TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

f*cking answer questions with an example thing is becoming very tedious and only 20 minutes in.

You are going to spend the next hour being very annoyed indeed then. This was Cameron's main ploy.

"When I was in Hull recently..."
    "There was a case in Manchester...."

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    See Paddy Backdown is hailing his boy Nick Clegg.

I don't really see what was so memorable about his performance other than he's not Gordon or Cameron.

Yeah but surely this is a victory in itself? Surprised about how totally ineffective Cameron is considering this is meant to be his biggest strength.

f*cking answer questions with an example thing is becoming very tedious and only 20 minutes in.

You are going to spend the next hour being very annoyed indeed then. This was Cameron's main ploy.

"When I was in Hull recently..."
    "There was a case in Manchester...."

LOL i should have done debate bingo on this with a list of regions to be crossed out. Kind of depressing how little this stuff has progressed in the last twenty odd years.

LOL at Gordon Brown's smile.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    See Paddy Backdown is hailing his boy Nick Clegg.

I don't really see what was so memorable about his performance other than he's not Gordon or Cameron.

It worked for Obama.

Would like to see some electoral reform & PR introduced, if the Lib Dems won it but then decided against PR as it gives them House Majority, I'd actually laugh. And then cry.

MOke, can you convert this into a facepalm? I have a feeling it will come in useful...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Didn't watch it.

Do people really believe one lot are better than the other nowadays, even after watching members of all parties out-hustle each other to feed at the golden trough of expenses, whilst their learned policies brought about global financial meltdown for the likes of us?

Surely, even a man with the moral fibre of a hybrid of Kwai Chang Caine (offa Kung Fu)/Ghandi/MLK/Michael Knight will only be allowed to make so much noise before the old boy network has a word.

Being good on telly not ideal preparation for making well-considered decisions to deploy troops or staring-out Euroman/Armani-clad middle-eastern slimeball politicians at the table etc. Churchill would nevarr come with the over-animated telly-face.

Greys/Lizards running tings pon di top, any road.

Gonna voat for who looks best placed to give my kids the best chance (AKA Pissing In Teh Wind)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    So Clegg did well eh? Good to hear. Vince Cable merk'd the 'other two' in the previous debate also.
    Shame the majority of people are far too sheepish to actually vote for them, 'wasted vote' related. Do the LibDems even have enough candidates to win? Can't see them getting the serious backing of TheSun et al tho.

One of the greatest strengths of the LibDems lies in the fact they are, never going to win. Keeps down the numbers of chancers and power hungry cnuts, that the other two parties seem to be rife with.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

I like the way he loses his nerve the second time "I HA[/b]-te ice...land"

Q for MOke, Beatnik, anyone else:

I've been trying to get a decent WAV from records, but get a feeling my set-up doesn't cut it as the results sound frustratingly 'muddy', which is a shame as the loops & beats seem quite promising.

I'm using some bog standard Stanton needles & carts (prob haven't replaced the carts in a looooong time actually).

Running that into a Vestax 07 Pro, and out through a 24 bit Soundblaster Live soundcard, into laptop.

Having read through some of the Audio Gear threads that O-Dub had started, it doesn't look like there's a quick or cheap[/b] fix. How important are the cartridges?
    If I can't be arsed to fork out for an amazing home set-up, does anybody know if 'traditional' recording studios ever offer vynil digitising? Would you be able to rock up with a bag of records and a laptop, and use some pro equipment or something?

In the long run, is it best just to properly kit out my home set-up?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Frustrating isn't it. The world of the audiophile is a scary one imo.

I would compare the quality from source, plug your headphones into your Vestax and listen to the record playing. Then switch to the recording of the record on your laptop, using the same headphones.
    The digitizing process is most likely where you'll find the deterioration in quality occurs.

How new is your sound card? I have a SoundBlaster Audigy soundcard on my PC, that's now nearly 10 years old, that does a better job of digitizing than my brand new MacBook. So you should be able to get a quality PC sound card for fairly cheap.

It can't hurt to have a decent quality home needle&cart, as long as you're careful with it, it should last, so it's a good investment (your records will also thank you for it) but I wouldn't go over board when buying one.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    i would get a concorde cartridge or something similiar for blazing downtempo, or a shure for boombap sounds, and a echo soundcard (should be around 70-80 pounds 2nd hand) if ur on a laptop. i believe both your soundcard and cartridge are the thiefs here. make sure to record in 44,1 and not 48 unless youre recording for a dvd.

Will buy a new needle & cart just for recording as that has to help. Not sure I've changed the carts in 10+ years

I was given the soundcard, it's not that new, but apparently it can digitise at a high quality rate. Should maybe buy a decent phono-to-jack lead to plug into the soundcard in case that helps... currently using a bog-standard thin black jobee with the red & white plugs.

Cheers for the advice!

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    i dont think the cables would make a noticable difference. unless you have really long low quality ones you should be ok. the soundcard would make the biggest difference, soundblasters are noisy, which makes things harder when working with beats.

I'll investigate about the soundcard. My mate gave it to me after I bought one that wasn't compatible with my laptop (something about no external bus port or some technical guff). He says he's just bought a new one himself, might have to see if I can borrow it for a quick digitising session if a new needle + cart doesn't make enough difference.

i would get a concorde cartridge or something similiar for blazing downtempo, or a shure for boombap sounds,

What's the best for just general good quality? Shure for boombap - does it pick low-end better or something?

My Audacity settings:

Sample rate: 44100Hz

Sample Format: 24bit

Real-time sample rate converter: High-Quality Sync Interpolation

High-Quality Sample Rate converter: High-Quality Sync Interpolation

Real-time dither: shaped (WTF does this mean?)

High Quality dither: shaped

FFT Size: 256

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/821990-laura-hall-given-drinking-banning-order-across-england-and-wales

My Limey friends, please tell me what offenses she was up to to get a 2 year drinking ban at age 20 in the UK. Y'all feed 12 year olds alcopops at school lunch dontcha? She musta been up to some batshit crazy stuff to earn that punishment...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ManPoo pulled it out at the last second

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• how toothless were city though...? crap result.

still, scholes proved he can still score...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    scholes stays on for another year
    yaarg

chelsea what have you done...i like spurs but...

And to think I almost turned the match off out of boredom when Arsenal went 2-0 up yesterday........

Wide open again though current form does have all the signs of Spurs finally breaking our bogey team hold on them.

And to think I almost turned the match off out of boredom when Arsenal went 2-0 up yesterday........

It was a highly entertaining last ten or so minutes that's for sure. Am still kind of bored of this season though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

New Blur

Despite having to fight the deep seated impulse to punch Damon in the face whenever I hear his mockney voice I rather like it.

I can see my teenage self shaking his head in disgust at me right now.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Eww, not for me.

I don't mind Damon so much. don't really like him as a singer, but he's had a pretty solid career spanning 20 odd years. you gotta respect that.