Death Of Autotune

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The beat sounds like a rehashed version of the Takeover,very dull.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Janko Nilovic = The Doors?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

No, but the distorted guitar part of the sample used sounds similar.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    na na hey hey?

Yeah wasn't really feeling that part.

Wale?

maybe not Wale

lol

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    He was corny anyway, he went from jocking backpack rap to turning his nose up at people who weren't "club/skreets compliant".
    That could be a familiar path for many on here though...

U MAD, BITCH!

ha-ha!

I went on Oli's blog and somehow got linked to Noz's blog about those mixed practice tapes then got linked to this thread about the DOA sample. While reading it I was thinking "man, I haven't been on this thing in a minute maybe I should chime in". Then saw THE GODS posting.....and then El Sparko.

HAI GUYZ! I'M DOING WELL! DEEJAYING A LOT! WORKING ON A LOT OF BEATS! WORKING ON ALBUM WITH VARIOUS RAPPAZ FOR ALL Y'ALL TO HATE ON!

i'm also blogging now to

kingmost.tumblr.com

twitter.com/kingmost

AXE ABOUT ME AXE ABOUT ME

I just didn't go on for a few days and then was over it. the ppl I care to talk to from here are my actual friends in real life.

HERM I SEE YOU
    JOHNNY I SEE U
    FAUX I SEE YOU
    ROSS I SEE YOU
    DAY I TWITTER YOU
    CASHLESS I TWITTER YOU TAM BIEN

Is Raj still mad at me? What about Rockadelic?

DOA ,it's i-ight. I dig what he was trying to do but if he did this shit over a beat like "PSA".....IT WOULD OF BEEN PROBLEM.

la8r

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    breaks
    that guy's swaggering like he just did a mountain of cocaine inbetween station breaks. the track must have been delivered with a briefcase

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I wish the sax was a bit more buried in the mix....a little too schreechy and upfront imo, otherwise it's good.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    I wish the sax was a bit more buried in the mix....a little too schreechy and upfront imo, otherwise it's good.

yeah i thought the same thing, but i dont see how anyone can front on the track overall.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    that is not how one spells screechy - oops!

• From T-Pain's Twitter:

"10lbs. 197kts. Very very real I don't know what fake feel like.$410,000. Hola se??or recession proof."

"@Qualmes no diss but lets celebrate the fact a black man can have things like this and still care for 3 kids and wife n a $6 million house"

"with 32 cars.Oldest child 5 and already got 4 million in her own account.I dont do dumb shit like this till I know the fams good"

"so don't judge me frm what I buy.Judge me frm what I do.Cuz it's so many artists that put themself before their family.but thanx yo"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think No ID and Hov definitely have to go back into the lab so they can earn that ever-elusive Bsides cosign.

I AM THE SKREETS!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    didnt t-pain grow up broke as hell?

open up an afterschool program with 400,000 dollars dude.

And 32 cars?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    didnt t-pain grow up broke as hell?

From the looks of it, he'll be back to being broke as hell before long.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What's the resale value on that beast?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Corny. M.C. Hammer all over again.

• Except this dude writes good r&b songs.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Ding! Did you guys listen to the way Flex and Cee dropped this? They're not talkin about T-Pain here...

ps - growing up poor doesn't give you a bigger obligation to make charitible contributions than anyone else.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    lol @ t-pain's financial advisors in this thread

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    LOL at t-pain's real world financial advisors.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    LOL period.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

No, but the distorted guitar part of the sample used sounds similar.

Cosign. I'm not mad at the track but it's a fair enough comparison musically. It lacks "The Takeover's" bite - Jay's being a bit too polite - NAME NAMES, HOV!

Personally, I think the song might stir up some barking back and forth between him and other dudes on some fake indignation but whoever wrote about that this is a trend song about a trend was spot-on.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    If he was serious he would have dissed Ye instead of "hollering". Meh.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    From T-Pain's Twitter:

"10lbs. 197kts. Very very real I don't know what fake feel like.$410,000. Hola se??or recession proof."

"@Qualmes no diss but lets celebrate the fact a black man can have things like this and still care for 3 kids and wife n a $6 million house"

"with 32 cars.Oldest child 5 and already got 4 million in her own account.I dont do dumb shit like this till I know the fams good"

"...and then I do dumb shit!"

In all fairness, rich folk spend dumb money on dumb shit all the time. The non-nouveau-just-plain-riche don't twit about it though.

That said, T-Pain could have found a cheaper way to rock irony around his neck.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    More like this, less Lady Gaga and trance-rap and weak R&B on the stations.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    UPDATE: This is growing on me a bit (especially the guitar), but I still hate the clarinet and think that an autotune diss in 2009 is, at best, two years late and, at worst, way too "safe" to be taken seriously.

And I love almost everything I've ever heard involving T-Pain.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    jay announces a new album to drop September 11th. Plans for a concert with all proceeds to benefit 9/11 victims.

where's the graemlin with the ? above it's head?

The first Blueprint dropped on 9/11.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    but bp2 wasn't