Kid czech!

Comments

• Odub's going to have to post a pic of his ..daughter sitting among stacks of analog synths a la Rick Wakeman in order to compete.

one of my brats last year. nothing but trouble. like her mother.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I got Brown Steel

wooow, looking great Thes, looks like at least 3 of the NICU cursed SS kids will get to meet face to face soon, lol.

• Me and the boys (and that baby wipe box is full of 45s...)

• Yeah, it's weird about the SS NICU curse.

All of us were in Palm Spring at the party together too.

THEY SHALL MEET ONE DAY AND BE POWERFUL

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    There really are some cute kids but even the cutest ones I've ever seen, I couldn't help myself but think "thank god I don't have any"...
    Not only would it be impossible for me to have kids because I couldn't continue my life the way I want to live it but the entire concept to me seems just absolutely horrifying without any appeal about it whatsoever.
    I honestly can't believe how lucky I am to have a wife who feels exactly the same about this.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There really are some cute kids but even the cutest ones I've ever seen, I couldn't help myself but think "thank god I don't have any"...
    Not only would it be impossible for me to have kids because I couldn't continue my life the way I want to live it but the entire concept to me seems just absolutely horrifying without any appeal about it whatsoever.
    I honestly can't believe how lucky I am to have a wife who feels exactly the same about this.

Ha - this is the second time in a month or so you've basically said this exact same thing. Methinks your need to constantly remind us may be a subconscious way of self-reassurance.

b/w

If fate had a sense of humor, you two will get pregnant by accident.

I should add: I can get why the idea of parenthood could be terrifying but "horrifying?" Word?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    ya'll are getting old

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    My girls been dropping the 'lets have a kid' lines which till now Ive dodged...this post makes me want to make babies.....

BTW Any horror stories you aint telling us, though? Have any off your kids played frisbee with a raer or poured coke on your MP?

• this little guy has changed my life, and put a major dent in my record funds.

Photobucket

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Ha - this is the second time in a month or so you've basically said this exact same thing. Methinks your need to constantly remind us may be a subconscious way of self-reassurance.

b/w

hehe... no, really no need for self-reassurance. Couldn't help but state this amongst all these baby pics just for good balance sake...
    No, seriously, I really checked myself thoroughly, mainly because I love my in-laws so much that I considdered having kids just to spare them the disappointment and sadness of seeing their family line discontinued but there's no way I could ever befriend myself with the thought.
    And fate has no chance. My wife has one of those hormon implants in her arm that are securer than the anti-baby pill and in a few weeks I'll have a vasectomy.
    Most my family are pretty nasty and unhappy people anyway, I see it as a way of improving the gene pool.

• New "Real Heads..." graemlin?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Some people should just not reproduce.

Recognizing that you are one of these people before having kids is a good thing.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Miabella will be 5 on Friday!

Then there's Isaac

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    RAJ your kids always look so badass in every photo you post of them.

b/w

hehe... no, really no need for self-reassurance. Couldn't help but state this amongst all these baby pics just for good balance sake...
    No, seriously, I really checked myself thoroughly, mainly because I love my in-laws so much that I considdered having kids just to spare them the disappointment and sadness of seeing their family line discontinued but there's no way I could ever befriend myself with the thought.
    And fate has no chance. My wife has one of those hormon implants in her arm that are securer than the anti-baby pill and in a few weeks I'll have a vasectomy.
    Most my family are pretty nasty and unhappy people anyway, I see it as a way of improving the gene pool.

I'm just giving you a hard time. Believe me, had we not gotten preggers by accident, I doubt I'd ever take the leap to actually TRYING to become a parent.

And man, you must really like your in-laws to even consider the thought.

Why do I also predict a "I got my tubes snipped!" thread in the near future? Wince alert!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    My girls been dropping the 'lets have a kid' lines which till now Ive dodged...this post makes me want to make babies.....

BTW Any horror stories you aint telling us, though? Have any off your kids played frisbee with a raer or poured coke on your MP?

Kids do kid stuff, but overall they're great.

I definitely wouldn't take it lightly though. Kids are expensive and time consuming, but they're also tons of fun and a very rewarding experience to have.

I don't know how old you are, but sometimes I wonder if my kids would've been better off had I waited until I was 30 (or at least late 20s) before having them (as opposed to a decade before). Not that there is anything wrong with us/them, but case in point is my son asking when we're going to move again (we bought this house 2 years ago; first time homeowner). I asked him if he wanted to move and he said no, he likes living here, he just knows we move every 2 or 3 years (which was true when we rented). I explained to him that I had no plans on moving unless we had to (thought to myself - atrocious economy). He seemed ok with that answer.

It's also mentally awkward to be worrying about saving for your kids' college funds while stressing about paying for your own student loans (or, in the case of the significant other, still racking them up!)

On the plus side, I've spent waaaay more time and played waaaay more with my kids than my dad ever did with me, so there are some bonuses to being a young(er) parent.

Anyway, my point is there are a lot of related but not immediately apparent factors that come into play regardless of your decision and when you time it. But it's a big decision regardless.

Looks like a bit over 40% of Strutters have kids (not including those currently expecting). I'm sure that's more than many would have assumed.

With an average age that's got to be over 30 (poll, anyone?), 40% doesn't seem that surprising?

I think once you parse other data, it's not, but I meant more in terms of the conventional cliche of record collectors being crusty, weird dudes who most women wouldn't want to stand next to, let alone propagate with.

Yet strangely, we have raers AND cute kids. Go figure!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Got suspended from school for videoing her & her "friends" bullying an overweight special needs kid then posting the video on youtube & bebo. Massive grounding. Been off the grounding for a week & then got caught last night not it bed. Turns out she had jumped out the window all dolled up to go party with older kids, walking by herself in a less than savioury neighbourhood (latest rape was on the news last week) after midnight. More grounding with less privelidges. Fusking teenagers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stupid to get caught both times too, I never got caught! Good luck when your kids get to their teens.

Your reality czech is most unwelcome.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Of you married folks with children, are either one of you not working so you can raise your kids??

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    and in a few weeks I'll have a vasectomy.

I'm with ya there, Frank... Can't say I'm lookin forward to having someone dismember my member, though with me it's more like three strikes you're out. Leo's due in August. Can't believe this shot was taken a month ago...thank god it's spring.

Got suspended from school for videoing her & her "friends" bullying an overweight special needs kid then posting the video on youtube & bebo.

Oh man, that's terrible!

This coming from someone who was not kind to his parents as a teenager (wouldn't want me as a kid from about 13-20)

• Of you married folks with children, are either one of you not working so you can raise your kids??

I left my job in January to stay home with the kids, both special needs. Best thing I ever did.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Matisse, 5 year old now, only 4 on the picture here.

Of you married folks with children, are either one of you not working so you can raise your kids??

I left my job in January to stay home with the kids, both special needs. Best thing I ever did.

Kinda cool, isn't it? Well, as long as you can afford it.

• Of you married folks with children, are either one of you not working so you can raise your kids??

So far so good. We economized on a bunch of stuff (rackords included) and have some savings so we're OK. We were on my wife's benefits anyway so that part was seamless.
    It's hard f*cking work though.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

So far so good. We economized on a bunch of stuff (rackords included) and have some savings so we're OK. We were on my wife's benefits anyway so that part was seamless.

Hard choices and hard work, but the right sensibility and the right priorities get you through.

Massive respect for this, my man.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

TRUTH. Much respect to you!

It's been Daddy Daycare at my house for the past year. I have all the respect in the world for stay at home parents. I actually think my husband is better at it than I would be. I'm the more spontaneous, make up silly songs/games/art projects kind of parent. He's much better at making sure meals and naps happen on time. I think both are important because kids crave routine but also need to be encouraged creatively. We do try to back each other up on discipline though. I'm hoping everything else will even out.