Fake Album Exercise (design strut)

Comments

• This one reminds me of my Stretch Marks Almighty[/b] album which, perhaps not surprisingly, is the one album of mine that pops up on eBay frequently.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

• She looks a bit like Vienna Teng

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    This thread is incredible. And whoever made the "90's college rock" comment was right on. You could have put a lot of these in a "Rep your obscure 90's indie rock" thread and I would believed them all to be legit.

Having said that....

This one of my favorites. The label logo choices on some of these are a little off, but the ECM choice here was perfect. Obscure euro fusion moves.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    wow, this is really fun.
    Raerest MPS title, like Bora Rokovic but more psychy:

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• HamHam 872 Posts

hit or miss in the dollar bin...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

waxidermy comedy gold!!!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    As the dude who comes on here to memorize album covers while record shopping, this thread is going to F me up...

they're all really good, by the way.

• we're going to need some song titles for these records

feel free to pick, choose and add on:

spin and burn
    mushroom stomp
    bunny suits(thats gangsta)
    youre boyfriend is gay
    run with the riot
    the world is laughing
    recession bingo
    soulthrob
    i want it all,keep the change
    you are my sadness

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    So many & in here.

• So many & in here.

plaese to explain

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    So many & in here.

Try contributing something then.

• Im guessing from his avatar of a reeses peanut butter cup with wizard rock h's on it that he is a "professional" designer and is scoffing at the designs of people just having fun...

• maybe he didnt like my amazing song titles

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    So many & in here.

Try contributing something then.

blow our mind !

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Im guessing from his avatar of a reeses peanut butter cup with wizard rock h's on it that he is a "professional" designer and is scoffing at the designs of people just having fun...

Yeah, I'm fairly sure most of the people making these covers are not designers. I know I'm not and my shit sucks something terrible if being judged on a professional level. It's just kind of fun to see what random combination comes up and whether or not it meshes thematically.

• we also need to have reviews of the albums with detailed info on band history, member names, etc...Ill start:

(from NME March 17th, 1973)

Justice As Fairness "Their Passions a Quotation" Philips Germany 1973

From the ashes of Hannover's Beat/Psychedelic combo The Orchid Eaters, Justice As Fairness released their debut LP, "A Dog's Breakfast" last year on the famed Brain label. Group leader (guitarist, singer and electronics whiz) Jurgen Fitzwelder decided to take the band in a new, jazzier direction (and a label change) with their new LP "Their Passions a Quotation". Incorporating reeds,brass, a second (acoustic) bass on several tracks (electric bassist, Rudolf Shecklen plays an invention of Jurgen's, the soundedhampfer, a kind of electric jews harp hooked up to an array of effects such as delay on the tracks that new acoustic bassist, Antoli Weregenaffer plays on) and scat vocals from Ursula Dudenichefler. Side one opens with side long suite titled "The way things never were". Starting with unaccompanied drums from Fritz Krummenmacher, playing a heavy, on the one backbeat for several bars. Slowly a whole array of electronic effects and backwards horns enter the mix. Jurgen and the rest of the band join in with heavy fuzz guitar, swinging reeds and a vocal duet with Ursala. Halfway through the track, guitar feedback overtakes the arrangement and all other musicans drop out while found sounds such as birds, construction site noises, spliced talking snippets in various languages and the sound of an Swiss alpine horn continues for several minutes, suddenly the atmosphere changes as new member, Karl Schumkaiser, plays a Chet baker influenced trumpet solo unaccompanied. The drums accompany the trumpet for a short while with the scat vocals and a symphony of electronic noise and guitar feedback finishes out the track and the side. Side 2 contains 4 tracks, one of which, "My eye cries tears of vinegar" is the closest the band has ever had to a hit (the single released on the soundtrack to last year's film "I didnt mean to spit on you" hit number 14 in the top 20 in the Berlin music paper, "roken zig progen"). The other 3 are jazz-influenced progressive rock with an experimental flair and lots of extraneous noise and absurd lyrics penned by the band's keyboard player Frank Ulischlummer. A great follow-up to their debut. The band is currently working on their 3rd album, a tribute to the pioneering dentist Dr. Ivan Sook.

• FANTASTIC! I need this record.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Im guessing from his avatar of a reeses peanut butter cup with wizard rock h's on it that he is a "professional" designer and is scoffing at the designs of people just having fun...

Yeah, I'm fairly sure most of the people making these covers are not designers. I know I'm not and my shit sucks something terrible if being judged on a professional level. It's just kind of fun to see what random combination comes up and whether or not it meshes thematically.

I made all mine on MS Word and Paint.

• Alright, decided to play along with the specifications of the original post. My entry:

looks like a bob james cover post cti.

• Alright, decided to play along with the specifications of the original post. My entry:

looks like a bob james cover post cti.

It did look that way, or something on Tappan Zee. The boots on the yellow circle actually reminded me of this:

• I personally like how the guy has a shadow on the left, but when duplicated in the middle, he doesn't.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts