Metal Mix I made...

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hey Maggie I have a great reggae mix of Third World, late-era Inner Circle, Big Mountain, Steel Pulse, some tunes from Black Uhuru "Anthem", and some Johnny Nash for the old school heads.

It's gonna be FIRE!

You forgot the Aswad and the UB40 sucka!

• I do have one complaint about the original mix posted here, namely that the inclusion of Christian metal band Stryper detracts from the mix's Satanic potential.

Hedging your bets against eternal hellfire?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Somebody sampled this in the late 90's/early 00's and I can't seem to find anybody who remembers it!! Maybe it was all a private mindgarden dream...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Not offended, just...incredulous

Satan's work is done.

Yeah....if Satan is a 13 year old with minimal knowledge of Metal.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    just wait until i post my punk mix featuring My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Red Jumpsuit Aparatus, All-American Rejects etc...... minds will be blown.

I got six words for you:
    My Yacht Belongs In Your Marina

Shit, i love the up the middle of the road mixes done well.
    F*ck the obscure shit. Seriously.

Don't you guys party?

I feel the need to say it just because few others on here would even know this:

Plantweed has been anthologizing CD compilations of "AM Gold" since before 20-somethings decided it was ironically hip and tried to rename it "yacht rock."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I think this is the order
    could you fill in the blanks for me
    Good mix by the way.

2.Judas Priest - Dissident Aggressor.
    3.Trouble - Fear No Evil.
    4.Black Sabbath - Mob Rules.
    5.Iron Maiden - Prowler.
    6.Metallica - Blitzkrieg.
    8.Supagroup - Let's Get Wasted.
    9.Scorpions - Virgin Killers.
    10.UFO - Rock Bottom.
    11.Sweet - Set Me Free.
    13.Celtic Frost - The Usurper.
    14.Slayer - Postmortem.
    16.Destruction - Eternal Ban.
    17.Venom - Die Hard.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Nice usage! Carry on...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    BTW, despite whatever has been said and done in this thread, Plantweed is a HEAD. This cat knows more about movies and music than I ever care to and dude has been around here since day 1. Take that for what it's worth.

• This thread, oooh man...so good!

Teh tender keister being shown in this thread is hilarious.

b/w

HI ROB!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ^^ MAKER OF "SOUL" MIXES FEATURING JOSS STONE ^^

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    Was wondering why the D/L count was so high...you guys are still agonizing over this mix? Hilarious. I guess the unemployment rate really is at an all time high. Glad to have entertained and inspired so many of you.

Just to reiterate...the original mix posted here is a light hearted goof meant for broadcasting (not narrow-casting) while representing DJ skillz. Most of the people I know on this site are DJs (Josh B, Hogg, King One, Neta, Enki). I did not realize alot of you were on some Wondercon shit. It is what it is, you like what you like. Stop taking yourselves too seriously...life is too short. Hope you and your families have blessed weekend.

http://www.fogcitywrestling.com See you there!

Btw...giving your opinion on music can be a giant waste of time.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Hope you and your families have blessed weekend.

OK.....NOW Satan's work is done.

Hey Rob, I know all those dudes too; maybe I've met you before, I'm from the Bay and go back there a lot. Josh DJ'd my wedding. Patrick DJs my male strip review. Then he strips. It's fun.

Thing is, the rest of this site is full of record collectors (who you lovingly refer to as "on some Wondercon shit"). Some of us do this for a living, have been doing it for years, and we do take it seriously. You're not winning a lot of hearts and minds by calling dudes nerds and dorks. Maybe you could learn something from them. Maybe not.

Anyway, I downloaded your mix and listened to it, so that I wouldn't be talking out of my ass while discussing it. You're a good DJ. The mix was well-executed. Props on that. And I think it works for the purposes of a wrestling match. Unfortunately, to me, to my ears... a lot of the selections were garbage. That's just in my opinion though, and I apologize if you weren't interested in opinions (they're like assholes, etc). Hopefully, you're as mellow and cool as my folks say and can take a little bit of criticism without getting too bent out of shape about it. It doesn't matter much in the scheme of things.

Have a great weekend.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts

I didn't say blessed by what knucklehead. Glad to have entertained and inspired you. Thanks for the support.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    It doesn't matter much in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the good words Jonny. Not bent out of shape at all. Guess my sarcasm doesn't translate well. Btw...I like records too.

I didn't say blessed by what knucklehead. Glad to have entertained and inspired you. Thanks for the support.

No problem.....you educated me too....I had no idea what Wondercon was.....so I did some Google research.....it looks like a bunch of folks in ridiculous costumes playing out some geeky nerd fantasies.....then I checked out Fog City Wrestling....especially the part where dude is interviewing the geeky nerds in their ridiculous costumes outside the venue......must be some pot/kettle/black shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I like Quiet Riot.

I like Quiet Riot.

I Like Turtles

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I like Quiet Riot.

I Like Turtles

Definitely! I think the LP produced by Ray Davies is really underrated.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts

No problem.....you educated me too....I had no idea what Wondercon was.....so I did some Google research.....it looks like a bunch of folks in ridiculous costumes playing out some geeky nerd fantasies.....then I checked out Fog City Wrestling....especially the part where dude is interviewing the geeky nerds in their ridiculous costumes outside the venue......must be some pot/kettle/black shit.

Congrats! You're starting to get it. I'll tell the promoter you checked out the site. Gotta run. Have a great weekend.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    This thread is best experienced if positive phrases like "have a great weekend" are read with extra sarcasm.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Jeeeesus Christ.

• on some Wondercon shit.

LULZ-O!

• ^^ MAKER OF "SOUL" MIXES FEATURING JOSS STONE ^^

Never that, I'm more of a Remy Shand type of dude.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Thanks for this mix. It's fun!

CARLOS CAVAZOS!!

• on some Wondercon shit.

^^ MAKER OF "SOUL" MIXES FEATURING JOSS STONE ^^

Never that, I'm more of a Remy Shand type of dude.

No doubt, son.

PROVIDER OF FINER SOUNDS FOR HOTEL LOBBIES NATIONWIDE!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

5 stars

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    If anyone interested MTV2 is showing a bunch of making of classic metal albums episodes
    Metallica Def Leppard Iron Maiden etc, the Judas Priest one is on now.

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    I feel the need to say it just because few others on here would even know this:

Plantweed has been anthologizing CD compilations of "AM Gold" since before 20-somethings decided it was ironically hip and tried to rename it "yacht rock."

LOL, I knew the world would catch up some day.