Your Favorite Hip-Hop Album

Comments

• legendlegend 124 Posts

my fav by far.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

i like that cover!

can people extrapolate on why they are picking Paul's Boutique? i like it and i like the Beastie Boys, but i'd prolly put Licensed to Ill and Ill Comm. over it

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

can people extrapolate on why they are picking Paul's Boutique? i like it and i like the Beastie Boys, but i'd prolly put Licensed to Ill and Ill Comm. over it

dude, just check the beats. Its a rollercoasterride of cool samples, fresh beats and stoopid rhymes. Its not a collections of songs, its just one flow from beginning to end.
    I like their other albums too, but Pauls Boutique is their most "hiphop-ish"-album. After that they started fucking with their instruments which not always worked out IMO.

plus I'm just a sucker for samplebased albums, I also really like 3ft high.

And, when it came out I was a little dude smoking pot all day long and hanging out with my friends.. and since Im from holland we couldnt understand all the lyrics. We didnt know what AWOL meant, got more suits then Jacoby and Meyers? it was all one big mistery... Before I got busy I schlepped on the mitten?
    We made it a sport to figure out all the lyrics.. so I can prolly rap along to it from beginnning to end.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    and I miss Stone Cold Rhyming in this thread.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man this is tough. it'd probly be one of these

Mobb-The Infamous
    Illmatic
    Liquid Swords
    36 Chambers
    Midnight Marauders
    Da Shinin
    All we got is uz
    Reasonable Doubt

ahhh fugg it, too hard to pick just one

• Options

I'm Old, K.

• not favorite but certainly top 20
    c.m.w. its a compton thang. peace, stein. . .

shit i forgot these two

Runaway Slave
    Ready To Die

• Fuck it. I don't think anyone has said this yet. I listened to it and liked it.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

speakin of Black Moon. I think their last record is too underrated / overlooked.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

speakin of Black Moon. I think their last record is too underrated / overlooked.

not a favourite favourite - but i agree - it's pretty hot. best track IMO is Looking Down the Barrel produced by fellow SStrutter Moss. i could not peel that 12" off my turntable for weeks and weeks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I love how, after looking at this thread, me and Delay had an impromptu debate about which Biggie album was better in the middle of the shop. Some shit never changes with hip-hop heads!

T*m tried to tell you that the second album was better?

• I love how, after looking at this thread, me and Delay had an impromptu debate about which Biggie album was better in the middle of the shop. Some shit never changes with hip-hop heads!

T*m tried to tell you that the second album was better?

No, that was me

But I am rocking a distilled 90 min cassette of it so what does that say

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

missB - i never heard this album, but... really?

yes. really. i know - highly suspect - but i enjoy this record and it is something i do put on now and then. i actually hesitated putting it on my list, expecting much ridicule. thank you for asking in a civilized manner. check it out - let me know what you think.

• Am I the only one?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

yes. really. i know - highly suspect - but i enjoy this record and it is something i do put on now and then. i actually hesitated putting it on my list, expecting much ridicule. thank you for asking in a civilized manner. check it out - let me know what you think.

i am a highly civilized brother. i'll check it out, but only because you already won me over when you mentioned "after laughter"

Am I the only one?

I certainly hope so.

i am a highly civilized brother. i'll check it out, but only because you already won me over when you mentioned "after laughter"

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

Am I the only one?

Cosign I love this record.

Am I the only one?

What a shocking development.

• Am I the only one?

"Descending further into self-important onanism"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Am I the only one?

That's my favorite hip hop record to listen to while I get my favorite side order from Popeye's after a night of listening to my favorite jazz records while phoning a friend who posts on Soulstrut to discuss whether or not the genre called "Modern Soul" even exists outside of this message board.

that albums not too good. i rememebr gettin mad psyched for it when the single came out but the album is kinda wack, although there are a few nice songs

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Am I the only one?

uh no. i posted this like 80 posts ago on page 1.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Am I the only one?

That's my favorite hip hop record to listen to while I get my favorite side order from Popeye's after a night of listening to my favorite jazz records while phoning a friend who posts on Soulstrut to discuss whether or not the genre called "Modern Soul" even exists outside of this message board.

no offense but you dudes must be from the east coast or the east bay if you hate on this rekkid.

Bizzare Ride RULES! did anyone mention either of Digable PLanets albums? theyd be up there for me too

• Am I the only one?

no offense but you dudes must be from the east coast or the east bay if you hate on this rekkid.

NOW we're talking! FUcking hate this record, and I rep both.

Yall fucking patchouli haight st golden gate drum circle muhfuckas staging sidewalk singalongs

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Mobb
    Attached files

• Am I the only one?

NOW we're talking! FUcking hate this record, and I rep both.

Yall fucking patchouli haight st golden gate drum circle muhfuckas staging sidewalk singalongs

I don't like it much either. Gets old fast. Although some songs preferably that one produced by LA Jae is . Nevermind I kinda like it.