Metal Mix I made...

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Please to consider the artistic gravitas of the genre known as "Metal". I speak of Wizards, skulls, dragons and Stonehenge miniatures.

Or just look at the album covers.

This is not to be taken seriously. This is music to for drunks to crash pickups to.

Or better, for opening Fog City Wrestling cards to.

Plus, how can it be [Schenker accent]"Der defill's" [/Schenker accent] music when "God Gave Rock and Roll To Ya"?

Or was that "God Gave Sausage Rolls To Ya?" - that's the version the porcine kids at school will recall.

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    And out come the clueless clowns.

Dude I liked it. I don't know what your beef is here.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Wait, so funk is this deeply serious genre that requires a lot of chinstroking and holding forth by dudes with high-end stereo set-ups and masters degrees in musicology who sip aged scotch while they play their rare 45s?

I have no beef with the mix btw. I just think the comparison is hilarious.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Wow, dudes are going hard with the "that ain't metal" mindset. Let's be real, no one wants to hear an hour mixtape of the heaviest, grind-core "real" metal. Take that schitt to KERRANG! Or maybe some of you do.

This lite-Metal mixtape sounds fun. Ill take a listen.

no one is saying they want the heaviest grind-core (which isnt metal)...this is a impeccably mixed mix of 95% crap music...outside of a couple tunes, it is awful music. "Fun" for some of you it seems is enjoying music ironically...I personally dont enjoy shitty music no matter how it is presented. Yeah dudes skills are top shelf, but the selections are shit and not metal...there are great metal tunes with braeks and all the accrutements one would want to mix some good metal this way..but dude doesnt have the records, taste or knowledge I supppose. No biggie.

dude could have still kept it mainstream, and not deep and still had good music in the mix...but he chose the VH-1 classics version of metal...I dont know how old dude is, maybe these songs were his shit when he was 12 and wanted to make a nostalgic mix, I dont know...but bottom line is, its lame.

Please to consider the artistic gravitas of the genre known as "Metal". I speak of Wizards, skulls, dragons and Stonehenge miniatures.

yeah heavy metal didnt change ANY games as far as popular music is concerned and everyone who likes it has no taste or class.

whatever.

Your stereotyping is akin to someone saying, "lets look at the artistc gravitas of rap"...saggy ass pants, songs about selling crack, bad grammar, bling, drinking cognac out of a stupid ass chalice, and saying "F*ck" a lot, becasue that is all that rap is...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Wait, so funk is this deeply serious genre that requires a lot of chinstroking and holding forth by dudes with high-end stereo set-ups and masters degrees in musicology who sip aged scotch while they play their rare 45s?

No. Jazz is number one in the Hierarchy of SeriousityTM.
    Funk is about number 5.

yeah heavy metal didnt change ANY games as far as popular music is concerned and everyone who likes it has no taste or class.

whatever.

Your stereotyping is akin to someone saying, "lets look at the artistc gravitas of rap"...saggy ass pants, songs about selling crack, bad grammar, bling, drinking cognac out of a stupid ass chalice, and saying "F*ck" a lot, becasue that is all that rap is...

So are you saying "Don't clown Metal. There is some real meaningful and deep metal out there." ?

This, in a thread promoting a "Metal Mix I made..." chock full of Stryper, Dokken and Ratt?

YOU'RE PULLING DOWN YOUR PANTS AND FLASHING YOUR HAIRY IGNORANCE

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    i wouldve started with Ratos de Parao and ended with some Carpathian Forest but thats just me...

I don't think there's anything wrong with a bad hair metal mix per-se, and this one's billed as such. But the reactions of dudes who are like "duh, it's metal, Cinderella and Ratt are like, what it's all about" are ignorant.

So are you saying "Don't clown Metal. There is some real meaningful and deep metal out there." ?

This, in a thread promoting a "Metal Mix I made..." chock full of Stryper, Dokken and Ratt?

In a way, yes. There is some really great music and great musicians in metal...ignorance says its just wizards and skulls music.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

I get it. It's a "populist" mix for wrestling fans, a virtual K-Tel collection for folks who buy their CDs at discount retailers. And I can even hang with the hair metal, but at least throw some good ones in there, like Kix, Hanoi Rocks, or something off High & Dry.

dudes who are like "duh, it's metal, Cinderella and Ratt are like, what it's all about" are ignorant.

That's not my take on metal.

But, just out of curiosity, and for future reference, what is it all about?

metal is deeply serious music!

dudes who are like "duh, it's metal, Cinderella and Ratt are like, what it's all about" are ignorant.

That's not my take on metal.

But, just out of curiosity, and for future reference, what is it all about?

You're welcome.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Perhaps my reading skills deteriorating, but is anyone really saying this?

I'm seeing a lot of tongues in cheek here.

I could get with the assertion that Cinderella and Ratt are what hair metal is all about. But then again, who really cares what hair metal is all about?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Bottom line is that I could own both of you on the turntables.

• Ratt's first record is a great album.

No, really.

... and to bring this full circle, a former guitar tech for Ratt recorded the Konceptual Domincance record and taught me how to use most of my studio gear.

Dude you are hilarious. Your angst is palpable!

Actually I'm laughing my ass off. What else would you expect on a funk/rap site?

I rode for Death Angel back in the day. My other brother (not the mod) was way into them, Sepultura, Slayer and Testament.

He was mad impressed with they way Chuck Billy could spit high across the stage, run under it, and catch it in his mouth on the other side.

eat one of these

whilst reading up on this

That is f*cking brilliant.