Dumpster Diving

2»

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    i was walking by a flee in the east village a couple of weeks ago and a seller had just dumped like 3000 45s in two different garbage cans. I grabbed what I could, about five hundred or so. I took this suitcase that he had put some of the 45s into and when I got home, after eating dinner with friends and the gf, I noticed the 45s in the suitcase didn't smell so hot. When I got to the bottom of the pile there was a small blue platic bag that was tied shut. Inside of it was dog shit -- I hope.
    So I guess the moral of the story is, don't bother waking up early.

• ewww totally grossed out! that's why i stay at home and use hand sanitizer on my mouse and just ebay dig

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i've had to hit the dumspter more than a few times in my days... back in indiana the dumpsters were emptied on campuss almost on the daily so they never got too bad... but my entire apartment was outfitted with garbage furniture, from the couch right to the TV set.

only once did i ever find any records though... grabbed about 300 in a rainstorm at the scultpure dept and hadda hi tail em home. of that i think only 3-4 were actually worth keeping.. rest went straight back i nthe dumpster or got traded for credit.

hi light - sealed copy of Madonna's The Immaculate collection and Red Fox - You gotta wash your ass

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I would like to know people's opinions on the best methods for locating buried treasure amidst steaming piles of shit... any ideas? I know more than a few people who have found wax lying dormant in waste...

Dude, who are you? You really want to know how best to dig through garbage for records? If you're seriously contemplating wading through muck for LPs maybe it's time for a re-evaluation of your priorities. Don't misunderstand--I sell records for a living and care about finding good records as much as the next person, but a fellow needs to have some standards. There are things you just shouldn't do for records, and up there with prostituting yourself and lying is digging in steaming piles of shit.

No one said anything about really digging in steaming piles of shit! I suppose you wear fucking protective goggles and rubber gloves when you go digging?

Dude, I wear a hazmat suit. More seriously, if I'm digging in spot with questionable sanitation, damn right I take precautions. At least for now this is my job and there's no way I'm letting my job make me sick. There's no worker's comp plan for me.

Dan's suit is paisley, tho. Makes the ladies go wild.

h

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    like moderating a site with weird a freaky people

Touch??!

Dude, I could tell you stories about diggers and their insanity that are fully next level...

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    like moderating a site with weird a freaky people

Touch??!

Dude, I could tell you stories about diggers and their insanity that are fully next level...

Do tell...

• like moderating a site with weird a freaky people

Touch??!

Do tell...

this one time at band camp...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i was walking by a flee in the east village a couple of weeks ago and a seller had just dumped like 3000 45s in two different garbage cans. I grabbed what I could, about five hundred or so. I took this suitcase that he had put some of the 45s into and when I got home, after eating dinner with friends and the gf, I noticed the 45s in the suitcase didn't smell so hot. When I got to the bottom of the pile there was a small blue platic bag that was tied shut. Inside of it was dog shit -- I hope.
    So I guess the moral of the story is, don't bother waking up early.

this sounds like that dollar sticking out of a bag of poop trick they did on mighty ducks, except for record nerdoz.

as long as the 45s were in good shape, who cares about poo...

• Actually, what initiated this thread was the fact that a cohort of mineb came up on over 400 LPs that were thrown out in the dumpster, all in pristine cond....