TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Thanks y'all.

Yes Duder, hopefully light, as in, with most drugs you can take varied amounts/strengths etc.

Senior, no offense at all.

-

Tonight is either going to be the greatest display of footballin' ever, or an orrible schooling. I'm getting too excited just typing about it..

ARSENE DOES NOT TEASE!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Can't wait for tonight but scared we're going to get destroyed. Gallas is back in the squad but I don't know if that means he'll start...surely an almost fit Gallas is better than a turtle's pace Campbell against them?

Enjoyed yesterday's game too, the one Chizzle already trying to dispel the rumours of Rooney's 2-4 week injury on Twitter suggests signs of panic. I was hoping for a draw on saturday but it looks unlikely with the goals Chelsea are scoring.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I will want to watch the whole thing tomorrow from home - are there any websites that would stream the entire match? I figure I might be able to NOT hear the result, and watch in peace & quiet once her majesty has gone to work.

Of course, if things go really bad, I may not want to watch it.

Surely the Manure fans here should have confidence that we'll get battered? I would expect some pre-match baiting. Cesc isn't that good anyway. Arsehavin only scores against the sh*t teams. Almunia couldn't catch a cold let alone a cross. Silvestre... Silvestre plays for Arsenal.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Enjoyed yesterday's game too, the one Chizzle already trying to dispel the rumours of Rooney's 2-4 week injury on Twitter suggests signs of panic.

I really should broaden my internet persona beyond obnoxious Man Ure fan one of these days.

This injury will no doubt be a lot worse now I mentioned it.

Duder: Ain't it on Gypsy TV anyway? Failing that, I recommend www.veetle.com . After installing a little plugin, go on the Channels page and the most popular ones are invariably football related.

Duder: Ain't it on Gypsy TV anyway? Failing that, I recommend Veetle. After installing a little plugin, go on the Channels page and the most popular ones are invariably football related.

Gypsy tv? What is this gypsy tv that you speak of?

I'll try the Veetle thing tomorrow, cheers.

ITV.

Sorry Duder. I misread your question, I doubt they'll have the full match to stream on demand. But in case you were wondering that's a great place to watch football matches live.

Cheers P.

http://newsfromireland.com/2010/01/irish...all-court-told/

BY KEVIN BRADY (newsfromireland.com)

(ROSCOMMON, IRELAND) A drunken unemployed plasterer who was found urinating on the French loaves section of a large supermarket in protest at the infamous handball incident in the France vs Ireland World Cup qualifier, was this week given a suspended sentence, fined and bound over to keep the peace.

Frances ?Smokie? Larkin, The Meadows, Killareagh, Co Roscommon pleaded guilty to the incident at Maher?s ValueStore supermarket, Killareagh, one week after the match which Ireland controversially drew after the French goal was deemed to have scored despite a blatant handball by French striker Thierry Henry.

Staff found the 46-year-old urinating on the Cuisine de France section of the bread shelves in Maher?s, shouting ?this will teach ye, ye cheating French bastards,? before he was taken away by local gardai.

Gardai Anthony Flanagan told the court that he had been called to the store at 11.15 on the morning of November 25.

?When I reached the shop, I was informed that Mr Larkin was causing a disturbance in the bread section and when I got there, he was urinating on the French bread section and stamping on a loaf. I later ascertained that the loaves were brioches, a sort of French bread.

?When he saw me, he tried to run away but I apprehended him and grabbed him by the arm. He said ?that?s for Thierry Henry, guard. If you have any pride in your country, you?ll let me go.

?Then he said ?that?ll teach them, the cheating French bastards.??

Addressing the court, Angela Roche, solicitor for the defendant said that her client had a problem with drink and that normally he was a placcid character.

?It is when he mixes alcohol with his passion for sport that he gets himself into situations like this,? she said.

She said that Mr Larkin had become quite agitated with the result of the World Cup match and had worn an ?I shot Thierry Henry? t-shirt that he had made up in a local t-shirt shop,? she said.

In evidence, Mr Larkin apologised to Mahers store and said that he ?had no axe to grind with them,? but that they had been caught up in what he said was ?friendly fire.?

He said that he wanted to make a grand gesture to show that the Irish were not going to take the controversial incident lying down.

?The French loaf is the symbol of France and so by doing what I did, I was standing up for Irish pride,? he said.

Mr Larkin had a previous conviction for setting fire to a tennis club shed in his teens, an incident from which he had earned the nickname Smokie.

In his summary, Judge Fergus O?Halloran said that what Mr Larkin had done was despicable and was also a threat to public hygiene.

?You did this without any thought to the consquences for the unfortunate shoppers who had to buy that bread.

?If it was in my power to recommend that you seek help for your alcohol addiction, I would do so and also suggest that you take some responsibility for your temper and inappropriate behaviour.

?We cannot have louts like yourself with half-baked ideas about national pride carrying out acts like this,? he said, before sentencing Larkin to six months in jail, suspended on condition he does not breach the peace for one year, fining ?500 and ordering him to pay ?1,000 to Michael Maher for the clean up of the bread shelf areas.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't think Chelsea will batter us on Saturday, we only ship goals aplenty if Torres or Tevez are tormenting us and Chelsea's big goal splurges were against Portsmouth and an entirely demoralised Villa team. I would be perfectly happy with a draw though taking into account the matches we have over the next week.

I've suffered enough personal pain to ever consider gloating over playing Barca, needless to say that, assuming we'll go through on Tuesday, I know who I'd prefer to face.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duder it's on ITV so you could record it.

Failing that, you can find a live stream here - http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=∂=sports&discipline=football

Or it will eventually be available for download, either from a torrent, or somewhere like here - http://www.fbtz.com/forum/

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

i am getting so nervous for today's game. only good thing about my broken leg is that i can "work" from home and watch them game.

trying to keep realistic here. all i am hoping for is my squad to play good ball and not make dumb mistakes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    almunia is beasting
    zlatan is choking

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    almunia is beasting
    zlatan is choking

barca should be like 3 up now. Arsenal players are dropping like flies too.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    and zlatan is back
    70-30 on possesion says all about this game
    and the next to be honest (injuries included)

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    holy shit ballz!!!! i didn't see that coming.

outplayed and still get a draw. ugly, but i will take it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    outplayed and still get a draw. ugly, but i will take it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that puyol call will hurt barca

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn, M0ke

Tough times, hope it's all good; you were missed

Am astonished that the game ended in a draw. Without tempting fate I will say that Barca with Zlatan does not seem to have the same edge as Barca with E'to.

Hell of a match.

I get the feeling that Arsenal fans will not be finding the star player injured in European match joke so amusing this morning.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Yes, great game to watch. HERO TIME for Arsene over there. Talmbout Walcott starting, Puyol suspended, attack, attack, attack, getting a quick 1-0 and then holding on.

Do it for the good of English (LOL, it's Arsenal) football.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Where you been then?

Long story.. (well maybe not that long)

Short version > Had pain in stomach > Went to doc. > Found out I have a tumor > Thought I was a gonna > Turns out it's a rare benign tumor that only affects 2 in a million.

Jeez. Even with the pain and inconvenience it's sure to bring, that still sounds like a stroke of luck. Get well soon and all that.

Hell of a match.

I managed to watch it!

I get the feeling that Arsenal fans will not be finding the star player injured in European match joke so amusing this morning.

We're used to seeing our best players get injured. I don't even get annoyed anymore, just resigned... but there's talk that Van Percy (remember him?) might be able to play the second leg. If only Ramsey was available to replace Cesc.

Talking points:

Barca opening 20 mins. Amazing pressure, but L'Arse kids had stage fright from the off, the whole squad seemed to be playing ultra-conservatively with one eye on where Messi was.

Almunia. Jehns Lehman was interviewed at half time and his backhanded compliment once again provided pure comedy: "I've never seen that from him before" had me LOLing. After a string of world-class saves, normal service was resumed in the second half.

Diaby. Pure waste. No pressing, no urgency, poor possession. Eboue. Good with the ball, an idle spectator whenever Barca had it. While Theo will get the plaudits for his contribution, the second half wasn't just about Barca getting complacent, it was about Denilson pressuring the midfield, but the press are all reading it as 'they got lazy'. Maybe they should have killed the game, but Walcott, Denilson & Nasri took the game to Barca, and even before the pen, it felt like we were finally finding our feet.

Where was Messi?

The penalty. On the one hand, a red card seemed harsh, on the other, regardless of intent, Puyol wasn't even making an attempt to play the ball.
    So it felt like a cheap way to get back into the game, but if Puyol hadn't run straight across Cesc as he went to shoot, we should've had the equaliser.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    What kind of a team lets a plodding donkey lightweight piece of balsa like Ibrahimovic score a brace?

Where was Messi?

See this was my argument last season (obviously before he scored against United in the final). I've never seen his league form transferred to the big matches in Europe but also suspect that a lot of his work is off the ball as he draws players out of position to allow the other midfielders to push forward.

I can't believe Arsenal allowed Zlatan to break his English duck. Twice. I still think Barca have issues that can be exploited, especially if Van Perci can come back with any sort of form. I actually felt a bit embarrassed for Bendtner last night with his header.

It was never a penalty but there you go. It's what you need in Europe. Rooting for the boys come Tuesday.

It was never a penalty but there you go. It's what you need in Europe. Rooting for the boys come Tuesday.
    IT WAS STONEWALL.

So why did Puyol decide to run into Fabregas at the crucial moment with zero attempt at playing the ball?

Also, amused that the press this morning has presented a 2-2 draw at home as a night of pride for Arsenal while United's last minute 2-1 loss away from home against a team who haven't lost in Europe since the mid nineties was presented as a night of woe and misery.

f*cking media.

IT WAS STONEWALL.

So why did Puyol decide to run into Fabregas at the crucial moment with zero attempt at playing the ball?
    An unexpected gust of wind blew his tangled and heavily lacquered locks in front of his eyes momentarily blinding and disorientating him?

Also, amused that the press this morning has presented a 2-2 draw at home as a night of pride for Arsenal while United's last minute 2-1 loss away from home against a team who haven't lost in Europe since the mid nineties was presented as a night of woe and misery.

f*cking media.

I think the difference is the expectation: Man U have been in tremendous form, they're the defending league champs of the EPL, and probably went into that game as (narrow) favourites, even in the German press. How short were the odds on Rooney scoring? An away goal is of course very good, but the knee-jerk reaction to seeing Rooney go down injured months before a WC triggers the very worst kind of de ja vu.

Ever since the draw was made, all of the media has picked up on the fact that defensively, Arsenal are very suspect, and they were facing the best attack in Europe, the best player in the world, the defending European Cup holders, so the expectation was that we'd be thrashed - and the way we played the first 60 minutes, Wenger obviously had a job at halftime convincing his own team that this wasn't necessarily the way it had to play out.

Watch the penalty replay. Cesc doesn't kick the back of Puyol's legs and fall over, his leg is trapped between Puyol's - obstruction. Like I said, if Puyol had been stretching to get the ball, I'd have said fair enough, an unfortunate tangle, but he's too far behind the ball & Cesc to have 'fair rights' to do this. imo.

b/w

All contact against Arsenal players in the box is STONEWALL PEN, unlike a Rooney dive

ROONEY UPDATE IN 15 f*cking MINUTES.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    lets hope he ain't scuppered.

Well that was a bit shit.

A spokesperson told ManUtd.com, ?We?re pleased to report that Wayne has not suffered a fracture. The scan revealed only minor ligament damage.?

For now, the club is not commenting on how many games Wayne is likely to miss. However, Sir Alex Ferguson will say more about the matter in his regular press conference at Carrington on Friday morning (09:30 BST).