TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Ha, I was actually just thinking about The Word and Amanda's little brother's contribution in particular. I'm racking my tired and confused brain and the only Nationwide advert I can remember are those "hilarious" Smith & Jones contributions?

Can't find the ad but it was Amanda in vintage levi's I think.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts

Never vote Tory.

Are Stutters voting Clegg?

Seems with how well he came on since the first debate your papers have changed to attack ads.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    A posters comment on Reddit about one of the papers above.

Soupstorm

"I think with that "Wobble Democrat" comment, The Sun has just handed Clegg the dubstep demographic."

Never vote Tory.

Are Stutters voting Clegg?

Seems with how well he came on since the first debate your papers have changed to attack ads.

Well, I won't be voting for him, but it's clear from the headlines above that the traditionally pro-Conservative UK press are completely shitting themselves at the possibility of all those Tory/Lib Dem marginals going the wrong way for Call-Me-Dave.

It's hilarious - they thought they had it in the bag, and they've completely misjudged the public mood. In this country, Twitter has been one long pisstake at the expense of these headlines today. A friend was at a wedding over the w/e, and there were a few Tory Central Office types on their phones all day frantically trying to firefight the whole thing. He said it was like seeing Lionel Messi get nutmegged by a kid in a wheelchair.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    my two young boys squabbling at bathtime...

Oh Gordon you ole joker.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "Iwent for a run this morning with someone who just got back from Afganistan".

No you didnt Cameron you cunt.

"I've been to Afghanistan a few times. Every time you're blown away"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Watching now.

Sigh Gordon's "off the cuff" jokes are almost too painful to watch.

Appreciate Clegg describing right wing European coalition as a bunch of nutters.

So far Cameron still looks like a cunt.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The Toff and the Twerp tried to put the boot in on Cleggy but the lad is Teflon right now.

Go Nicky, go Nicky, go Nicky

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    go nicky, it's your birthday.

hey i fancy pub lunch whose in

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    According to the BBC, Cameron 'won' mainly 'cos he kept saying "...when I am Prime Minister."

I thought Clegg handled it well, certainly wasn't phased by Dave & Gordo.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    No can do, have meetings 12 til 5

Next week I'm up for it.

ANYWAY. Stevie "Steven Gerrard" Me - so far, I've heard the following;

1/ He's off to Real Madrid in the summer. He'll win fuck-all there as well. His agent, on the other hand, will be fucking ecstatic.
    2/ He's got some 16-y-o pregnant. This story was doing the rounds before the last WC, iirc.
    3/ His missus is carrying on with someone else, supposedly a Derby County player (Kris Commons?). Last time, it was some local baddie.

So, all we need now is the story about him being found by the bizzies, passed out in the back of a motor with a big bag of coke by his side (which, of course, Liverpool are trying to keep out of the papers before moving him on in the summer, etc), and the one about gangsters threatening to kill his family if he leaves for another club, and we've got a full house.

Once upon a time, a "Gerrard to leave Anfield this summer" story would have bothered me, but I honestly can't remember when that was.

What's with this constant "Anti-America" crap that Brown keeps on trying to stick on Clegg? Bizarre.

Ah, Nicky boy has just picked up on it. Excellent.

The more I watch the more I think he's successful in these because he manages to hide his point scoring attacks far better than old one eye and bumface.

Oooh the Pope.

Working from home today Beatnick, please have at least one on me though.

ANYWAY. Stevie "Steven Gerrard" Me - so far, I've heard the following;

1/ He's off to Real Madrid in the summer. He'll win fuck-all there as well. His agent, on the other hand, will be fucking ecstatic.
    2/ He's got some 16-y-o pregnant. This story was doing the rounds before the last WC, iirc.
    3/ His missus is carrying on with someone else, supposedly a Derby County player (Kris Commons?). Last time, it was some local baddie.

So, all we need now is the story about him being found by the bizzies, passed out in the back of a motor with a big bag of coke by his side (which, of course, Liverpool are trying to keep out of the papers before moving him on in the summer, etc), and the one about gangsters threatening to kill his family if he leaves for another club, and we've got a full house.

Once upon a time, a "Gerrard to leave Anfield this summer" story would have bothered me, but I honestly can't remember when that was.

Or he could just beat the shit out of a random in a bar again........;)

Strange that, more than anyone else, it's "Don't call me Steven" Gerrard who's form has totally gone this season. I don't think he's been bad as such just a bit non existent. I'm kind of hoping this will actually be one of those strange situations where he goes to the WC without the normal level of expectation and actually starts changing international games again.

He's a fantastic player so it'd be shame to see him waste his career away at Real.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who now equates a move to Real Madrid with a waste of a career.

Yeah I think the balance of careers that have blossomed at Real to those that have faded into obscurity is somewhat heavily weighted towards the latter.

Here's something to cheer you up Doc

http://twitter.com/LucasLeiva21

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts

5-a-side game this morning. Stevie said he had to be 'captain of both teams'. He chose Jamie first who shouted 'GET IN'. I was last pick.

This is real, right?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,902 Posts
    Real as in real funny? Yes.

There's no way a Brazilian could understand Carra.

Yeah I think the balance of careers that have blossomed at Real to those that have faded into obscurity is somewhat heavily weighted towards the latter.

Yeah, I saw that earlier in the week. Very funny. I *heart* Lucas, even the real one.

Real as in real funny? Yes.

There's no way a Brazilian could understand Carra.

I'm a Scouser, and I have trouble sometimes. He's from Bootle, which is like Southern Comfort without the swamps and with an Ultimate Clubland donk-house soundtrack instead of Ry Cooder.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who now equates a move to Real Madrid with a waste of a career.

So you probably don't want to hear my theory about how England threw away their best ever chance of winning the World Cup because they would rather punish Macca for deserting the PL?

So you probably don't want to hear my theory about how England threw away their best ever chance of winning the World Cup because they would rather punish Macca for deserting the PL?

I think it would've taken more than McManaman, but was equally shortsighted not to form the team around him when he was one of the better midfielders in Europe, running tingz for Real...

I think it would've taken more than McManaman

Goal up against Brazil in the 1/4 finals - what more are we waiting for?!

http://refpls.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/daily-mail-rigs-poll/

The second prime ministerial debate hit our screens last night and, once again, the right wing media goes into overdrive to make David Cameron look like he performed better than he did. Putting aside the clear bias that Sky News were pushing themselves, the Daily Mail decided it wasn?t particularly happy with the opposition its own readers took towards its editorial stance (again).

The lead article on the Mail?s homepage is, unsurprisingly, complete crap. What?s interesting, however, is their claim that the MailOnline reaction poll to the second debate shows Cameron as having a seven point lead. As a meaningful reflection on the public?s voting intention polls like this are pretty useless, but that didn?t stop the Mail?s web team from doing their damn hardest to make Dave come out on top.

This is the poll which is currently linked to from both the article on the debate and the Mail?s homepage. Funny though, that the original poll running on the Mail?s website showed a huge advantage for Nick Clegg. Could it be that the Mail?s web team didn?t like the way the poll was heading, and so promptly yanked it starting afresh? Yes, yes it could.

Becks playing at 50% fitness, Scholes wheezing with asthma, David Seaman's positional sense about as kosher as his tache+pony tail combo...
    we needed Rooney!

Becks playing at 50% fitness, Scholes wheezing with asthma, David Seaman's positional sense about as kosher as his tache+pony tail combo...
    we needed Rooney!

Thing about the English born Manure kids is that they weren't really the ones who won the big games for Fergie... sure, they could slog it out for 80 games without a sicknote, but Fergie was positively in love with Keane and Cantona for a reason.

Goal up against Brazil, what do you do? You want some cunt like an Inzaghi brother being a goalhanger and people with skills in the midfield. Rooney would have been lost.

Seaman, well, what can you say. Maybe him and James had psychological problems due to Nicky Butt being the most-hyped midfielder in front of them.

Well, I hated the cunt myself when he did that. Not because he left us for Real, because he'd never have won jack-shit with that Liverpool team, but because he dicked us around for two seasons so he could leave on a Bosman. Roy Evans should have stuck him on the transfer list the moment he refused to sign a new contract, but he was far too soft and avuncular to go in on McManaman. He was quick enough to send Danny Murphy back to Crewe when it came out that Murphy was tapping his daughter, though...

But I digress. Macca was a fine player and certainly deserved a greater role in that England side, but his departure from Anfield left such a bad taste in my mouth, I could never feel much sympathy for him.

I am confused about UK politics.

When everyone starts to like the LibDems, doesn't that mean they are about to vote Tory?