Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    procrastination is bullshit
    i hate that shit and wish i could purge it from my life

do it tomorrow

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    LOL

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The per hour price ($110) of the mechanic that just fixed my car.

Dude mechanics are crooks! Pepboys looked at my brakes two weeks ago and stated I need new brake pads and calipers. I took my vehicle to another shop and they tell me " there is nothing wrong with your brakes"! No need to pay 721.00 dollars for work that doesn't need to be done.

no shit, and now that the economy is in the tank, they are getting even more ruthless...my engine fan wasnt working, shop said it was burned out, $686 to fix...did a little internetting and discovered for my car, having the relay switch going out is a common problem...bought one at an auto parts store for $30 and found a dude to put it in for $75...problem fixed. Plus, blue book mechanic rate isnt supposed to exceed $80 an hour...$110 an hour is just criminal...

I drive all the way across town for my mechanic. It is a family owned shop and I love the fact that I actually trust them when they tell me I need something fixed.

• LapurLapur 60 Posts
    That you can't have public feedback without showing the items you won on Ebay for the last 90 days.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    All these damn University students that wait 3 minutes for an elevator to go down one floor. DUDES THE f*cking STAIRS ARE RIGHT THERE. You could have walked down the one flight and come back up before the elevator even showed up.

Haha this shit is for real! Any time I have to do something on a campus I
    notice this. You're going from 8-1 and dude gets on at 8 and gets off at
    7 then a dude gets on at 6 and goes to 5 where 3 girls get on and go to 4 ...
    Shit should take like 20 seconds takes 8 minutes. Most of the buildings seem to
    have the staircase that wraps right around the elevator shaft, too.

Also happens in hospitals - but that's a little more understandable.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    All these damn University students that wait 3 minutes for an elevator to go down one floor. DUDES THE f*cking STAIRS ARE RIGHT THERE. You could have walked down the one flight and come back up before the elevator even showed up.

Haha this shit is for real! Any time I have to do something on a campus I
    notice this. You're going from 8-1 and dude gets on at 8 and gets off at
    7 then a dude gets on at 6 and goes to 5 where 3 girls get on and go to 4 ...
    Shit should take like 20 seconds takes 8 minutes. Most of the buildings seem to
    have the staircase that wraps right around the elevator shaft, too.

Also happens in hospitals - but that's a little more understandable.

next time just drop your guts as soon as you get in the elevator...then none of the studnets will want to share it with you.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Adult Mfkn' acne, maaan.

• Cars with small engine compartments are some bullshit. You shouldn't have to take your car to a mechanic for things such as replacing an alternator or changing spark plugs. And if you do take your car to a mechanic they'll change the easily accessible spark plugs, but they won't change the ones that are harder to access.

• Coming down to Florida from freezing DC to see my pops and immediately catching the flu on the plane.

That's some real bullshit.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Taxes

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Having to go through 25 layers of voicemail prompts to get to a live human (who may or may not be able to help you) any time you call a credit card company/bank/phone company/computer help line/city government.

Further Bullshit: Those same cedit card companies employ/contract live humans to CALL YOU on some bullshit time-wasting survey taking mess. Here's something for your survey---QUIT GIVING OUT MY PHONE NUMBER, EMPLOY SOME ACTUAL HUMANS TO ANSWER YOUR PHONES AND LOWER MY GODAMN INTEREST RATES!

Shit, Capitol One is raising my rate "due to the ailing economy." Really? Because I could have sworn federal rates were down... assholes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    working late tomorrow and friday

• Options
    This cold-ass muthafuuckin weather.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    washing and dryering your tv remote that was tangled in your bed comforter like i just did.

i should remove this because my remote works again today which i don't understand how. i used lots of detergent. it's a festivus miracle!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

i hate it too, but i gotta say - hanging out on Soul Strut ain't helping any!

• waking up extra early for school, getting there, and remembering your morning class was canceled.

that, today, was some bullshit.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Tutting.

No adult should ever tut at another adult. Ever.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Cheech & Chong : The Corsican Brothers

• Cheech & Chong : Things are Tough All Over[/b]

with the marked exception of the "herpes/hairpiece" bit, which is of course timeless...

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    1.) My wife's company is reviewing medical insurance and I am almost 100% certain we will have a different insurance company repping us for the 5th year in a row with the added bonus of dropping dental coverage... oh yeah, the monthly will go up, I guarantee. Some grade-A bullshit.

2.) Having to give my 24-year-old cat subcutaneous IV fluids every three days because his kidneys are shutting down. At least he is comfortable when I am not shoving an IV needle under his skin.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

BOOOORING.

So Louis mentions in one of his writings this tin horn player that he used to talk to when he was 10 years old that he thought was fascinating. He doesn't say what they talked about, pretty much all he said was "there was this tin horn player named blah blah that I talked to when I was 10 that I thought was fascinating." and yet this author dedicated A WHOLE CHAPTER to that. Pondering what influence this tin horn player must have had and what they may have talked about, and blah blah blah. And on and on about how weird flatted 3rds must have sounded to some people who weren't raised with the blues. I mean, there is interesting stuff in this book, but the author manages to make even the most interesting shit SO BORING. But I paid 15 bucks for this book because it looked cool so now I'm going to finish it, even if the author is full of shit and must have loved the sound of his own keyboard clicking away while he mused about flatted thirds and heterophony and blah blah blah.

If I wanted to learn more about Louis Armstrong and New Orleans and early jazz I picked the wrong f*cking book, but its too late now.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    40 year old men who lack common sense and act like or have the bad manners of children b/w people who are seemingly completely oblivious to how obnoxious they are. I consider myself a live-and-let-live type of guy who understands that it takes all kinds, but I'm amazed that some people don't have the automatic red light alarm in their brain that says, "hmmm, maybe I should fall back on this one. I sound silly."

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    the automatic red light alarm is for the weak.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

It took me a while to get around to saying this, but I have to agree.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    washing and dryering your tv remote that was tangled in your bed comforter like i just did.

i should remove this because my remote works again today which i don't understand how. i used lots of detergent. it's a festivus miracle!

A protective cocoon of blankets! I read that and thought you were screwed for sure, real surprising.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

It took me a while to get around to saying this, but I have to agree.

Not interneting from home has helped me out a bit in this regard but I'm still terrible with it.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Comcast

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

BOOOORING.

So Louis mentions in one of his writings this tin horn player that he used to talk to when he was 10 years old that he thought was fascinating. He doesn't say what they talked about, pretty much all he said was "there was this tin horn player named blah blah that I talked to when I was 10 that I thought was fascinating." and yet this author dedicated A WHOLE CHAPTER to that. Pondering what influence this tin horn player must have had and what they may have talked about, and blah blah blah. And on and on about how weird flatted 3rds must have sounded to some people who weren't raised with the blues. I mean, there is interesting stuff in this book, but the author manages to make even the most interesting shit SO BORING. But I paid 15 bucks for this book because it looked cool so now I'm going to finish it, even if the author is full of shit and must have loved the sound of his own keyboard clicking away while he mused about flatted thirds and heterophony and blah blah blah.

If I wanted to learn more about Louis Armstrong and New Orleans and early jazz I picked the wrong f*cking book, but its too late now.

I'll take this single excerpt from the book over all of you bullshit whining about it...

One of his youthful passions was second lining, the practice of following a parade as it made its route through the city. Second-line gangs carried homemade weapons -"drum sticks, baseball bats, and all forms of ammunition we'd call it to combat some of the foe when they come to the dividing line," according to Jelly Roll Morton. It was while second lining that Armstrong learned all about foes and dividing lines. The Irish Channel, uptown and near the river, was notoriously hostile to Negroes who did not live there, "if you followed a parade out there you might come home with your head in your hand," he wrote. Creole neighborhoods also marked their boundaries efficiently. Many Creoles were forbidden to second line due to the violence regularly associated with it. Benny Williams, a parade drummer universally known as "Black Benny," was sought after not only for his musical skill but also for his ability to match blow for blow with a heavy blackjack that he pulled out when necessary. "Nobody would do us nothing," said bass player Ed Garland. "He used to take care of us." Armstrong figured out a less dangerous way of dealing with the problem. If he could gain the privilege of carrying the horn of Willie "Bunk" Johnson, Joe Oliver, or some other cornetist, neither the police nor neighborhood toughs would bother him. By performing this little service, the unsupervised child could stay with the band on its entire route. Later, in his mid-teens as a hired cornetist, he was known to break away from his parade steps in order to chase down and flail hecklers.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    you based me whining bullshit based on that one paragraph? oh boy. There is a lot of good info in that book, but there is a lot of Harvey style "I know what I'm talking about" type assertions from the author that make me cringe. There are one too many "Louis would have understood that..." and "It is clear from [vague antecdote] that this would have had a profound impact on louis's timing of the bending of 3rds in relation to blah blah blah something about prositutes blah blah you would have to be raised speaking the new orleans black vernacular to properly syncopate the rhtythm of blah blah blah" from a dude that wasn't there, didn't live through it, and yet totally "gets it". puhlease. But still, I am learning a good deal despite the author's arrogant assumptions.

Its as if Harvey had a degree in architecture, and wrote about building design, He still wouldn't be able to resist getting all "archaic" with it and mentioning that ancient architucture MAY have come from ALIENS.....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    you based me whining bullshit based on that one paragraph? oh boy. There is a lot of good info in that book, but there is a lot of Harvey style "I know what I'm talking about" type assertions from the author that make me cringe. There are one too many "Louis would have understood that..." and "It is clear from [vague antecdote] that this would have had a profound impact on louis's timing of the bending of 3rds in relation to blah blah blah something about prositutes blah blah you would have to be raised speaking the new orleans black vernacular to properly syncopate the rhtythm of blah blah blah" from a dude that wasn't there, didn't live through it, and yet totally "gets it". puhlease. But still, I am learning a good deal despite the author's arrogant assumptions.

Its as if Harvey had a degree in architecture, and wrote about building design, He still wouldn't be able to resist getting all "archaic" with it and mentioning that ancient architucture MAY have come from ALIENS.....

Ain't my fault that you don't know how to read right...on top of just not being funny EVER.