Michael Jackson R.I.P. damn damn damn damn

Comments

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    I'm sorry man but I find that shit totally inappropriate.

There is another time for that discussion to happen.

In fact, it has happened at other times.

People are not just mourning a person, or an artist - and what an artist! - but a part of themselves.

Take that shit, literally, somewhere else; like, the comments section of Huffington Post or something.

i'm not trying to provoke a debate. the title of this thread is rip michael jackson, not "let's talk about mj's music", so i don't find my comment to be inappropriate. and really "inappropriate"???? are we quilting this "thread" into a blanket to send his parents?

it is surprising to me that there is unanimity in celebrating THE MAN without acknowledging who he might have been. that is my point. end of story. carry on.

where i'm from RIP means rest in peace. i think the spirit of the thread title was one of loving tribute not slinging dirt about the deceased.

a sad day today.

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    Everybody knows it already, but let it be said:

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" =

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    RIP

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    I was out with some friends that had just graduated, but suddenly this news started to spread all around town and I was pretty much done and went home. This is such a sad day. As a kid I had a video tape of all his music videos that I would play over and over every day. His music still impresses me as much now as it did back then. RIP

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

but now that he's dead it feels like my childhood michael jackson died, even though maybe that MJ died a long time ago anyways.

I'm completly uninterested in the spectacle to come of the death of one of the biggest "CELEBRITIES" of our generation. The harsh realties of his life, circumstance and actions as a man need discussion, but not today.

For right now, I'm going to turn off the TV.

I'd like to give my complete respect to an artist who's music I've always appreciated.

RIP Michael.

- Diego

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The inappropriate shit that has been posted in this RIP thread is infuriating. We can't take a couple hours out to mourn one of the all time greats without people chiming in with jokes and objections? No one's held him up as a moral beacon, they're simply discussing how deeply affected they were by his music. And of course, someone's always gotta have something smart to say. Take your f*cking mouths off...

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Doesn't seem that long ago that we were seeing him at JB's funeral.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Doesn't seem that long ago that we were calling JB a wife beater in his RIP thread....
    sayin, the people who don't understand the concept of "time & place" on Soulstrut shouldn't really surprise anyone. Just ignore those users. RIP Michael.

• magromanmagroman 88 Posts
    I just found out before I got on radio this morning,.....DEVESTATED

RIP

I still remember seeing the first time Michael busted the moonwalk on TV to Billie Jean.
    That blew my mind as a little dude

• sayin, the people who don't understand the concept of "time & place" on Soulstrut shouldn't really surprise anyone. Just ignore those users. RIP Michael.

Well said..This hit me hard..totally unexpected.Like many others MJ is connected to alot of memories in my life,be it the "Thriller" video premier,getting the glove and black & red jacket for Xmas, and also having mad posters on my wall as a shorty. Later as I began to DJ, I truly realized how gifted and amazing the man was..I was supposed to spin tonight 2, but im sick and in bed..wish i could've done a tribute..Who doesn't get down when his records drop??Have yet to see that..RIP and thank yo Mike

• Totally shocked, stunned, and saddened.

I grew up with Michael, knowing him as "The King Of Pop"

To this day, and forever more, I will watch "Smooth Criminal" completely in aw of his talent.

Today is my birthday, knowing he has taken his place with God is my gift.

R.I.P. Michael

Sobbing, looking back, remembering fondly.

Long live "The King"

Enuf.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    where were you when you heard MJ passed? i was not expecting this for many years. but here i was on my couch on thursday with my laptop on my stomach toggling btwn facebook and soulstrut. (maybe looking for more shit about the mark sanford) i yelled out. NOOOOO! this is not about me, but it kinda is. it's about all of us.

thriller changed my life

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Looks like he may have willed whatever Beatles rights he still had back to McCartney. If true, thats a pretty classy move..

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    where were you when you heard MJ passed? i was not expecting this for many years. but here i was on my couch on thursday with my laptop on my stomach toggling btwn facebook and soulstrut. (maybe looking for more shit about the mark sanford) i yelled out. NOOOOO! this is not about me, but it kinda is. it's about all of us.

thriller changed my life

This is a totally legitimate question.

I'd just left work; turned on NPR, and heard them say he'd been rushed to the hospital. Within 10 minutes, the wife called from NC to say he'd been pronounced dead. I'll never forget the right turn as I said, "NPR isn't reporting it..." and it became clear as she quoted abc.com and a couple other sites that MJ had passed.

I won't remember many of the deaths of the artists and entertainers who influenced my life. This one is too significant to forget.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    where were you when you heard MJ passed?
    thriller changed my life

I was walking in the entrance to my job and an asshole manager mentioned that he died, I was thinking "yeah F*ck you, you dont know what your talking about, he's at the hospital, he'll be alright..." but as soon as I hit my deak I called my wife to see if it was true... she said yeah.

The crazy thing is today I was sort of staring at the Maybe Tommorrow album today around 2pm and had the thought to put it on... I didnt though...

R.I.P. Mike

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I was at my staff meeting trying different wines from our wine rep. Talk about a buzz kill...we didn't believe it at first.

RIP Michael

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Sad, sad day.

R.I.P. MJ

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Michael Jackson is the one artist the I really grew up w/ from my childhood up till now. Im more MJ than I am Hip Hop.
    Dude laid out a new blueprint for cats. Shit is still being mined to this day. Dude casted a long-ass shadow.

I'm broken the hell up.

Sunday's BET Awards is gonna be a shindig.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

RIP...unless you raped all those little kids, right???????

bizarre that this has not been mentioned.

show your face lawboy. 1A

sorry, i'm taken.

seriously though, i'm surprised people are strictly paying tribute to the man's work, as if the allegations never existed. this isn't a hallmark card that's being sent to his family.

is that stuff irrelevant to folks? will the future OJ RIP thread be an equal lovefest?

You have 24 hours to continue your nonsense.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

I was strapped into the dentist chair, getting the worst filling ever. They had the drills going for a LONG time, and then clamped my teeth into some brackets. Straight Wave Twisters Inner Space Dental Commander Steezo.

Then another dentist comes in and tells us. I couldn't believe it. Thinking how crazy it was the Farrah was gone and BAM! My mind wasn't even on the dental work after that.

On my way out they were saying that it was only TMZ that reported so it may not be true. I said "It's true. That would be pretty embarrassing for TMZ to make a mistake like that." You may not like what they report on but they are not the Enquirer. Their info is usually legit.

Thanks Micheal Jackson for all the great music and amazing dance moves.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

RIP...unless you raped all those little kids, right???????

bizarre that this has not been mentioned.

show your face lawboy. 1A

sorry, i'm taken.

seriously though, i'm surprised people are strictly paying tribute to the man's work, as if the allegations never existed. this isn't a hallmark card that's being sent to his family.

is that stuff irrelevant to folks? will the future OJ RIP thread be an equal lovefest?

You have 24 hours to continue your nonsense.

I'm hoping that 4 is a typo. Why wait that long?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    My mom just reminded me when I was lil girl that I told her I was gonna marry MJ someday...lol...

Man, i was a cool kid!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm not even the biggest Michael Jackson fan, but it's really quite amazing and emotional to see how many lives he's touched. Rest in Peace.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Dang, dudes are quick!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    kvh. this is such a bad, bad look for you. take a break. i'm sure there are places to go on about that. go there.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    I caught the news coming home from work today in my car. Power 92.3's dj announced it and I toggled through all my presets and everyone was playing his jams. It was bittersweet.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i was just teaching my 8 yr old godchild how to moonwalk in the sand 2 days ago. unreal sad today.

kenny gamble came on the radio to be interviewed about working with michael on 'goin places' and said how he was so quiet and shy yet when he was on stage he was possibly the most electrifying performer ever he saw. he also expressed worry that michaels troubles would be discussed in a manner overshadowing his talent. either way people are talking about this in the most remote parts of the planet tonight. he was the last real superstar that i can think of who wasn't forced upon us. and to have that power it's no wonder he was troubled and very private.
    i love him.
    pretty young thing.
    repeat after me.

i am going to check out a dance party in the park now.