the salsoul 12 is Gaz- sing sing

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

definitely, its been crazy dry in my parts for close to 2 weeks now

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that's what she said

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm gonna make it so dry for you

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hahahaaa, do you like blowjobs???!!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    More like late mid-week finds but I didn't wanna start a new one...
    Today was a pretty sweet day!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    the high lights of the last weeks

some hardware

and some 45s

some dopples and tripples so holler

Jef that Faces of Funk on Programme looks RAD.

One of my favourite libraries is on that label, Ad-Version Therapy.

Any chance of selected track rips? Or is it shite?

i can do so sir
    let me work on that

b/w
    that one came out of a collection from andre van duin

green melancholia
    mother wouldnt like it
    tape worm

i love these classic radio commercials

i can do so sir
    let me work on that

b/w
    that one came out of a collection from andre van duin

green melancholia
    mother wouldnt like it
    tape worm

Thanks Jef

Not brilliant but definitely do-able. I'd cop.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

one of a few from Wednesday.

Has Jacques Brel got any heat?

if you see this 45 les F
    or the lp with the same cover
    pick it up

and for the rest of the classic chanteurs
    leo ferre and jean ferrat have their

• @ Fej
    I like that Arsenal.
    That Tsvety has a wicked awesome tune on it too. Thats ill you have the picture sleeve.

Today I bought:

One Way "Who's Fooling Who?"

Great cover, and 2 good songs: "Cutie Pie" is a zapp-esque 80's funky song and "Running Away" is a good smoothed out ballad

does anyone know if there is a 12" of "Cutie Pie"? Thats the kind of cut I love to have on 12".