1st Vinyl You Ever Bought

13»

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Craziest shit to me is that I absolutely loved Kiss, but it's not because I liked their music, which I found a little too scary or something when I was a kid. But maybe I loved them cause they seemed like real-live super heroes or something. I do remember that all us kids used to "choose" which Kiss member we would be. I always chose Peter Kriss for some reason. Seems really lame in retrospect hahah... At least I wasn't the f*cking Starchild.

Mystique will git'cha every time. IMO

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    but the starchild rules!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    grandmixer d.st. "crazy cuts" 12
    house of music @ ala moana shopping center, honolulu, hi
    we had a good collection of music in our family, but i was the only one who liked rap. so i bought that shit with the money i got from my uncle for slangin weed.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    1) one for the treble - davy dmx
    2) 1984
    3) uh, i think it was musicland in the alderwood mall, lynnwood wa.
    4) cause it wasn't on tape

• minimini 879 Posts
    Kiss: Destroyer
    1982 (six years old)

• 1) Viva Chicago: Bollweevils / 88 Fingers Louie split 7"
    2) 1995
    3) Dummyroom (punk rock shop, Chicago)
    4) Was visiting Chicago and my dad was willing to drive me across town to check out the store (first experience at a boutique shop). Later that night, he took me to my first punk rock show at the Fireside Bowl. In hindsight, I was a pretty lucky 13 year old kid.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    mj- bad

when it dropped

free record shop (nowadays record free shop)

to be the coolest kid in the class. being the only one buying records.

• I am impressed by you guys who remember your first vinyl. This is very hard for me to remember that. When I was a child, i was already way into records. My first record was a 7inch but which one?? I do not know... My first LP was probably MJ Thriller, when it was released.

It is much more easier for me to remember the first vinyl bought in my first record fair, in 1993. This was a Mario Castro Neves LP, followed by Bohanon "Stop & Go", both in the first crate i dug. Nice memories of a time when you could find good stuffs in the record fair with no stress !

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

It is much more easier for me to remember the first vinyl bought in my first record fair, in 1993. This was a Mario Castro Neves LP, followed by Bohanon "Stop & Go", both in the first crate i dug. Nice memories of a time when you could find good stuffs in the record fair with no stress !

"Stop and Go" was the first record I bought at a show, too. Along with "Shaft in Africa" & "Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song", in either '92 or '93.

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    1) Posse's on Broadway 7-inch by Sir Mix-A-Lot
    2) 1987?
    3) Harmony House in Westland, Michigan
    4) Because the tape was slightly more expensive, and my Dad convinced me that I could always record it to cassette. Actually it was my first grip-n-flip too, I sold it to my friend Mike May a week later after recording it.

• Either RUN DMC s/t or the Beat Street vol. 1 sound track

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Craziest shit to me is that I absolutely loved Kiss, but it's not because I liked their music, which I found a little too scary or something when I was a kid. But maybe I loved them cause they seemed like real-live super heroes or something. I do remember that all us kids used to "choose" which Kiss member we would be. I always chose Peter Kriss for some reason. Seems really lame in retrospect hahah... At least I wasn't the f*cking Starchild.

Haha! Same. I had all the posters but didn't even know the music. My parents took them down when I had a nightmare although it was actually a Star Wars poster that gave me the bad dream.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    oops, gotta change mine, just remembered

van halen - diver down
    columbia house record club
    cause it was only a penny!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here goes:

1) name of the record: "Fly, Robin, Fly"-Silver Convention

2) year you bought your 1st record: 1974

3) store you bought it from (include city and state): Doc's Shop, Aberbeen, Maryland

4) optional: why you decided to buy vinyl that day: I was at Doc's Shop with my dad. I heard the song on the radio while on the way to the store, so I asked the clerk did they have the 45. They did. I also bought "Sex Machine" by James Brown that day too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Hey,

Here goes:

1) name of the record: "Fly, Robin, Fly"-Silver Convention

2) year you bought your 1st record: 1974

3) store you bought it from (include city and state): Doc's Shop, Aberbeen, Maryland

4) optional: why you decided to buy vinyl that day: I was at Doc's Shop with my dad. I heard the song on the radio while on the way to the store, so I asked the clerk did they have the 45. They did. I also bought "Sex Machine" by James Brown that day too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It was probably '75. I only know that because I was born in Dec. 7th 1975, and that's the song that was number one on that day. Good Song.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Rick James "Street Songs"
    1983?
    Some record store on 24th and Union Seattle, WA
    My dad took me to the record store and bought me a record because I didn't cry at the dentist.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    My first wasn't music it was Bill Cosby's greatest hits. I was about 7 so it would have been '82. Bought at Sam the Record Man. I brought it home and almost peed myself laughing, the football game always got me going.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    First trip to the record store after getting my first set of turntables

Redman - time 4 sum aksion
    funkdoobiest - bow wow wow

Still have the redman

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Oye --

1) Smiff n Wessun - "Wrekonize" 12"
    2) 1997
    3) Beat Non Stop on Melrose....I think?
    4) think the remix was only available on 12"...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    This, when it came out...

... in Germany

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Barjesus,

Actually, the single dropped originally in 1974.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    40 funky hits
    bought it from tv
    i needed that shit

**still have it for some reason

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    pac man fever
    not sure, but I was pretty young
    Peaches on 45th in Seattle
    video games were hot

• 1. Run DMC s/t
    2. 1984
    3. Rainbow Records, Providence, RI
    4. My cousin who is 8 years older than me put me onto it. I was only 7 years old at the time so my mother actually purchased it for me.

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    bring da ruckus -a loud story

virgin records vienna, austria

was looking for enter the wu tang but they only had this...then went home and trashed by scratching everyday on my hifi turntable
    i dont remember if i actually threw this away or gave it to someone

• AlbertAlbert 26 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQpEgKYKyns

1985 in Poland

BACK STAGE PASS, UK punk comp

The most intriguing cover at the local vinyl store in Poland.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    1) DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper
    2) 1988
    3) AAFES, Patrick AFB, FL
    4) I thought my dad's (and to a lesser extent, older sister's) records were cool, I just started earning an allowance which I saved up (about 7 years old), and Parents Just Don't Understand was big at the time.