TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Yes, S**v* is taking a couple of weeks off work to get to know son #6 (six).

6[/b].

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    It's not official til we've seen one of these

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I no longer know where one genre ends and another begins. Not sure if it has a wow factor but certainly not unpleasant.

I've plugged my laptop into the hifi to listen to it, and the bassline is very nice, but my major complaint with this, and most post-oldskool, would be that it doesn't brokk out at any point. If this had been made in '96, at soooome point in the song I would've expected to hear some amens drop in for a few seconds to add emphasis every few bars, an echo drop, and then some filtered funky mule underpinning the main half-time break after the reggae sample. In short it's good, but never really delivers.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I was missing the best part of the track or something. It definitely felt unfinished to my ears, like they'd set up the basic structure and then not played around with it enough. In the olden days there would at the very least be a club friendly remix coming out within a week that would solve that issue.

Funnily enough I asked a couple of friends who are still dnbers to recommend that good new shit the other week and they've started sending stuff through. Can't say any of it is quite doing it for me at the moment but I live in hope.

I would plead with you to go with the modern route for Skel, if for no other reason than to get more of his write ups on the sounds hitting his ears.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    My dudes

Opinions are sought on these random charity dig goodies from the last couple of weeks.

hilariously ramshackle and politically incorrect
    Pure unintentional parody, yes, but strangely moreish from this ex-Coconut.

there's a joke about his name but I can't remember it
    Really feeling this one.

Dudernip
    Apparently a Dutch Indonesian with English as possibly fourth language. Charming 'Vehicle' style soulful horn-rocker with breaks

Kid's fine blah blah blah.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

PIX! You keep such a lid on things I don't even remember which day the sprog dropped. Boy or girl? What's the name? Will he/she be a Gooner?

Feeling the label design, will encounter the vibes chez moi.

PIX! You keep such a lid on things I don't even remember which day the sprog dropped. Boy or girl? What's the name? Will he/she be a Gooner?

Boy # 6.

Went to the docs today about getting the supply line cut.

Now where's Beatnick? I have library chud for the boy.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    present. pm please skeletor

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7065824.ece

Vienna Boys? Choir caught up in sex abuse scandals

Roger Boyes[/b], Berlin Correspondent of The Times

Woowaa's got a much sweeter singing voice than I would have expected from such a dour scot. Rather liking the juxtaposition of the big band sound with his folky tremolo vocals and the final orchestral John Barry epic ending is a nice cherry on top. I'll actually be going further than chortling to myself when I see these in the future.

Dudernip
    Apparently a Dutch Indonesian with English as possibly fourth language. Charming 'Vehicle' style soulful horn-rocker with breaks

This is nice, very nice. I like this a lot.

Thanks for the feedback A*i. I sift through charity chud so you lot don't have to.

I have a few more in a week or so.

BTW, let's all laugh at West Ham.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Actually, if I had Bill Gates type money I'd be buying that club, giving Zola a ten year contract and letting him run the place into the ground. Money well spent.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

BTW, let's all laugh at West Ham.

BWAHAHAHAHA

This is simply a correction of the PL club colour wheel. Too many claret and sky blue kits in the PL. Hammers and Burnley must go down as a result. Villans are playing like they want to go down too.

Tevez FTW!

Tevez FTW!

I actually made a small silent prayer yesterday that Tevez would grab a hat trick and save me from another appalling week in the FPL. To my delight this reward of faith was granted. Citeh fans can therefore thank me for wasting my life's burning bush moment on a Wigan match.

Yet still I weep as I made CROUCH (c), the reasoning being that Spurs should have inflicted another 9-something Clausthallering upon poor Pompey.

The real Richard Dunne decides it's about now he reveals himself as the donkey City didn't have the heart to shoot.

Gah.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

who are the cats playin on this?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Brilliant!!!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Hey Nerds.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    What? No ManU talk? No Rooney injury gif reenactment? Did the crash put another nail in the SS coffin..

MOke!Long time no see.

All post match analysis is currently being conducted in the I called you up thread.

Where you been then?

Rooney's injury has come just in time to see if UTD really are a one man show or not, and unfortunately will probably hand the league to Chelsea.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Where you been then?

Long story.. (well maybe not that long)

Short version > Had pain in stomach > Went to doc. > Found out I have a tumor > Thought I was a gonna > Turns out it's a rare benign tumor that only affects 2 in a million.

God damn. And here I was thinking you'd been locked away in "the studio" sticking Arsenal players heads on to eighties movie clips in preparation for the matches against Barca. Apologies.

Good to hear it's benign, that's some heavy stuff to have to handle.

Special extra credit for not posting a thread about it on Soulstrut.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Special extra credit for not posting a thread about it on Soulstrut.

TBH that was the last thing on my mind. Contemplated just making some 'Oh my internet was down' type nonsense up just now. But I still have an operation coming up and maybe some light chemo, so I may disappear again and I wouldn't want you guys to forget about me completely.

Is there such a thing as light chemo? Sh*t, sorry to hear this, but good news on the benign front. Hope you make a full recovery dude.

I'm mainly gutted that I won't be able to watch the game tonight.

'Kin 'ell. See it off, matey. See the f*king thing off.

Brilliant!!!

why does this sound familiar?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/mar/25/plan-b-darkest-place

I'm thinking maybe so, maybe no.

Can't download it at work - any steaming option available? While not likely to make me run out and purchase his music I thought his previous song was an unexpected mix of pop cheese and RATM early nineties angst which was rather novel. Is this Maybe So in a good way or bad way?

Heard him on the radio. He hasn't got the voice for this. He tried covering a Smokey Robinson, had to go an octave lower, sounded predictably piss-poor in comparison. He should just form an indie band that raps the verses.

Yeah here's to a quick and full recovery. Rest assured that the other Brits have been working overtime on the United goading in your absence so your work is being continued.

Btw, apologies if the soulstrut post joke came across as bad taste, it was a lazy attack on the WWSSD posts.

So, predictions for tonight? Going on the assumption that we will overturn the result and go onwards and upwards I'm rooting for L'Arse to win against all odds.

Someone really really needs to have a word with Arsene about his Cesc teasing routine though, it's becoming extremely tedious.

why does this sound familiar?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/mar/25/plan-b-darkest-place

I'm thinking maybe so, maybe no.

Can't download it at work - any steaming option available? While not likely to make me run out and purchase his music I thought his previous song was an unexpected mix of pop cheese and RATM early nineties angst which was rather novel. Is this Maybe So in a good way or bad way?

Heard him on the radio. He hasn't got the voice for this. He tried covering a Smokey Robinson, had to go an octave lower, sounded predictably piss-poor in comparison. He should just form an indie band that raps the verses.

Forgot to say that I heard that Darkest Place song, it's a real mismash mess that doesn't pull it off leading me to believe that his previous single was a lucky fluke. His voice seems extremely reedy and lacking any sort of power - kind of like a pre balls dropped kiddie star.
    I think he's timed this move absolutely perfectly though, can't think of a time when the British public were more open to this rap/dance style music. Tasteless fuckers.