Kid czech!

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Given that two more Strutters became dads in the last few days...I'm quite curious - how many Strutters are parents?Holla:
Kid czech![/b]
Yes, I have children.
No seeds out there.
pollcode.com [color:navy]free polls

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    You seem to have omitted the "Need to go on Maury" option.

ha...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

All of a sudden all the Strut dads are keeping shtum, as my UK bredren would say.

C'mon fellas, it's time for another strut kid photo spread, with emphasis on the new additions.

It's a celebration of life, batches!!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    just about 17 months this week

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

Good to see he's getting an early start. I didn't start making beats until I was two and a half.

No kids yet for me - some day, hopefully.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

Good to see he's getting an early start. I didn't start making beats until I was two and a half.

No kids yet for me - some day, hopefully.

i just load up reason NN-XT piano refills and he plays either the drum pad or keys and he goes nuts!! no melodies yet. ive already gone thru 3-4 sets of needles. now i put the cd deck on the floor he spins the platter for days.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Wife is due in late July.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Can strut moms play too?

Hitting the kit over Christmas at the inlaws.

Well, the Gooch just about shut shit down with that pic.

Odub's going to have to post a pic of his daughter sitting among stacks of analog synths a la Rick Wakeman in order to compete.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    here's my little monster...

here's my little monster...

Haha, that's ill. It kinda looks like he's taking a picture of himself, holding the camera with both hands.

he is, I took that from his myspace page

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

We have twins on the way.

When we had the first sonogram the doctor said, "well the baby looks fine...

...and the other one does too."

what a surprise that was

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Being a parent is quite a ride. Worth every thrill.

he is, I took that from his myspace page

That's awesome. He's not "sexting" girls he meets on myspace, is he? You have to set boundaries.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    So far, 44% of Strutters have kids! Damn, we old.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Much congrats, Nate! Good times are on the way.

My little girl, Cadence. Now 20 months.

how the hell did I miss this one? Congrats man! My little dude is a late July too. 26th.

Leos, holla!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Leos, holla!

Any tips on how not make your daughter spoiled, I'm all ears. My wife already has a wardrobe of ogranic clothing and design within reach type of bassonets, strollers, man-carries, booties, cribs and whatnot. Hoping it's a not a sign of things to come and that she's just excited........

This is a great picture. Is this from an ad? She should be repping a children's clothing line with swagger like that.

You guys need to start a talent agency. You could have the child advertising game on lock.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Mom's are one thing... grandparents spoiling the kids are a whole other!

Leos, holla!

Any tips on how not make your daughter spoiled, I'm all ears. My wife already has a wardrobe of ogranic clothing and design within reach type of bassonets, strollers, man-carries, booties, cribs and whatnot. Hoping it's a not a sign of things to come and that she's just excited........

This is just my personal opinion but I think that having some baseline of disciplining their behavior is key. I know a lot of parents who have a very, very lax approach to discipline - presumably because they don't want to come off as authoritative types trying to crush the will of their innocent kids, blah blah blah - and not surprisingly, their kids can display some straight up horrid behavior. I don't spank my kid but I have no hesitation in making my displeasure quite obvious with her if she's acting poorly.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Leos, holla!

This is just my personal opinion but I think that having some baseline of disciplining their behavior is key. I know a lot of parents who have a very, very lax approach to discipline - presumably because they don't want to come off as authoritative types trying to crush the will of their innocent kids, blah blah blah - and not surprisingly, their kids can display some straight up horrid behavior. I don't spank my kid but I have no hesitation in making my displeasure quite obvious with her if she's acting poorly.

Word.

Be measured, be consistent, and most important of all -- FOLLOW THROUGH. When you say, "if you keep doing that I'll do X..." you gotta be ready to do X. Kids will know that the behavior has no consequences otherwise.

Oh and Nate, the new clothes impulse kind of wears off in year two or so. It gets replaced by the "where'd she go wish I had a leash" impulse.

In your wife's defense, it's tough to ignore the marketing bullshit that is thrown at you from almost the minute you conceive. The multibillion dollar baby industry knows that every new parent feels ill-equipped for parenthood and banks on that shit. It's not until you have the kid that you realize all babies really need for the first 3 months are diapers and boobies.

Ask !

By the way, you all make some beautiful babies!

• ya'll made some cute kids. Props.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Mine's heavily into modeling right now.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Mine's heavily into modeling right now.

Is that Blue Steel?

• I got Brown Steel

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Number 4

Number 5

Couldn't get 'em to face the camera