Your Favorite Hip-Hop Album

Comments

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    if i absolutely had to pick one...

• Kwest.
    Attached files

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    what's the story on chino these days? is he trying to be the next mr universe weight lifting champ, acting in movies or still rapping? i wish the dude would hook up with some good producers, cause he can be really deep even though people just think of him as punchline material, he demolished that tune nunca

• THIS IS MY JOINT!!!
    INCLUDING TRIBE CALLED QUEST-LOW END THEORY, BLACKSTAR,NAS-ILLMATIC,DE LA SOUL-IS DEAD,UMC'S,AND PETE ROCK AND CL-MAIN INGREDIENT.

Attached files

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    impossible to name one[/b]

I'm with Ed on all these. I've been listeining to Death Certificate a lot recently and it might be my favorite. I would have to add "Doggystyle" and "Ammerikka's Most" as well. I could maybe do a top 10 but its hard to narrow records down.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I listened to that Black Moon everyday a few summers back. Had Pharcyde on the other side of the tape.

Gotta go with Illmatic, though.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Since forever it has been a toss-up between these two:

• The

name

of

the

game

is

RAPTURE[/b]

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i ain't even gonna pretend to know what's "best", but i've listened to these records over and over and over and over again...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    surprised i haven't seen this one mentioned yet...

buuut...
    i prolly gotta go with:

with close runner-ups...

• no contest for me, the hands down winner

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one yet:

Just amazing, mind-blowing, face-melting...I wonder what it sounds like?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one yet:

Just amazing, mind-blowing, face-melting...I wonder what it sounds like?

man, you're a dick...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Enter the 36 Chambers.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

No Goats No glory isnt the best hip hop album, but it was the first one i got into and I broke the danm tape I listened to it so much.

• Buhloone Mind State
    Book of Human Language

[cue smart alec remarks]

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    cant believe that nobody mentioned this one:

I gotta go with this one, cause its the soundtrack of my formative years I guess. And the one that let me deeper into HipHop.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

no contest for me, the hands down winner

Only a shame that the recording isn't so good, but how could elektra not want to release one of the dopest hip hop records ever?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    how could elektra not want to release one of the dopest hip hop records ever?

...I think they smoke crack.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    w/ out batting an eye...

i mean, i'm an east coast dude, but this shit here was just light years ahead of everything and still is.

i also gotta say that i saw this tour when i was in high school, Beatnuts, Common Sense, Organized Konfusion and Artifacts w/ the xmen doing routines between each group. That was the apex of rap music for me so I'll give:

Street Level
    Resurrection
    Extinction Agenda
    and Rock and a Hard Place

... runner up positions. can't forget illmatic and 36 chambers

• w/ out batting an eye...

i mean, i'm an east coast dude, but this shit here was just light years ahead of everything and still is.

Wow Tom, I was listening to this this morning on the way in.... still so dope.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    hmmmmm,.......

probably

Or even mabye:

but possibly also:

Overall? Definitely one of those 4.

Or

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    On top of some of those already mentioned, a couple of my personal favourites would be:

and

The vinyl version that is, without all the pointless filler tracks they threw on the CD.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• Nobody's gonna mention this?

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    nice list, just wanted to add two

Dr. Octagon

Black Sheep - A wolf in sheeps clothing

I was glad to see that Outkast - Southernplaya.... made it on, was getting worried for the first page of posts

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Nobody's gonna mention this?

Great production. But "I got more looey than Philip Rizutto," plus all the girlies, chickens etc...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i got stoned in the tower records parking lot, listening to this one the day it came out. my friends wanted to leave, but i had to just sit there. (a funny side note: i was standing next to peter buck of REM in the store, and asked him if he wanted to smoke some weed with my friends and i, he looked down at my GZA album, puzzled, and nervously replied "uh.. i don't do that anymore kid".) i was 19 then and, at the time thought, no big deal. in my opinion the last of the best wu-tang albums... def the darkest, most intelligent.

this album was super anticipated (for me at least) with brilliant follow through...