LA heads - Soulmarcosa's 45 box stolen - HELP

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow dude, that is great news. I've seen some of the meth-head freaks that stand in the buying counter line at amoeba. It's actually a good thing the records were stolen near Amoeba - makes sense that that would be the first place they would go to. Also, never leave records (or anything of significant value) in your car in hollywood. lesson learned.
    congrats that you got your records back -- forget the monetary value of those pieces, some records mean more than $ and just cant be replaced.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GOOD SHIT!!!!!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    . May this thread be burned and a Panamanian Women's Cricket Team thread arise in its place!

A Bipasha Basu thread would work too

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    This is exactly how I hoped this story would end!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    wow, that is an amazing outcome, I thought for sure you weren't gonna see them again. Awesome news.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    WOW!

thats amazing-u must have some great karma..i felt really bad for u when i read this earlier today...congrats thats great to hear.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    This is TREMENDOUS, if not a bit unbelievable.

Tear it up next time out with that little silver box!~!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    That's the first time I hear about a story like this ending well... congratulations! That's just incredible luck.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    whoa

congrats

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Brilliant. i am happy for you man.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    lucky...awesome!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That must be true vegan karma at work. Great news. But I'm wondering, how did it all transpire at Amoeba? Did the thief run out the door? Was there an incident?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    That must be true vegan karma at work. Great news. But I'm wondering, how did it all transpire at Amoeba? Did the thief run out the door? Was there an incident?

that's what i'm wondering! did an in-store beat-down occur? cops called?

that is awesome though that you got them all back. it might take a few weeks for the crusty punk smell to wear off of them though.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Marco, sorry to hear about your stressful day, very glad that it had a happy ending.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The record Gods must love you. You have to be the only guy in the world to EVER have their records stolen and then recovered.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Congrats! I always hate reading these stories, especially thinking that someone might just throw a record box into a dumpster never having any idea of the amount of travel, money, effort, etc that went into putting it together. Its so nice to hear that your records made their way back to their rightful owner.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Amoeba LA got some BIG security dudes, I'm hoping one of them just beat the dogshit out of this dude. lol

Good shit man, glad to hear it turned out ok.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    The record Gods must love you.

You are now forever in their debt...

not a bad price to pay

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The record Gods must love you. You have to be the only guy in the world to EVER have their records stolen and then recovered.

A few Years back our own Fatback had a similar experience, where he called some stores and one of the owners connected the dots, FB not only got his records back (more or less, as I remember), but the opportunity to confront the thief. This turned out to be more of a pathetic individual and subsequent pathetic exchange rather than the epic recrimination and payback some people's imagination would picture. Dipshit claimed he found the crate on the train. Uh huh.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    wow! Great news Marco. I had started to pull my Japanese 45s you hipped me to and my frenchy and italian doubles to send to you. Thats was truly a nightmare scenario my friend. Super happy it worked out like it did.

About a year or two ago I caught some drunk chick trying to steal my 45s at a gig while I was carrying stuff to the car and ever since then I carry them with me everywhere if they are out of the house. I know I might look stupid carrying the box with me as I go into a gas station, restaurant, etc...but I dont know what I would do if my 45s were ganked from me.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    CONGRATS on getting your 45's back Marco! You better baby that crate from now on!

- spidey

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Amazing. Good karma dude!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    that's great.
    don't ever leave records in a car again!
    flight cases especially look like they hold expensive shit esp around cahuenga where all those production studios are.

i have never wanted to put my name on things but i will say it helped once when i nearly bought a huge collection of reggae 45's about 10 yrs ago from a philly record store, all stamped clearly with 'The Enforcer Soundsystem' name and number. something didn't seem right about my score though. the store owner said they came in from a sketchy crackhead but he didn't want to intervene. he went on some rant about not wanting to get involved with these 'jamaican gangs' i was like wtf? how do you figure it's a gang, the dude is a DJ! intervene? whatever. Enforcer was a well known system.
    so i left and i called the guy and he was overwhelmed and so grateful that his records had been found. he also said they were stolen from his car.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    . May this thread be burned and a Panamanian Women's Cricket Team thread arise in its place!

A Bipasha Basu thread would work too

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Man I stopped clicking on this thread because its my worst nightmare and it was making me sad. Glad I checked back in.

Congrats Marco!!!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I only checked this thread in the hopes that it would turn out precisely as it did. So happy for you, my man!

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i was like wtf? how do you figure it's a gang, the dude is a DJ! intervene? whatever. Enforcer was a well known system.
    so i left and i called the guy and he was overwhelmed and so grateful that his records had been found. he also said they were stolen from his car.

good lookin' out

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    this is any DJs worst nightmare...thankfully this ended well for you Marco.

i have never wanted to put my name on things but i will say it helped once when i nearly bought a huge collection of reggae 45's about 10 yrs ago from a philly record store, all stamped clearly with 'The Enforcer Soundsystem' name and number. something didn't seem right about my score though. the store owner said they came in from a sketchy crackhead but he didn't want to intervene. he went on some rant about not wanting to get involved with these 'jamaican gangs' i was like wtf? how do you figure it's a gang, the dude is a DJ! intervene? whatever. Enforcer was a well known system.

a similar thing happened a few years ago here in Vegas. i went into a local spot and saw 2 anvil record cases with "Luvbug Starski" stenciled on em. i was trippin on em at first, even thinking about buying them...but then i started thinking about how in the hell they ended up in Vegas and inquired with the store employee. he said he wasn't working the day they were brought in so he wasn't sure who had sold them, he also said the cases were full of records and they had sent them out to their other store location. i then recalled that a buddy of mine had spun with Luvbug at a gig out here about a year prior so I called my boy.....sure enough, a few days earlier, Luvbug flew out here for a gig and his record cases got ganked straight off the airport baggage claim carousel!! Luvbug, who had already returned to NYC by this time, got in touch with the store and got both of his cases and most of his records back.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    But I'm wondering, how did it all transpire at Amoeba? Did the thief run out the door? Was there an incident?

I spoke to Marco last night......all the workers at Amoeba already knew to be on the lookout for somebody bringing in a record box to trade in. When the dude did actually brought the case in, the buying counter offered him a little cash and sent him on his way.

Apparently, the staff know this dude as he goes into the store on the regular.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    WHAT??!? NO RIGHTEOUS BEATDOWN??!??!?

THE INTERNETS DEMAND JUSTICE!!!!!!11

just kidding. Marco that's amazing. So glad to hear. Score one for the good guys.