Death Of Autotune

124»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think he'd prefer to forget about bp2!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think he'd prefer to forget about bp2!

Too much curse, not enough gift?

Right. Plus, it's been 7 years! 7's the key number here. 7-11's, 7 dwarves, 7's the number man!

7 little chipmunks twirling on a branch, eating lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch! You know that old children's tale from the sea?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    you know what else has been killin it in the streets for years?

AUTOTUNE!!!!

lol.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The drums reminded me of Jay-z/R. Kelly "Don't let me die"

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    this is a trend song about a trend

T-Pain could have found a cheaper way to rock irony around his neck.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Diddy To Shelf His Auto Tune Album?

This Death of Auto Tune movement Jay started is really starting to pick up some steam and ruffle a lot of feathers. It has been the constant chatter of the biz these past few days and it is making some people very unhappy with Jay. In fact I am hearing one of them is actually a close friend of Jay whose latest album was done COMPLETELY in auto tune and he now feels he has to shelf his entire project.

I am speaking of none other than P. Diddy. Diddy???s new album is all auto tune and obviously he is not happy with the fact that the public now considers the whole thing tired and wack due to Ambassador Jay giving in the long goodbye. Right now it looks like Diddy plans to shelf the album and call it a loss rather than release it and be seen as tired and played out. It is also being said that Diddy and Jay have had a few unpleasant phone convos since this whole thing in which Diddy let Jay know just how he feels about Jay f*cking up his money.

http://24hourhiphop.com/article.php?id=4783

Man... if Kanye really saw all that playing out as a way to cement 808s as THE autotune album and not allowing Diddy to contest his title... he is a lot smarter than I give him credit for.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    If Diddy is going to shelve his album, shit must be weak, Auto Tuned or not.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    If Diddy is going to shelve his album, shit must be weak, Auto Tuned or not.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I was looking forward to Diddy's new release, short film an' all.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The above item strikes me as pure unsubstantiated gossip. If anything, an artifical controversy benefits Puff.

I am also looking forward to his album.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I find it hard to beleive that Diddy had no idea auto-tune was played out until Jay said so in his rap.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

The above item strikes me as pure unsubstantiated gossip. If anything, an artifical controversy benefits Puff.

I am also looking forward to his album.

Yeah his description of it as an "electro-hip-hop-soul funk" album should fill me with dread but actually builds my expectations. Another album's worth of Combs hosted decent vocalists and producers would go down a treat.

Since the initial statement in February things seem pretty quiet on who's involved this time round.

• according to this, om'mas keith from sa-ra is working on the album.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Damn it. I've been saluting my hoLmeses for years now thanks to this video everybody's gonna be doing it.

(Just in case...*PASUE*.)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm relieved that Jay finally cut his hair.

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    It's crazy how much of an impact this song has had already. Buck and KRS already had put out "Robot" a couple month's before though which puts another chapter into Jay's biting book where he's gone from Big L to Das Efx to Biggie to... Buckshot?
    http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009/06/06/krs-one-buckshot-robot-bts-video/

• It's crazy how much of an impact this song has had already. Buck and KRS already had put out "Robot" a couple month's before though which puts another chapter into Jay's biting book where he's gone from Big L to Das Efx to Biggie to... Buckshot?

How are these two songs even remotely similar?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I find it hard to beleive that Diddy had no idea auto-tune was played out until Jay said so in his rap.

I'm sayin'. If it took dude this long to figure that shit out, he fucked up his own money.

The point in time I would have realized it wasn't a good idea to release an all-autotune album would be, gee I don't know, the day after Kanye puts out an all-autotune album? But that's just me.

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    It's crazy how much of an impact this song has had already. Buck and KRS already had put out "Robot" a couple month's before though which puts another chapter into Jay's biting book where he's gone from Big L to Das Efx to Biggie to... Buckshot?

There both autotune disses except Jay's had a bigger impact

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

But I wouldnt label it as a srt8 bite though. Unless you know somethin I dont.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the ending of the video is a bite.

• ReedReed 97 Posts

But I wouldnt label it as a srt8 bite though. Unless you know somethin I dont.
    Nah, i'm not saying Jays a serious biter he just always has his ear to the street and he picks up little things here and there. Hell, if Jay hadn't said it noone would've payed attention

• Jay's biting book

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    Jay's little biting notepad[/b]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jay needs to stop.

This is "Hip Hop is dead" with pyrotechnics.