Michael Jackson R.I.P. damn damn damn damn

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I still remember seeing the first time Michael busted the moonwalk on TV to Billie Jean. That blew my mind as a little dude

Unforgettable moment.

RIP. Still can't believe it.

I can't watch the media coverage, the 3 ring circus is just beginning.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I am stunned and shocked and extremely sad. He was my hero and I always held him at the highest esteem. I always wished I could have met him. I wish him a peaceful journey. This is the death of my childhood!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

RIP...unless you raped all those little kids, right???????

bizarre that this has not been mentioned.

show your face lawboy. 1A

sorry, i'm taken.

seriously though, i'm surprised people are strictly paying tribute to the man's work, as if the allegations never existed. this isn't a hallmark card that's being sent to his family.

is that stuff irrelevant to folks? will the future OJ RIP thread be an equal lovefest?

I understand where you're coming from. But that's how Soulstrut likes to eulogize, so in fairness to the wishes of the masses it's probably not worth it. But I do encourage you to start another thread.

But, I'm of the similar vein that it seems to be a disservice to reality to ignore the huge controversy surrounding the guy, even in death. Similar to your O.J. argument, in fact.

---

Shifting gears, I was also a little saddened to hear of him passing. Simply because he was such a huge media sensation throughout most of the early part of my life - I really subconsciously expected him to go another couple decades as an eccentric, reclusive popular figure. An end of a certain era, I guess you could say.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    R.I.P. one of the greatest...sad shit.

• Options
    I was shocked when I heard about MJ passing.

He was larger than life and I expected (foolishly) that he would somehow go on living forever.

But, I'm of the similar vein that it seems to be a disservice to reality to ignore the huge controversy surrounding the guy, even in death. Similar to your O.J. argument, in fact.

F*ck THAT SHIT.

MLK HAD A MISTRESS
    MARVIN GAYE THREW A WOMAN OUT OF A WINDOW
    ELVIS HAS TERRIBLE FANS
    JAMES BROWN FUCKED HIS SHIT UP

WERE TALMBOUT THE CREAM OF THE CROP OF ARTISTS HERE.

ALL THESE MUTHAFUCKAS WERE FUCKED UP, BUT ENRICHED THE WHOLE f*ckin WORLD.

THE WHOLE f*ckin WORLD! THE DAY - THE DAY - WITHIN HOURS OF MJ PASSES SOME DUDE HAS TO HIGHLIGHT THE DUDE'S PROBLEM.

WHAT MUTHAFUCKIN FUNERAL DO U GO TO WHERE CATS MIX IN A PERSON'S EVIL DEEDS W/ THEIR ACCCOMPLISHMENTS???

I AM NOT HAVIN IT! F*ck YOU....NO!

WHAT POINTS ARE U TRYIN TO SCORE? WHAT ICON DEAD OR ALIVE ISNT FUCKED UP?

NO MJ NO OBAMA. U F*ckin EVIL CRACKERS BEST TO WAKE THE F*ck UP.

NO - HELLS NO.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    True legends always go early. Always have, always will.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    holy F*ck, i am about to cry...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Europe is waking up to this news. i changed my son, made him a bottle, grabbed the laptop, clicked BBC and nearly fell over. This is just incomprehensible. Gary really summed it up for me. growing up in the 80s meant that MJ was everything. i can remember my whole family crowded round our TV to watch Thrillers debut. i can remember so much, and like was mentioned above: i never really thought MJ could die.

stunned.

KVH: what the hell you thinking man?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

ELVIS HAS TERRIBLE FANS

LOL!!!

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

U F*ckin EVIL CRACKERS BEST TO WAKE THE F*ck UP.

Slow down brother.

RIP Michael.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    But I do encourage you to start another thread.

Yes, please do.

And please, PLEASE let the crickets eat it alive, 'Strut hoLmeses. I know some of you can't resist, but it'll prove a point.

Prop 2A: Let the trolls fade away!

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Don't know about you people but I'm firing up some Jacko tonight. Windows open en full throttle.

RIP

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

Damn! One more legend gone that I never got the chance to see live especially one as good as he was...

Live @ Giants Stadium - Victory Tour - i was there

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Live @ Giants Stadium - Victory Tour - i was there

Live @ Dodger Stadium - Victory Tour - I was there!!!!!!!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I was a teenager when Thriller came out. So technically I guess I should have nostalgic feelings towards this album (and era), but I don't. At that point, my musical tastes leaned towards mainly rock, with a special weakness for blues and older R&B. Contemporary soul had no interest for me, and it was easy back then to get tired of the endless jokes about where MJ's other glove went.

But I was five years old when I got my first record player (a GE portable) for my birthday. And what was my first record? The Jackson Five's Looking Through The Windows album. I was a huge J-5 fan then, and even now, I still think MJ's best stuff is from that time (and before).

So I'll always have a soft spot for the King of Pop, in a way. My father used to bring me copies of Right On! magazine when I was a kid, and Michael and/or his brothers were ALWAYS on the cover (or so it seemed). The six-year-old version of me would look at pictures of the Jackson family lounging around the pool in Encino, CA and wish I could be a part of that action.

For sentimental reasons, the Motown MJ will always be cool with me.

Where I was when I found out (reprinted from another thread):

I was standing in a bookstore when I get a call on the cell phone. My friend David tells me that the grim reaper paid a visit to Farrah Fawcett, Sky Saxon, and MAYBE Michael Jackson. I ask my friends in the bookstore if they'd heard this, and they respond in the positive.

At this point, MJ's death is still a rumor.

Then I walk out on the street and see three women leaning against a post. The FIRST thing I overhear is "he's dead," meaning MJ. Then I get on the train, and about five unrelated people are blowing up their phones, talking about the King of Pop himself.

As God is my witness, I didn't hear this much street talk when Obama was elected president, and he used to live here!

Later, I'm killing time before the ? & the Mysterians show. I'm in a used record store, and they still have a full Jacksons section, with Michael, Jermaine, maybe Janet, everybody. By this time, MJ's death has been announced. If I were to come back to that same store tomorrow, I wonder if the Jacksons section will be totally cleaned out...

• Damn! One more legend gone that I never got the chance to see live especially one as good as he was...

definately a sad sad day....

• Michael. The greatest who ever did it. Michael really taught the world the universal power of music, from India to South America, America, Japan, etc. people who spoke all languages and came from every religion race and culture jammed out to Michael Jackson. When i traveled as a kid i still remember people who could hardly speak english would always resort to "America, America? MICHAEL JACKSON!" I never forgot how his music like the one thing around the world EVERYONE knew. THE ONE THING.

This is the truth right here. Bigger than Elvis, Dylan you can keep naming them. MJ is worldwide and forever. His music and legacy will live on.

I just got my Captain EO on. We are heeeeere to chaaaaange the wooooorld! The part where he zaps Poppin' Taco out of the wall is so incredibly dope to me.

Disney: It's time to retire Honey I Shrunk The Audience. Please bring back EO! And merch out those rainbow shirts 'cause I would rock one. I ain't scared.

• minimini 879 Posts
    R.I.P.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Big R.I.P. to a true legend. His music has had a major impact on the whole world. Everybody, all ages, and in all corners of the world knows MJ. His catalogue is unfuckwithable. I mean even just on the strength of OffTheWall->Thriller->Bad he would be the of popular music. Then add the J5/Jacksons and post 1990 material and it's game over.

I'm completly uninterested in the spectacle to come of the death of one of the biggest "CELEBRITIES" of our generation. The harsh realties of his life, circumstance and actions as a man need discussion, but not today.

For right now, I'm going to turn off the TV.

I'd like to give my complete respect to an artist who's music I've always appreciated.

Amen. I heard the news of his passing last night just before going to bed, but it's hasn't really sunk in until now. I'm getting real misty watching all these youtube videos. The dude was so incredibly talented.

I'm about to blast "I'll Be There" real loud and sing along (with little success) like I did when I was 10.
    And best believe I'm gonna play some MJ in the club tomorrow.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    makes me shiver to watch this now. no clowning. the opposite of raw, but the production is soooo good.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Went to bed with the news that he'd had a heart attack, and still thought 'pfff... publicity stuff'.

Switched on TV this morning to ABC playing and a strapline with 'Michael Jackson Is Dead'.

My heart got caught in my throat.

It was a hard thing to comprehend and a damn near impossible thing to want to accept.

RIP.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yeah, I'm having a pretty hard time dealing with this as well. He was my childhood idol and spent hours listen to His solo and J5 stuff when I was a youth. Indeed, a real bummer.

R.I.P. MJ

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    god bless and good night.

I misplaced my camera but in '92-'93 I saw Michael Jackson in Disneyland. I had just come off of Splash Mountain and stepped in line to buy the pic they take of you on the ride. I hear a HUGE commotion behind me, coming out the Splash Mountain exit, girls screaming "Oh my God!" and whatnot, bulbs flashing... Naturally, I step out of line to see what it was, caught the slightest glimpse and was like "OH SHIT!" then grabbed my camera, thrust it in the air and started snapping wildly. The mob, with MJ and security in the middle of it, walked all the way from Splash Mountain to Main Street, which is a pretty long walk.

Out of all the pictures I took, I only caught him in one. He had stepped into a door on Main Street, then paused a bit to say hello to his fans before disappearing.

That was such a rush. After that, my cousin and I, little tagbanger-lookin' ass punks, were happy as hell, skipping like schoolgirls the rest of the night.

I'll try to post the pic tomorrow.

• i was on the way back to the shop after making a lengthy pizza delivery. all my presets as well were playing nothing but marathons. the first thing that came to mind was am i getting old already? i'm only f*ckin 24 and he's dead? this shit is fucked. i still don't know what to think of this. r.i.p

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    RIP

to the man who defined the concept "pop star", "entertainer", "icon", you name it...

When his voice comes in on "Can you feel it"... words can't explain it.

As have been said, he was a WORLDWIDE icon and still is. People in every part of the world have felt the joy of his music.